You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hauntings in Elk Grove, Ca

Real Ghost Stories

Hauntings in Elk Grove, Ca

 

My dad divorced my mother after cheating on her when I was thirteen, and moved in with "the woman" and they were together for 6 years. Last year they bought a huge house in Elk Grove Ca and half an acre of land. Behind the stone wall of the back yard was miles of unbuilt on land, soon to be new homes. The house only had one owner before us. They sold it due to divorce, not even living in the house a year.

Ever since they moved there, (I lived with my mom and visited on weekends, I'm 20 now) I always felt uneasy there as if I was being watched but I NEVER thought anything of it. Not in a 2 years old house. I would be sitting on the couch watching TV and the family room would be right past the TV. I would be sitting there and I would see the light in family room dim as if something moved through it. Not that that was the case. I am very skeptical and I know it could just be the power outlet and lack energy at that moment. I just feel that after certain events it plays a roll. That was the beginning.

Another evening I was sitting on the couch again with the whole family and could have sworn I saw someone walk by in the family room. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Until my "step mom" said "Did you see that?" My dad replied " What? The shadow that just walked by? Yeah, I saw it but I didn't want to say anything because I thought it was just me" I felt my face get white because it was noticeable enough that they both saw it.

About a month went by and I was over visiting once again. My dad and his girlfriend decided to go to home depot. It was about 7pm and dark out. I was upstairs in the computer room on the computer. The computer sits on a desk that when you sit at it, your back faces a wall and there is only about 2 feet behind you until you hit the wall. I was checking my e-mail and I felt a distinct tap on my shoulder. I was FROZEN in fear. I didn't even bother to turn around, I acted as if I didn't feel it. I knew there was no HUMAN behind me NO one was home. I stopped visiting as much.

But I heard a lot of went on and witnessed some as well as time passed. They have a border collie and HATED to go outside, you couldn't get her out in the back unless she HAD to "go". Well after the night at the computer, she wouldn't come inside the house anytime you opened the door she bolted out. You would have to drag her inside. When inside, she would pee all over herself. Mind you she is a 9 year old dog and hasn't went inside since she was potty trained when she was a pup. My dad's girlfriend works for the FAA as well as my dad and she was away for a month doing schooling in Oklahoma. My dad has been in the military for about 20 years and I have never heard of anything to scare him, of course losing his family, but anything other than that. But when I went to sleep in the guest room, at the top of the room in the corner was what I can describe it as a Black blob, just kind of rotating in place. I showed my dad and he saw it too. It was never there in the day but every night there it was.

This went on for about 2 months with still seeing shadows or anything that I guess you really couldn't say for sure was something paranormal. Until one evening I woke up thirsty. I turned the stair lights on and went down stairs to get some water. I had the dog with me following my every move, and she did, she was right on my heals as she hated being in the house anyway. As I walked to the stairs in the dark with just a gleam of the light coming from up stairs, it was then I heard it. A distinct whispering in my ear which made every hair on the back of my neck stand up. The dog behind me bolted through the kitchen toward the sliding glass door barking AT ME in fear, as if I was the thing she was scared of. That only intensified my fear even more. I ran up the stairs tripping on the last step to the top and ran in my room. I ended up falling asleep with my hands over my ears just in case I heard it again. I NEVER told my dad or ANYONE. If I talked about it, it would only make me more nervous about it.

Sometimes I just feel like if you talk about things like this, it makes it worse, or makes yourself more "open" to these experiences. Well I didn't at first. It was when my dad's girlfriend was at school, my dad was home alone getting ready for bed. They have this huge bath room with no door, just a walk way separating it from the bedroom. He was facing the mirror which you could see in the reflection, the bedroom. His girlfriend again was in oklahoma, I was with my mom 45 minutes away. He had locked up for the night and the dog was in her kennel.

He was brushing his teeth when he saw a black shadow of a person walk quickly by his view of the room. The room was well lighted. My dad turned around and walked into the room and no one was there. He started to hear slight bangs on the walls around the house, up stairs, down stairs, ALL over. My dad not being one who gets scared, walked down stairs in the dark to conquer his fear to show himself or whatever else he wasn't afraid. He stood down stairs in the family room, the WHOLE house in darkness. He started to CURSE out loud saying to whatever it was, to show him what it's got. He then said "f*** you! Show me what you have got". Then in his ear was a low deep growl in his ear. My dad said he was so paralyzed with fear for something just growled right in his ear, after saying all of that in the pitch dark. He then pursued to walk to the kitchen (in the dark) to get some water and walked back up stairs as if nothing happened, to not show whatever it was the fear he felt.

I then got a call from him and his voice was shakey and he told me what happened. When he told me, I had chills run up my spine. I told him then of what happened to me.

The next day my dad tried to get a priest to come and bless the house. But he wouldn't be able to get that done for about another two days. So my dad took the bible and read various verses in the bible about 20 minute in each room. 5 minutes into reading in the first room (the family room), we heard a loud metallic bang upstairs as if an old air conditioner was kicking on. Later we went to investigate up stairs but nothing was noticed fallen over or out of place. Not to mention that's not how our air-conditioner sounded when it came on. This was a brand new 900,000 dollar home. It just didn't sound like that. After that our dog came in as if she had never been afraid too. We never had anything happen again after that. The black blob was gone.

Also when all of this scare stuff was going on, we had a christmas. We had decorated the stair case and we took pictures of the beautiful decorations since it was the first christmas in that house. After these incidences were over, we uploaded the pics to find an orb moving up the stair case in each pic. It was as if the orb moved from each pic as it moved up the stairs. We focused in on the orb and zoomed it and you can see a distinct face it.

Well that was just one of my experiences. Let me know what you think.

Other hauntings by msblondie21

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, msblondie21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

babyboop1971 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
Hello, I live in a house near I-5 in Elk Grove. We are renting it. It is a 5 bedroom and also has a desk with a (half) wall behind it. And the master restroom does not have a door.

I have been experiencing experiences there and I wonder if it is the same house? Our house was built in 2002 and is on Canada Goose Court.

Can you give me more information about the whereabouts of the house you lived in?
bardsidhe (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
I agree with ChrisB this spirit is probably only removed from the house, I think what you had was an Elemental, disturbed by the new housing development, these Entities can be formed by people with strong attachment to land, and have passed over long long ago but remain attached to the land, when disturbed from thier 'slumber'

of course I could be wrong, just sharing my thoughts about it
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
msblondie21, thank the Saints Above that your Dad had the presence of mind to grab a Bible and begin cleaning the house on his own terms in the priest's stead. I shudder to think what else would have happened if he had not done that. Thankfully, the horrible ordeal is now over. (It did not return, did it?)
Where are the Christmas photographs? That would be great to see. Especially since there is an orb in every one of them.
Also, I will be looking forward to seeing more stories from you, you did say this was not the only story you had, right?
Thanks for sharing your story.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-10)
Hi msblondie21. That was a great story! There were certainly a lot of things going on. Does your Dad still live there? Has anything more happened since then? I would love to see some of your orb pics, I think Martin can add them onto this story if you send them in. You said that was just 'one' of your experiences, it sounds like a whole bunch of experiences! 😊 Anyway, it sounds like you have more to tell, I'm looking forward to reading more. Thanks for sharing!
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-10)
Have you looked into HPI-You might like that Msblondie21. It is right here in Sacramento.
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Could you give us more info on the house? I would like to know. E-mail: www.lofland.allie [at] yahoo.com
PEACE,
Alex.
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Do you think you could post the orb photo with some story? I wish I could see it. Might help the story. Do you know any background on the house, for why its haunted by an Orb? Because most cases like these, The background of the house history helps reveal the past troubles of it for why it's haunted. Trust me, I once stayed in a haunted house that used to be my grandfathers. It was haunted by his ghost. In Ireland. And I knew some of its past history, and later me and my Aunt Mary burned it down. (Not that yours needs to be(: If you have any bad things happening later with the orb, you should get your housed blessed.
PEACE,
Alex.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
I think...wow! What an experience! How terrifying! I am glad that your father and you took the Bible and used your faith, took back the fear and the power from the 'blob'.

Thanks for sharing your story!

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Msblondie21 that was freaky. I loved the way you wrote your story! I was freaked out reading your story. I believe there could have been a ghost around that area. Your dad has a lot of land so there could be a lot of history in it. You should do some research on it. I don't think that the ghost finely crossed over. It might be calm for a while but sometimes they can come back. I think like this because I'm not sure that the house was cleaned properly. Do give us more input on this. I hope tyo hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: