You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Bad Experience at Bachelors Grove

Real Ghost Stories

A Bad Experience at Bachelors Grove

 

Back on October 15, 2004, my girlfriend thought it would be a good idea to take me to Bachelors Grove Cemetery, a week before my birthday, as one of my presents. I am really into the supernatural, so I was really excited about it. I even went and bought a digital voice recorder, and got out my digital camera. We left that saturday, at about 12:00p.m. I live about an hour and a half away, so I wanted to get as much out of this as possible. When we arrived, we parked across the street, in the forest preserve parking lot, then walked across the street (there is nowhere to park other then there, and if you try to park elsewhere, you will be towed, and get a ticket.) The walk from there is not very far, but as we got closer to the gate, it started to feel really odd. I turned on my recorder, and it would skip from 17 seconds, to 23. I kept it going, and we took a whole bunch of pictures. It was about 42 degrees that day, and it started raining, so we hurried it up, and took as many pictures as we could. While we were there, we noticed a really bizarre feeling of being watched, and I kept getting the feeling something was breathing down my neck. We decided to leave after being there about 20 minutes. It was creeping us out, and we were the only ones there. I left the recorder going till we got to the end of trail leaving the grounds. Once we got to the car, I replayed all of our footage. I almost literally had a heart attack at what I heard. I heard a voice whisper to get out, and other things, like at one point I said to my girlfriend, take a picture of me next to here. Then you hear, almost in a taunting manner, yes go ahead take a picture. The really freaky stuff started happening after we got home.

That night, (now keep in mind, I am extremely healthy, and I never get sick.) I felt perfect that day, and out of nowhere that night, I got a bad cough, and sore throat. There is no way possible, I could get that sick, for being in the cold, dressed as warm as I was, for 20 minutes. Anyway, the next morning, when my girlfriend came over, I was worse. I had a fever of about 101, and I had been having diarrhea. I was so sick, I could barely move. She brought her laptop over, and we viewed the pictures together. We got a lot of things on camera. We got a picture of a man by a fallen tree, a full body apparition of a woman floating, holding what looked to be flowers. Lots of other pictures were of faces, and white mists. After that ordeal, things got worse. About a month after that, we moved into an apartment together, and after only two months, we were in a car accident. A month after that, she lost her job for no reason, followed by me losing mine. No matter how many interviews we went on, we could not find a job! That whole year was bad luck. We got sick all the time with flu bugs, and had problems with our apartment. We lost our place after barely a year! We had to move in with my parents, and it was months before we found work again. I really believe the cemetery had something to with it, because before that, we were happy, and healthy. I will never go back there again. My friends want to, but I tell them they are nuts. There is something more to that place then people think. I never believed in curses, or anything like that, until that happened. Things have gotten a little better for us, but not perfect. It's been two years. I still have my voice recordings, and pictures, and I listen to the strange voices still. I show my pictures to people, and I have tried putting them on ghost sites, but they have never been displayed, like I hoped they would be. To all of you ghost hunters out there, I would highly recommend you never go there. That place is haunted, and a good find, but it's better to just leave those spirits in peace. They obviously don't want people there. Thank you for reading this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

DancingSheDevil (6 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
Hi, I would love to narrate this story on my channel may I have your permission I will add a link in the description crediting yourself as the author:)
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
mylene; the original poster has since removed her account so we don't need to worry about any of that.
MyleneAunzo (13 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
You guys should not enter there.
I would suggest you to not upload any photos / coverage/ recording into any sites.Let's end it that way.
LoneDruid (7 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-05)
The story was amazing and very scary too. But the writer of the story don't want to show proofs like = picture and videos. Thats the disappointment thing. If you don't wanted to reveal the pictures than you should'nt have mentioned that you clicked pictures and recorded voice. Story was trully excellent. 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-15)
Well, bilsden, this story is from 2006 and the author's account is no longer active. There's no point in calling bs on it. Have a nice day.
bilsden (1 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-15)
I'm calling bull shiat on this. I have been to this place at least a hundred times. I parked at the apartment complex a half mile down the street. Never was ticketed, never towed. The first few times walking down the gravel road behind the yellow chain, I had a uneasy feeling, but that went away with later visits. I thought this place was cool and I liked it there. I always went with a positive attitude and if there are ghosts there witch I never saw, then they where cool with me.

I can't stand guys like the OP that make shiat up to discredit real research. It's my opinion this clownshoe shouldbe shunned and somehow punished for his outrageous claims.
d2424 (5 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
liked the story I would love to see the pics and your voice recordings you got from that place it would be greatly appericated
natebonzu (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
hey if you could send me the picture or voice's it would be much appreciated. I have a friend that doing a paper on this place and more evidence would be better thanks.
My e-mail is nathan.cichocki [at] yahoo.com 😁 ❤
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-01)
Pictures please? If you have proof, it would be a good idea to present it. I would love to take your word for it, but a picture says a thousand words.
Aici (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
You should post links to your pictures and/or recordings. I would really like to see and hear them.
jpageheroicconvict (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
WOW! That's a pretty good story. I always wanted to go there since I live around the area but I have never gone and now that you told me your story it kind of made me think to never ever go there, not even once. But I would really love to see your pictures:D if you can, can you please send them to me? My email is jp.sixtos [at] yahoo.com
Chrsw72 (22 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Have you ever considered having a Catholic Priest do an exorcism on both of you? It sounds like you brought some dark entities home with you!
thecoolone (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-14)
hey can you send those pictures I live like 2 minutes away...aspnboarder [at] yahoo.com
LillyPieLindsay (35 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
Rather than respond to all the individual requests it sounds like you should be able to upload them here on the website if they really exist... Hope things get better for you both, maybe there's some type of cleansing you can do?
Danyellex3 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
plz email me the pics please! 😆 my email is Danyelle.waboose [at] yahoo.ca
hols55 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
oh creepy. I love to see the photos if I could, not the recording if you don't mind. My email is hmhollyjane [at] gmail,com
Bye! 😨 😊
Bluemist (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-07)
Hi Aiden, your experience is one hell of a mystery. I am very interested in seeing those pictures you took, and I hope you wouldn't mind sending them to my email? It's: sgabriela24 [at] ymail.com
Thanks! ❤
pricey95 (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Very interesting story. I hope things have improved for you:) would like to see those pictures and hear the recording, if you could send it to me at: laydeejinx95 [at] hotmail.com
missberry (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
hey I would like to see those photos. I have a photo of my own from arlington, though I think it might just be and odd angled photo. I would love to see them though. My email is onlymissberry [at] yahoo.com
OPHEILIA (1 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
HEY!AIDEN! LISTEN YOUR STORY -I MEAN REAL LIFE STORY IS REALLY REALLY SUPERB.
CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME THE PICTURES,RECORDINGS,ETC.
ALSO OTHER COMMENTORS CAN SEND ME PARANORMAL ARTICALS.
MY EMAIL ID IS:
Vampireisreal92 [at] yahoo.com
charlotter34 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
wow this is really interesting... I would realy like to look at these photos please?

Charlottegoesrawrr [at] hotmail.com

Thankies:D
Hitmann872 (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
Ok If anyone is still following this or wants to know if this story has any possibility of being fact or just that it happened after a trip like any other let me tell you. I grow up on the south side of Chicago and although Batchlers grove is one of the most haunted graveyards in the Usa this could not happen with this type of haunting. Its a localized haunt just to that area and all that has happened there. Nothing is going to attach to you now if you got sick there or felt unease, ok but a car accident or so called hex isn't going to happen. REGUARDLES of your religion or those type arguments I will not go there. Yes Batchlers grove is haunted yes there are bad things that go bump in the night there and yes some real bad things have happened there from vandalism to rape to satanic worshiping etc.

SO yes be careful keep an open mind and go visit during the day time hours and be careful and PLEASE don't disturb anything there and leave stuff alone and as is...

THANK YOU.
Ace45 (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
If anyone on this story was sent those pictures and recordings could you forward them to exloverslover [at] aim. Cee oh em
kanimozhi (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
hi I just wannna to see those picture. Could you please email me in this id kani.rosevalar [at] gmail.com.plz email me those pictures. I m waiting.
Codd2712 (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
What an awesoem story. Could you please email me the pictures jenny.codd2712 [at] rocketmail.com

😁
dancingqueentt (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
A friend and myself just visited Bachelor's Grove on Friday October 15th and we also returned on the 16th. This is my first time on this site so bare with me. How and where do I post pictures of possible ghost/spirits that we captured at Bachelor's Grove? I caught a picture of a man on a tombstone, he is facing sideways and is wearing a hat. Also on my voice recorder while we were all around the tombstone where that lady in white appears on my voice recorder you hear a scream that echoed like through the tombstone we had our equipment on. My friend said she has some material and possible evidence that she wants me to hear as well. Can you tell me how I can post the picture of what I captured here? I do have it on Facebook.
Thanks
shadowphil13 (22 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
In my opinion, a graveyard is a ghost hunting session zone where I can send these ghost back to where they belong. I always want to go to Bachelors Grove Cemetary; there are lots of ghost there that needs to move on.
flamingschizoid (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
this is he scariest story I've every read on this site. Too bad it might not be true. That said, hurry up and post the pictures!
TheDoors (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
My best friend went to bachelors grove about 2 years ago and said he experienced some weird occurrences such as seeing weird shadows, his brother went with him and upon returning from bachelors grove he got really sick. He was in and out of the hospital with severe sickness but the doctors had no idea what it was, so I was surprised to see that this has happened before, I guess the place brings bad luck to people.
taylor420 (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
my dad and his friends went to a grave yard about a few months ago. His friend timmy wanted to take a pic of my dad by a gravestone so my dad told him to do it and so he did. But when the pic developed, you could see a human shaped fog right by him. No one was smoking, it wasn't foggy outside, and they were miles away from houses. He can't explain what happened that night but he says it still haunts him even today.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: