You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shape Of A Person

Real Ghost Stories

The Shape Of A Person

 

I was 14 years old at the time of the story living in a flat in England with my parents. We had only been living in this flat for 2 years. I was watching the TV with my parents one night when I heard something whisper my name like it was sat next to me on the two seat sofa I was sat on, only when I looked there was nothing there. I looked around the room and my mother seen that I was looking and asked me what was wrong. I said I thought I heard something and she said it was probably the TV. I knew it was not though I did not tell her exactly what I heard.

So anyway 3 months later I am getting my stuff ready for school. It was really sunny outside, like you could see the rays of light shining through the window in my room. I was in my bedroom and I had my bedroom door wide open. I quickly looked towards my doorway and seen that the shape of a person was "stood" there. I could only see the top half, the bottom half was not visible. I did not fully take in what I had seen at first I looked away and then I realized that there was something there so I looked back at it. I wiped my face with my hand just to make sure there was not something in my eye that may of been causing me to see this and there was nothing in my eye, this thing was still there. I just stood there and looked at it and after a few minutes it turned to the right and went off down the hallway, though I did not follow it.

I do not know what this thing was but I could not see any facial features, literally just the shape of the head and shoulders much like a human. I have no idea what it was that in my doorway that day. I believe I only seen it because of the rays of sunlight shining into my room. Maybe this creature was what whispered my name that night when I was watching TV I do not know. I did not feel threatened by this creature. It was a bit scary at first though, just because I had never seen anything like it. I did not try to communicate with the creature. I am not sure it tried to communicate with me.

I am 21 now, still living in the flat and I have not heard or seen anything unusual since then. I have not told anybody about this before. I am the sort of person that will believe in something when I see it with my own eyes.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gulonzo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Agua (4 stories) (61 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-02)
Gulonzo,

If you've had nothing further happen over the last 6-7 years, I wouldn't worry about it. I've been advised by someone who should be an expert concerning these matters, if such a thing can exist, that it is not uncommon for these sorts of things to just happen - "transitory" was the word the fellow used.

Go enjoy your life and thanks for the account - I always find reading others' stories are scarier than actually experiencing them myself (with the exception of one event).

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: