You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Hotel Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

Hotel Shadow Man

 

About 5 years ago, I had to travel interstate for work related training. I had arrived at the hotel late and checked into my room. Anyway, I had a shower and watched a bit of television in bed before trying to get some sleep as I knew I had to be up early the next morning.

It was a large room, with two queen sized beds. The beds had lights built in to the actual headboards. Anyway, as I was in a strange new place I thought I would leave the headboard lights on, and also the bedside lamp just in case I needed to get up during the night. I spent the night tossing and turning, until I must have briefly fallen asleep sometime in the early hours of the morning.

I was facing the left hand side of the bed lying on my side when I woke up and felt a presence behind me. I turned around to see what I can only describe as a small shadow man lying on his side facing me. I don't understand why, but for some reason was not at all freaked out by this, and actually just rolled back over and went to sleep with my back facing him.

As soon as my alarm clock went off maybe an hour later, that was the first thing I remembered and couldn't believe that I had been ok with the experience! I can only say that I never felt threatened and knew he (I just felt it was a he, there were no physically distinguishing characteristics to identify it as a male) was just there watching me and meant no harm. Bearing in mind there were lights on in the room at the time, and I remember the fact that he was smaller than an adult male. The only person I ever told of this experience was my husband, but it's an experience that I will never forget.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Littlebutterfly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Helena123 (25 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-31)
I really enjoyed your story Littlebutterfly and I can relate a little as when I once saw a tall Shadowman, I was not scared either and felt it was actually being playful with me for whatever reason and I actually starting laughing at it! It was playing like a peek-a-boo game behind a door but like you, I felt no threat oddly. I liked SDS' suggestion of asking staff - maybe you could one day just call the hotel anonymously and ask if they have ever heard of anything as you once stayed there, as I know it can be quite awkward to ask face to face! Thank you for sharing and take care, Helena 😊
Littlebutterfly (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-31)
Hi SDS,
I know, I also thought it strange that I was not scared at the time. I didn't sense any malice, just like it wanted to watch me. I also am positive that I wasn't dreaming. The only thing that made me turn around in the first place was the feeling that someone was there. As far as speaking to the staff, you're right it would be interesting to see if there is any history, but it definitely wasn't something I thought about asking at the time, probably more to do with fear of being looked at as strange I guess as not everyone believes in the paranormal. 😕
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Hello Littlebutterfly, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience. Quite strange that you did not get scared because of your experience. Just out of curiosity and nothing to demean your encounter or offend you, are you sure that it was not a dream?

Now that you have told that you did not disclose your experience except to your husband, I take it that you did not investigate the matter either. I feel, perhaps had you asked the hotel people, especially about the room, you might have got some insight about this shadow man.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: