You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Crybaby Bridge in Salem Ohio

Real Ghost Stories

Crybaby Bridge in Salem Ohio

 

This is the story of Crybaby Bridge. There is a story of a mother who lost her baby while the mother and father were fighting, the baby was found at the bottom of the driveway where a bridge was, as the mother was running to save her baby, the baby fell over the bridge, to this day you can hear the scream of the baby and it's mother coming to save it. Whether or not it's true I didn't know, but I do now. My wife and I went there on 10-05-07 and took about 150 pictures and got nothing but orbs and got to hear some pretty spooky sounds.

Crybaby Bridge We went back the next day mid afternoon and took about 20 pictures and only came up with some beautiful scenery pictures... BUT... we went back that night... And WOW... what an Eerie night. I took about 142 pictures and came up with some orbs in about 4 of them but this one in particular was just creepy. It was about 9:00 pm and around 68 degrees. After getting creeped out after hearing a weird moaning sound (could have been a dog or wild animal and my mind was playing tricks on me) I got back into the car and told my wife to get me out of there. Just as we was about to back out I reached out the window and took one last picture and when I looked at it I saw this apparition and just knew there had to be some truth to the story behind Crybaby Bridge in Salem Ohio

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ohio_Ghost_Hunter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Thevictim1776 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-06)
I actually went there with my dad and he took a picture of me and then I looked at the picture 2 yards behind me was a young woman! It scared the crap out of me so I told my dad to get me out of there and I never went back!
lp2298 (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
It looks like smoke except to large to be from a cigarette and to small and concentrated to be from something else. I like the fact that there aren't sharp lines and the clarity between the background and apparition doesn't vary.
kelseyoakes (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
do you or you're wife smoke? Seems this "apparition" is too close to the camera to be an "aparition"
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
very cool. Love it! You need to take more and post them as well
GIRLIE ❤
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-13)
I do believe in ghosts but for this, the word 'smoke' does pop into my mind. But if its not smoke then I'm truly amazed.
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Animals can make some pretty amazing sounds, especally if they are being hurt or hunted. Baby rabbits sound exactly like screaming babies when scared or in danger.

Orbs mean nothing, not only can it be dust, or bugs, but even if they are actually orbs, then they are nothing more then free floating energy.

The picture could be a lot of things, the last thing I am willing to admit is that it is a spirit caught on film.
darkgeminij (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
what brandy says is true. I also am from salem. An eldery woman named Ardes Bauman was murdered and dumped here close to halloween. During the investigation the death was ruled as suspicious. Nobody said anything about spontaneous combustion though lol. That's just silly! The date the found the body was like 10/26/2010 or somewhere around in there. Just for anybody who doesn't believe it and would like to look it up;)
brandie12345 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
also odd, is that I read this yesterday. Today, it was reported in our news that an elderly lady was found charred there about 3 days ago. Burned to death. With no cause what so ever. They called it "spontanious combustion"...of a person. Really? And people don't believe in this? K. THE SHITS REAL IVE BEEN THERE. And since this happened, the police aren't letting anyone near the bridge, so don't try to go back.
brandie12345 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
here's the thing. I'm from salem and I grew up on egypt road. Lol, the picture you took is nowhere near the bridge. Very nice.
Jamey1976 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
Yes, they're common urban legends, but you have to consider a couple things.
Some of these old tunnels are very antiquated and unsafe for modern traffic, and many cause fatal accidents. Two, they have appeal to occultists, whose activities open doors to the spirit world.
Jamey1976 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
We have a crybaby tunnel in Chillicothe Ohio. I've recorded human voices from there that were not heared in real time * (evps) *

What do you all know of this place?
RyuGoldDragon (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Oh, yeah, one more thing I forgot to add. The picture displayed with this story is obviously fake. How could anyone find it convincing, even slightly? Good story, bad picture.
RyuGoldDragon (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
I live in Ohio and have visited "Crybaby Bridge" in Salem. I know of the stories. Many people discredit them because of all the ridiculous things people say. I do know one thing: this place is haunted. I have heard audio recordings taken on the bridge, and they are very frightening. I have heard the baby crying myself. I have even seen a photo that a buddy of mine took that is definitive proof something is haunting that area. It's worth a look.
Alivia_Valliance (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
Your story is interesting, but the picture is coincadential. Just a brilliant smoke/fog particle capture. I wouldn't think much of the picture...
Thank you for sharing.
Melancholy43920 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
I was born and raised in Salem, OH so I am very familiar with the legends of Crybaby Bridge, and many others about Egypt Road in general. I have had a few unexplained experiences there myself, and I do paranormal investigations as a hobby now so I can confidently tell you that this picture is a fake. It's only cigarette smoke. I have seen mist come up from the river, gather on the bridge, take the form of a human shape, and move toward me, but it looked nothing like this picture. I do believe at least some of the stories about this area may be true, put publishing fake pictures does nothing to help the ghost hunting community.
minx69 (6 stories) (26 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
I believe this was the same place my aunt went to, she did hear a crying baby, or something but she dosnt talk about it.
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
Don't mean to burst your bubble, so to speak, but it does look to be cigarette smoke. (I'm a smoker, and when I'm smoking a cigarette while taking pics, I see the same thing you have in your pic) 😁
GraveChild (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
im not saying your wrong in what you saw but in that picture all I see is cigaret smoke and a poll
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
Its also hard to catch a ghost on picture. Because you have to be a the right place at the right time. I have 42 stories on the psychic experience website so I'm hoping to be a ghost hunter in the future. As soon as I turn 18 I want to go haunted places.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
That story is so awful! I couldn't go through what that lady went through. I bet they both were really upset. If people say you can hear them and it repeats. Its because that baby and parents can't get over it and they can't move on. They need help and someone to talk too so they can get over this horrible thing which happened. They need to know it was all a accident and they can't go back to what happened they can't change the past.
Moonchild (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-18)
Sorry to be a killjoy here, but this is very obviously a photograph showing cigarette smoke.
Kalessehuine (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
I think it looks like a squid. Weird, I know, but that's what I see in the ectoplasm-like stuff. It is very creepy looking.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
Hi OGH. What I find most interesting is the people who seem to set out to debunk these urban legends and come back believers. That never ceases to amaze me. I like that when you were describing things you put in there that it could have been your mind playing with you. That would show that you are open to all possibilities, even in light of this proof of a photograph.

I am curious, Shane, how did you debunk the one in your town?

Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-15)
I to have heard the urban legends and many towns have one or some version of one. This photo there apparently captured something. May have been a simple trick of fate to be there just at this time, but it is a nice photo.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-14)
You are right OGH, just about every town has one. I debunked the one in my town, but people still believe what they want and tell the stories to frighten others. Thanks for the story and the picture. Look forward to reading more from you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
scarlettwitch (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-14)
I think it's very interesting that you're going to start a ghost hunting club, I live in pittsburgh not far from you I'd like to join! I'd also like to see pictures of the orbs that you took, one is just never enough my friend.
Ohio_Ghost_Hunter (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-14)
Yea I know its a Urban Legend... I was just telling the story for those who never heard of it(I'm sure everyone has though because it seems like there is a Crybaby Bridge in every county of every state). But I have never really believed in the paranormal... I thought all the pics I seen were altered or whatever... But after taking this pic...I'm a full believer... And now I'm am in the Process of purchasing "Ghost Hunting" tools and starting up a Ghost Hunting Club
davidparker (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-14)
I'm with Bellissima, I would like to visit Crybaby Bridge. Is it named that because of the legend? At first I thought the pic could have been smoke or something but when I took a closer look I saw that there was a circle in the smoke that made it look unnatural. I also now think that it was an apparition. 😉
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-13)
Ohio Ghost Hunter, this is such an urban legend! I am surprised at your pics! They are fabulous! I think something must have happened there for these photos to have happened. You have seen something truly supernatural! I think it would be great to visit there!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: