You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Outside The Window

Real Ghost Stories

Outside The Window

 

My old house in Tulsa, OK was haunted. Back in 2005 one night I was in my room playing a card game with my brother Aaron. We were playing Yu GI Oh and I heard my cat outside my window hissing and growling. I thought she was about to get into a fight with another cat. Her hissing and growling got louder and I heard another growl followed by her jumping off the window and running through the bush.

Now, I couldn't see what was happening outside because I had the blinds down on my window and was about to get up to see if I could get my cat to come inside (her name's Fluffy). But before I could I heard something big run past my window. I could tell it was big cause it made a loud stomping sound as it ran and it stomped so hard it made the ground shook.

I was worried about my cat but I wasn't about to go outside after that. All I could do was hope and pray that my cat got away from whatever it was that chased after her.

The next day I called for my cat and to my relief my cat came running to me and I took her inside. That was one of many creepy experiences I had when I lived in that house.

Another time I was in my room and I heard a growl that sounded like it was coming from the closet and other times I'd see the doorknob to my closet turn on its own. I know no one is in my room cause my older brother is in his room and Aaron my younger brother is watching TV and my little sister is afraid of my room.

Also, my back yard had a few trees and a shed. There was this one tree that had purple flowers and a small white wooden fence around it. The shed was on the right side of the yard and the tree is on the far left side of the yard. One day after a wind storm we found part of the shed broken off and four long scratch marks on the door. I think whatever chased after my cat left those claw marks.

Other hauntings by midnighthade

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, midnighthade, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-15)
I don't live to far from tulsa. I grew up in a house that many things would happen. But I got used to them and didn't pay them no mind. They didn't seem evil just curious or went about their business. What part of tulsa was it in?
midnighthade (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-27)
Mimi81 I don't think so because it was stomping as it ran, which made the ground shake.

Sds I didn't think to look into the House's history, and I haven't asked my neighbors for fear of sounding crazy and I don't know about the people that live there now cause I moved to NY.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-27)
I know there's the occasional report of a mountain lion sighted in Oklahoma. Do you think it's possible that's what you heard outside your window? It would explain the scratch marks on the shed and the loud running noises you heard.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-25)
Hi midnighthade, it is quite difficult to say as the input is quite limited to comment about the growling. I don't think it has got anything to do with the turning of the knob of your closet. Again, the details you have stated are quite insufficient for me to comment about it. But, did you investigate about the whole issue? Did you ask your neighbours if they have experienced any such incidents? And what about the house itself? What is its history? Do you still live in the same house? You said its your old house? Now who is living there? If there is anyone known to you or related to you, please do try to find out if they experience anything what you had gone through. Please do post it so that we could comment.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: