You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Man In My Doorway

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Man In My Doorway

 

In 1990 I moved into a house with my parents in Middleton WI, a smaller town right outside of Madison. The story I'm about to share is a phenomenon that started from the time I started living there until the time I moved out when I was 19 years old.

I was 9 years old the first time I saw the man standing in my bedroom doorway. I woke up at 3:30 am and could see the silhouette of a man standing in my door. He didn't have a face. But it was like I could feel him staring right at me. It terrified me. I put the blanket over my head and trembled with fear.

This happened on and off throughout the years, growing up in that house. It seemed to happen a lot more when as I got older. It always happened around the same time. Anywhere between 3am to 4am. This wasn't the only activity in that house. This was just the one thing that's really stuck with me over the years.

Footsteps were often heard throughout the house. When I was home alone I would hear conversations going on in different rooms. As soon as you would go to where it was coming from it stopped.

Objects would go missing. Most specifically my car keys. I'd set them down on the kitchen counter, walk away and get something I needed. I would come back and my keys would be gone. I'd search around spending 10 to 20 minutes looking for them, only to come back to the kitchen where I set them down. I thought I was losing my mind.

I'm 34 years old now. I've seen and had to deal with a lot of paranormal activity. I've only told this story to my close friends and my wife. My parents are divorced now and the house was sold. I've often thought about going back there to talk to the people that live there now. To see of they have had any experiences. But if there's one thing I've learned, it's not to go looking for the paranormal because sometimes it looks back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CrazedNdeSolate, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-06)
Hi CrazedNdeSolate, first of all, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience. As far as seeing the silhouette of a man standing by your door is concerned, I feel that it must be residual. Because you said that you have seen on numerous occasions the silhouette of a man at the same time and hence this conclusion.

Well, with regard to missing keys of the car, it might be that something was trying to get your attention. But difficult to say further because you have moved out a long time ago and we do not know if it continues and that the house has been sold.

I look forward to know about your other paranormal experiences.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
NinjaPirateAssasin (9 stories) (16 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-03)
That's an interesting experience, thank you for sharing! It was very well-written; I'm looking forward to any future stories you may post!

I have also had a shadow man at my doorway once, although this only happened once. (I have no intention in hijacking your post, but if you're interested, http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22910 as seeing members with similar stories often makes me feel better.) My house also has footsteps!

I have the exact same questions as Antu!
Antu (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-30)
Heya CnD, thanks for sharing your story! I have a couple of questions to clarify though. First, did you only see the dark silhouette of the man in your parent's house or have you seen it since? Secondly you mention you've had numerous experiences, did they all occur in your parent's house or do you continue to experience things? Lastly, did anyone else in your family experience the same things in this house?

I ask, because if all of your experiences were centered around the one house, there is a higher likelihood that specific house is haunted; however if you continue to experience the paranormal to this day, then more likely you are sensitive to the paranormal.

Either way, probably pretty safe to say your are not 'Crazed'! 😁

Cheers~~Antu

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: