You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My House Lorain, Ohio

Real Ghost Stories

My House Lorain, Ohio

 

I thought I'd stop working on the story I was working on and start this one and I can add things as they happen, seeing as things happen when I'm working on my book.

As I'm sitting here working on a story, I hear a piece of silverware fall in my kitchen. My husband is upstairs playing the game so I yell for my dog Jojo. He jumps up and I feel him at my feet under the table. My son isn't home, he's at his girlfriend's in Medina. A lot of stuff has been happening lately.

Earlier today I went upstairs to use the bathroom and when I came out the office door, or 3rd bedroom, was opened and my bedroom light was on which I know I turned it and the TV off when I woke up and went downstairs just an hour earlier for my coffee. I keep the doors closed so Jojo doesn't go in and pee on anything, which he pretty much stays right with us so I yelled downstairs to my husband and asked if he was just up here? He said no! And I told him, "Well, the door is open." He said maybe there was a breeze. No, the door would have to open the opposite way for that to happen.

Then yesterday, I was again working on my stories and the closet door in my dining room, which is where I'm sitting at my table (the closet is right across from me) opens. My husband comes out of the kitchen and sees it and since it's blocking his path he says, "Are you done in here?" and closes the door and sits on the couch. And it then opens again. He then gets up and shuts it again and checks to make sure nothing in pressing from inside. He jiggles the handle and makes sure it shuts, pulls on it to make sure it's latched and went upstairs. I know it's not a loose floorboard cause there's no basement. It used to be government built housing when they were first built 75 years ago, the floor under the carpet is cement.

About an hour later, I like to multi-task, as I'm working on my stories I'm also making candles. (I like to be in a good mood when making candles because, I believe, that you can pass your negative or positive vibe into the candle. Plus, I had a Wiccan friend who told me that and what each color means but that's another story). Myself, I just like making candles this way my house can smell good without me burning the candles and I can sell them.

But again, as I'm rambling, my dog is looking up the stairs growling and something is making a popping noise in the kitchen closet. But I'm passing that off as the furnace cooling down, seeing that the heat just got to temp and shut off. It's very cold here in the dining room all the time so I even have my little electric fireplace turned on.

Jojo is now sitting on the floor right next to me on my right side and it seems like he is watching something to our right. He's in the middle as if to shield me from it (as if he's a big dog lol). Mind you, he's a 3 year old full breed Shih Tzu about 18 lbs soaking wet, not a mean bone in his body, only growls when you mention bath.

Anyways, 3 days ago me and my husband was sleeping and my husband, Charlie, woke up at about 2:45am on Christmas to the kitchen cupboards downstairs slamming. He got up and checked the house out, everything was locked up. Jojo was sleeping with us. He jumped up and growled but, would not follow Charlie down the stairs. Sometimes he will lay at the bottom of the stairs and not come up where we are it.

Seems like when I work on my stories it stirs up activity. I even see things out the corner of my eyes moving. So far there just noises and seen a couple shadows on the wall which I have blinds and black out curtains so its not headlights.

It doesn't scare me. Well, makes me a little nervous but only because it's the unknown. But, at the same time it's what intrigues me. Not scared or else I'd be upstairs with my husband lol. I'd like to think it's my dad.

Other hauntings by monica74

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, monica74, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-26)
Excellent story Monica...
I just loved the way you express every detail

I agree with that and have myself experienced that whenever we write or read paranormal stuff, we experience it more than rest of time.

I think its because of-whenever we read or write paranormal, our mind start concentrating on it more which accelerate the power of our sensory organs to focus more on such stuff

I would like to know if anyone has experienced it
monica74 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-25)
to sds: thank you very much and I don't feel that its negative either
To redwolf: lol it sounds like you have a prankster as well
To mack: I'm actually a caregiver for alzimers and dementia patients at an assited living home but yes I would consider myself a writer as a hobby before internet I would fill notebooks with just jibber jabber and I agree completely with you thank you and around Christmas activity did kick up more
To calamity: my book is called true ghost stories and it is about my family and their experiences its kind of something I just do for fun I have been working on it since I was 30 I'm 41 now and have lots of pages all my family has had some kind of experience my husband grew up and almost every house he lived in was haunted his mom is a sensitive my mom is a sensitive and I guess I would consider myself one as well my husband is encouraging me to have it made into a book and make copies for the family
To Tweed: I agree completely with you.
To Alandhopewell: I have read your post along with everyone that has posted on mine and I love your stories
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-23)
Hello monica74, thanks for sharing. I feel that something is trying to catch your attention. Why don't you just speak to it, in a respectful manner, acknowledge its presence and say that you do not like to be startled and also that ask it to respect your privacy. Not only yours but also that of the family and the dog. But whatever you narrated did not give an impression that there is any negative energy or entity around. And yes, please do have a journal of activities. It would help.

If you need any further help or if some negative experience happens, please do keep us informed. We could help.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-19)
monica
I have weird house too. My father in-law is usually the culprit. I have 2 tablets and it is very easy for his ghostly self to mess with them. I tried to write a story all week on my new tablet and it kept going wonky because it just takes a light touch to do so I know who the culprit was. So I went to my old tablet and it would do a couple of weird things but when I was almost finished the story disappeared so I told my father in-law it wasn't funny. My mother in-law was hospitalized yesterday so his activity rises when my stress levels go up. He was always a joker when he was alive and still is over 20 years after his death. He doesn't open and close doors though because I have 4 dogs and he doesn't want to scare them. But he does sometimes does things that makes them bark inside or outside.
Regards
Red
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-19)
Mack, BRAVO! Could not agree more!

Monica, just to add to what Mack said, it's likely all this stuff in your home happens anyway (regardless of the time or activities taking place) but you're more open to them when you're in your zone.

Also some of the ghosties round mine make more noise when I have headphones on. Guess they figure I won't hear them. Could be something similar happening when you're writing. Like 'Cool, she's occupied, let's check out the Wedgewood!'

But yeah, being in a creative zone definitely makes us more observant. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Calamity (2 stories) (53 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-18)
It's interesting to note the different types of experiences you're having. Almost as if something/someone is trying to get your attention.

I'm curious as to what your book is about? Is it about your family? If so, a case could be made that perhaps it is your father letting you know he's here.

You might want to keep a journal about the things that are happening. Keep track of the time of day and what you and your husband and son are doing. If you are writing at the time make note of what you're working on. It could be interesting and might give you some answers.

Jane
alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-18)
MONICA- I grew up in Lorain, and most of my posts took place there.

Great story.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-18)
Hi Monica74.

Reading your experiences, what sprung into my mind was this: I believe that humans are very unoriginal creatures (this opinion may ignite some debate no doubt) as in we are essentially receiving and transmitting stations.

To clarify, all (or a large percentage of) the inspiration we receive, be it music, art, writing, helping that old lady across the street, to a certain degree come from spirit.

In my opinion, (thanks Miracles๐Ÿ˜‰) we are instruments; spirit expressing through matter, and the spirit inside us is an infinite storehouse of divinity, if you will.

So to get to my point; you are a writer? So you would be mediumistic to a degree, that is you receive inspiration for your work? I personally have done a fair bit of art and am a working musician (drums if that counts as a musician!) so I understand inspiration and the state we have to get into to tune into and receive "the good stuff".

In fact when I'm drawing, it takes me a couple of quiet, uninterrupted hours to get into "the space" whereby I can actually watch my right hand scribbling, shading, colouring away as if it's controlled by someone else. It's weird, but cool! ๐Ÿ˜Š

But to get to my point (I know Christmas will be here soon!) I wonder are these experiences you had due to either you opening up your psychic channels, releasing psychic energy or the effect of spiritual guidance / presence to assist with your writing?

Just throwing it out there as it's an interesting aspect to where our creativity comes from.

Sorry If I've taken your recount off on a bit of a tangent.

Regards

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: