You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Seeing A Demon During Sleep Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing A Demon During Sleep Paralysis

 

I've started having this terrifying series of sleep paralysis. As I am typing this, I've experienced this 4 times over the course of two and a half weeks, all of which that apparently a demon is wanting to torment me. The first time this happened, I awoke from my nap and suddenly felt a chill engulfing my body, as if a ghost was invading my body. I became unable to move my limbs or speak. From the right corner of my eye, I saw a black figure right next in bed with me as I watched its arms extend and wrapped it under my armpit. I started hearing ghostly whispers and it telling me "You cannot escape", then the paralysis ended. I'm almost certain that I was awake and this was real.

The next 3 experiences also started with a shivering chill, as I would think "not this again -.-"

My second sleep paralysis that occurred two days later while was definitely a dream. I dreamed that I was in my bathroom looking at the mirror when I noticed my eyeballs shrunk significantly. Not surprisingly, I was once again unable to move or speak then I was levitated a foot or two into the air into the bathtub and this force was effortlessly moving me left, right, up and down like a rag doll. I began praying to Buddha for help in my mind and by mouthing out the words when suddenly this pitch black face with only eyes and a mouth appeared in front me, telling me very clearly and angrily to shut up. I proceeded to wake up in bed immediately after that.

My third experience - I honestly can't remember the details.

My latest sleep paralysis was pretty similar to my first one, only except of that black figure beside me, it was instead that damn noseless face grinning at me. I'm just going to call it a demon.

The demon reminded me of Jeff the killer from Creepypasta and The Annoying Orange. The only differences being the black face instead of the white and orange. Http://imgur.com/a/YlQ0c Don't open if you're scared of seeing Jeff, because I know for me seeing him creeps me the hell out.

I have a feeling that I'll continued to be haunted by this, so I'm kind if afraid to sleep from now on. Just wanted to share this and get some of your thoughts. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jay011, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-18)
Hi Jay

I am also another person who has had sleep paralysis since I was quite young and I totally understand how terrifying and realistic it may seem. For years I was convinced that it was paranormal and I used to be scared to go to sleep. I did some research and was comforted to know that it is very common and that you can actually control it to a degree.

Generally there are common triggers which for me are always stress, being overheated, sleeping on my back or having a different sleep routine. Try and identify those common triggers as that may help. As your mind is 'awake' at the time try and think 'ok this is just sleep paralysis, I have this under control and I will wake up'. I know it is much easier said than done particularly when you are faced with these terrifying images but I think knowing what you are dealing with is the key to control it. Good luck and I wish you some restful night of sleep 😊
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
Greetings Jay and welcome to YGS
I understand what you mean. I suffer from sleep paralysis often and I can tell you the first time it happened I was scared to death. I was convinced I was starting to die. I also sensed and saw shadow people moving around the room and getting closer to me. Unless you have had an episode of it, it really is hard to express how real everything seems.
I even sense that I am laying flat on my back when in fact, I come out of it and am on my right side. I have now had about 20 episodes of it and it no longer scares me. Its more of an aggravation having to wait until it wears off before I can cuss out loud. I can tell you this, the more you fight it the more the grip seems to tighten. If you can, close your eyes and try and relax and breathe deep. Don't try and get up. Start by trying to only move a toe or finger. Do it all slowly.
That is the key. Slowly and calmly. Also be aware its not lasting as long at it seems. On another note. I have read often that our dreams tend to follow some of our last thoughts before falling off to sleep.
With that in mind, when you lay down for bed try and calm your mind with pleasant thoughts. Things that make you happy.
I hope you can take some of the advice here and if it happens again you will not have such trauma and be better prepared for getting through it. Best of luck
Randy
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
Welcome to YGS Jay

First if this has been going on for the past couple of weeks it is possible that it is stress induced. Ex: is your supervisor or boss giving you extra work to do? So much so that you are ready to blow a gasket?
Go get a check up to make sure you're blood pressure is not too high.
Regards
Red
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
Hello, Jay

I've had episodes of sleep paralysis often.
Some people would see something like shadows in their episodes.
And while I was experiencing it, there was nothing. I was like, "There's no shadows? Or someone standing at the foot of my bed? Why other people sees shadows or entities while I don't?"
Of course, it would be scary at first. Who doesn't? Come on you can't move a single inch of your body! I've tried praying to break free. It didn't help. Maybe because there was no paranormal involved.
What you believe is what you will see. You're thinking about demons? You think about 'Jeff the Killer' at times? Does it disturb you so you can't get it off your mind? You're scared they're going to show up?
Your brain will say, "If you like it that way, fine, they will appear in your dream or in your sleep paralysis. Just wait."
Our mind is powerful. Your imaginations could play against you. Stop reading in sites like Creepypasta if you can't take it.
I am no expert but I've had sleep paralysis often.
The best way to break free (works for me) is to surrender to your paralysis, close your eyes, relax, breathe slowly, then wiggle your toes.
And the other way is, (I don't know how to explain this but) act like you smelled something gross (Do it more than 3x).
Try listening to some upbeat music. In a speaker. But not too loud or the cops will sing along. 😁
It would ease off your negative feelings. As a singer, everytime I'm scared, I use my voice to take away my negative feelings. I sing my heart out. 😊
If you don't mind my asking, what's your sleeping position?
Don't EVER sleep in prone position. I even had sleep paralysis even when I was sleeping in side position.
And please, please, every time you are sleepy, just sleep. Don't fight it. It could cause sleep paralysis.
And when you're tired from work or school, don't sleep right away.
Again, I am no expert, just had many experience in sleep paralysis.
Sorry about my long reply! Just want to tell you that there is nothing to be afraid of.

Hope that helps.

Take care,
MHANNE ❤
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
Greetings, Jay.
That image of the 'Jeff the Killer' character looks like a horrifying Marilyn Manson/potato hybrid.

Have you investigated the possibility that you may be having particularly vivid nightmares? Four times in 18 days seems rather scattered for demonic oppression or possession, whereas it may coincide with stressful events in your routine. I'm not being rude, nor am I dismissing your claims, but we really need to eliminate external factors (such as stress and medication, as lady-glow indicated) before jumping to the conclusion that your situation is the result of demonic activity. Do the events coincide with any particular days of the week, onerous duties, or points in your social or work schedules? If so, the factor in question may be triggering a stress-nightmare response in your subconscious. If you are avoiding dealing with the situation, or are putting it off until the last possible minute, then you may find some relief in tackling the problem in smaller steps over a 2- or 3-day period.

Meanwhile, for your own peace of mind, please stop watching/reading any entertainment involving fruits and vegetables with superimposed human facial features. I have no idea if they are supposed to be humorous, upsetting, terrifying, or merely annoying (as the name of the citrus indicates), but the commonality of the missing-nose imagery has a negative effect upon you*.

Best of luck,
Biblio.

*Clarification: I have similar issues if I see video of arachnids, centipedes, millipedes, octopi, cuttlefish, or squid right before I sleep; something about their having 8 or more legs/appendages just disturbs the hell out of me.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-14)
Jay011: that's creepy!

Are you under a stressful situation? Are you taking any medications that could produce hallucinations like a side effect? Do you remember watching or reading any horror show/book around the time of your experiences? Do you remember what you ate those days and if you went to sleep shortly afterwards?

The first thing to do is discard any possible natural causes that could be a trigger to this disorder. If the problem continues it would be a good idea to go to the doctor.

In the meanwhile you can try praying before going to sleep and research for any helpful rituals to solve this problem according to your faith and religion.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-14)
Hello Jay011, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your sleep paralysis experience. I don't think you are tormented by any demon and nothing is trying to invade your body or trying to take command over you. Be rest assured. Secondly, be bold. That is very important as far as paranormal is concerned. I don't want to sound dogmatic but still it is very important. Nothing in this world or the other can dominate you or enter your body if you are so strong and have that will power. Secondly, what you experienced is that it is sleep paralysis and for that my suggestion would be why don't you change the place of your sleep or your position. Change the location of your cot. Many things happen during sleep paralysis and we always feel that it is paranormal and in 99% of the cases it is not. So don't be scared.

Secondly, have you been having sleep disorders lately? Do you have any medical condition and do you hallucinate? If you do, better to contact a physician. But, still from your narrative, I feel that it is sleep paralysis and that you have been having some bad dreams, that is all.

Feel free to ask questions in the site. There are experts, who would definitely guide you in this regard.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: