You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Waverly Hills

Real Ghost Stories

Waverly Hills

 

I have been doing paranormal investigations for the past 23 years. My team and I have been all over the place conducting these investigations. We have filmed a documentary and been featured on the show My Ghost Story. I often get asked what the craziest thing is I have witnessed during an investigation, so here it is.

My team and I investigated Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louisville, KY. It is an old TB hospital that is deemed one of the most haunted places in America. If you are interested in the history you can google it and find all kinds.

I will tell you this about it though. On the fifth floor a nurse is reported to have hung herself in room 502. A place in the hospital that is documented as having a huge amount of activity.

While one of my investigators and I were up there we started to experience heavy activity. We are standing in the middle of the hall facing room 504, one room down from where the nurse hung herself. All was dark and quiet when we started to hear what sound like hard sole shoes on a tile floor. The floors on this floor and throughout the hospital are grey concrete. We listened for a few minutes as our recorder was going. It sounded like someone was just pacing back and forth.

At each end of this hallway is a doorway. The doorways lead to outside on the roof. When the hospital was in operation they put swing sets and things of that nature for the children who were struck with TB.

So we are excited and concentrating on the activity going on in room 504. But something kept catching my attention to my right. With that being one of the doors leading outside, I kept my focus in front of me.

When it got too much to ignore I finally turn my head to the right so I could try to figure out what was distracting me. Because that part of the floor was outside it wasn't completely dark, but pretty much. There were street lights in the distance making it easy to see a figure or something of that sort.

I turned my head quickly to the right and what I saw stunned me. I saw a black figure. Not standing in front of me or passing by the doorway. No, this thing was black like a shadow but with much more depth. I watched as it crossed over the threshold... On the ceiling. I saw it put its leg over the threshold and push its body into the room. It looked like something you would see in The Ring.

I couldn't make out a face or anything but it didn't scare me. It didn't seem threatening or evil. Actually I felt like it saw us and wanted to get a closer look by coming into the room but by turning my head I caught it. As soon as I saw it, it kind of jumped as if it were startled, and then it disappeared.

So that, folks, is the craziest thing I witnessed on an investigation.

Other hauntings by HunterOfGhost

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HunterOfGhost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-18)
that would be an excellent place to go for a look being a skeptic and all. I recently watched a paranormal documentary on the place and really enjoyed it.

There are some people where I work that do investigations and quite a few alegedly haunted locations within a short drive from here so hopefully they will ask me along.

Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜Š
HunterOfGhost (3 stories) (15 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-17)
zzsgranny- It isn't real hard to book an investigation. This is how they use to do it when we went there but they may have changed things by now. They open the phone lines for this at a certain time... For only a certain amount of time, around the first of the year. There is a 10 person minimum at $100/person for the 8 hour investigation. You may want to check the website to confirm things are still the same. Good luck! ๐Ÿ˜
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-17)
Goodness me Hunter!

Wonder if this apparition you saw wanted to keep you all safe? I know that's a pretty out there thing to say. But as you sensed it there before you saw it, and it displayed non threatening traits, it made me wonder.

Why oh why couldn't it have done this IN FRONT of a camera? ๐Ÿ˜† Maybe it was trying not to be detected by your equipment too. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Oh well!

Thanks for sharing.๐Ÿ˜Š
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-16)
HunterOfGhost: This has been on our bucket list for a long time LOL. How difficult is it to book an investigation? I don't recall if that's what held us back, or the fact that we're from all over the country and it's pretty hard to get things like time off, money, etc., in sync ๐Ÿ˜†. And Miracles is right, we got that ghost huntin' jones ๐Ÿ˜†. We also have some newer equipment we're kind of itching to try out.

As far as the "shadow" you saw goes, I think you'll probably agree that it wasn't what most of us would deem a shadow person, since there wasn't that feeling of dread that normally accompanies a sighting. Interesting.

Thank you for posting this! ๐Ÿ˜Š
HunterOfGhost (3 stories) (15 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-10-16)
I would most definately investigate there again. 3 of my team members saw their first apparition there. We all had a lot of personal experiences and did encounter a lot of activity. However, as far as documented evidence, we caught a few good EVP's but nothing on video, nothing in pictures. Not to say that your team wouldn't cause we all know how it can be. You can investigate the most haunted place ever one night and get nothing, investigate it in 2 weeks and get the best evidence ever.
While I would investigate there again I am not sure I would go back to the 4th floor. I have been doing this a long time and do not scare easy on investigations. I will be quite honest though, whatever was/is on the 4th floor there scared the hell out of me.
Not everyone had the same feelings/experiences I did but I wasn't the only one either.
It wasn't physical with me although at one point during my time on that floor I did get a horrible stomach ache.
Another investigator experienced this as well but we were in 2 seperate groups and on the floor at 2 seperate times.
It stalked us through the hallway and right before leaving the floor myself and another member heard it coming running down the hall behind us. It came so close to us that I stopped and prepared myself to either be grabbed or knocked down. It didn't touch either one of us though.
You may have a totally different experience but as for me I did not like the 4th floor.
If you do get a chance to go, good luck and have fun!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-10-16)
HunterOfGhost - I am so glad you submitted this. Recently I was watching a documentary on Waverly Hills and found myself questioning whether or not it would be worth it, evidence-wise, to try and investigate there. It just seems like, because it is so massive, unless you have a huge team/group, it would be next to impossible to be certain there isn't someone else on a different floor, opposite end, whatever.

I'm not in any way discounting your experience, so please don't take it that way. I'm really curious who/what it is you saw.

Would you do another investigation there? I'm getting excited about another investigation LOL Our group hasn't been in over a year and we're having withdrawals ๐Ÿ˜†

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: