You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Group Home Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Group Home Ghost

 

I've worked for many years in many capacities for the State of Kentucky, working with juvenile offenders. This story has to do with a time that I was working at a group home for juvenile offenders.

Around October of 2005, I was working as a counselor in a state group home. The building that housed the group home was a former TB Hospital. Actually, it was the building where the nurses and doctors stayed while they where working at the hospital. When I first started working at the group home years before, I was told the building was haunted. I figured that it was just everyone messing with the new guy. I quickly figured out that the building was haunted, as I had several experiences in the building from my first night working third shift on.

The particular incident that I am writing about here is one that still causes chills to run up my spine. It was probably around 7pm or 8pm one night during the week. All of the youth that were at our group home were out with staff working on some leaf raking jobs that the youth used to make money while they were there. I was the only person in the building. The building had two main floors and a basement and my office was on the top floor.

With it being so late, I decided to go home for the evening since no one was there to need my assistance. I locked up my office and headed down the stairs towards the main landing. As I reached the main floor landing, I noticed my shadow on the wall continue on down to the basement. I thought that this looked pretty cool, my shadow looked like it was going down to the basement. I stepped back up the steps to try to make my shadow do this again. This is when I realized that I didn't have a shadow on the wall. The hair stood up on the back of my neck and I got chills all over. I hit the door running and down the fire escape to my car.

The following day, it was all I could do to force myself to go to work. It was a long time before I was able to stay in the building by myself again. I still wonder if the people using the building now ever have any experiences.

Other hauntings by JJP

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JJP, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-02)
JJP
I had a good chuckle over this. Maybe you startled IT? I've often wondered what we look like to shadow people. Surely not all are malevolent or evil as some stories here suggest.
Regards
Red
C2C (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-01)
That would have scared me enough I don't know if I EVER would have stayed alone in the building. Don't blame you for being reluctant to go back to work there. It seems like the ghost was having fun with you though, playing a practical joke. Bet he got a good laugh.
piyuprmr (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-01)
nice story actually it was creepy
I hope you will share more of your incidents
permramaan (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-01)
Hey, I would say, go ahead and check who (or what) is in the basement. Set-up cams so that you can monitor what's happening. But before doing all this, make a brief go through with the history of the building so that you can be ready for what you are going to face. All the Best! 😊
Ghostgeek (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-01)
Great story. I have to admit I laughed a little too at this story. Only because I could see myself doing the exact same thing had I been in your shoes.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
Geeze, that is funny and totally creepy at the same time!
Thanks for sharing it!
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
Seriously? OMG! I can't imagine what I would have done if I was in your shoes. Seeing someone else's shadow without seeing the actual person can be extremely creepy! I wonder how you continued your work there knowing you could encounter something else.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
JJP - I have to admit I laughed a little when reading the part about the shadow. It's like "hey cool!" and "oh crap!" all at the same time 😆

Thanks for sharing this with us. I enjoyed it 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: