You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Partial Apartment Answers, And Move To Ohio

Real Ghost Stories

Partial Apartment Answers, And Move To Ohio

 

It's been a few years since I posted on this site. I moved out of my apartment last April, moving from Texas to Ohio. If you read the entry about my apartment, you'll remember that there was a mystery about me hearing my patio door glass shattering, and the apartment office not telling me about the history of the unit.

Well, a few days before I moved, one of my neighbours told me that ten years before I moved in there was a break-in. The person smashed the patio door glass, and the tenant was shot. He lived and is still alive today, though long moved out of the area, but apparently the event was traumatic enough to leave an impression. Someone commenting on the apartment entry said that's a possibility, and now that I know what happened, I think so as well.

That doesn't explain the rest of my experiences there, however. The face, the tall guy in the trench coat, the knock on the door, the bedroom door slamming scaring my friends. The maintenance worker I asked said no one had ever died in my building, and he'd been working there since the complex was built in 1996, so he'd know. Someone died two buildings away from mine in 2002, but that's the closest he could remember to mine. The complex had 17 buildings and the office in a separate building.

Anyway, where I live here in Ohio, I have two roommates, and there are four rooms in this house. The biggest room in the house is empty, and to be honest all three of us get the creeps just being in it. We can't rent it out because no one who walks in there agrees to stay. I don't know if it's haunted or if the size is just intimidating, but thought I'd throw it out there with this update and see if anyone had any ideas.

There are times when I walk through the front door I heard someone knocking on the wall. I've checked and there's nothing in the room that would hit the wall. In fact, the room is completely empty. Other than the knocking and uneasy feeling, there's nothing to report about the room. Kind of disappointed there's not more activity there, like apparitions or voices, but at the same time at least it's quiet.

Other hauntings by Baikeru

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Baikeru, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-26)
LOL! That is hilarious, and a perfect example of why I try to tell people to consider the mundane first. 😆
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-26)
lol I actually have a funny story. All throughout winter, I kept hearing a growl from the back of the house several times a day. It really freaked me out. Mid-January, it happens when I'm next to my roommate. I said, "Please tell me you hear that!". He said, "What? The heater kicking on?" I'd never lived in a house that uses gas heating before.:D
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
Baikeru - thank you for the update. I'm glad things are better now 😊
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
Actually, I have an update this story, but I don't want to appear to be creating a narrative, so I've been putting it off. But basically, a couple weeks after posting this, we found out that the previous owner died in that room. I asked my pastor to come pray in the room, and ever since then all sounds have stopped, the feeling of unease has lifted, and I don't know if I mentioned it in the story, but even though the heater was on and the rest of the house was warm, and the vent in that room was blowing warm air, the room used to be ice cold at all times. Now it's warm like the rest of the house. I've actually moved into the room last week because my room was cramped, and I haven't experienced anything since moving into the room.:)
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Baikeru:
How old is your current home? If it is an older structure, even one that has been refurbished, there are multiple reasons a space can feel "off" or have odd noises:
1. If your brain expects a room to be a large empty cube, but your eyes are telling you that the walls don't stay parallel, or your sense of balance is telling you that the floor isn't level, the resulting confusion can cause you to feel uneasy (a bit like low-grade motion sickness). I mention these first because they should be easy to check with a tape measure and a marble, respectively.
2. Do water pipes, ductwork (AC, central heating, central vacuum...), or electrical conduits run through the walls or the floor joists under the room? They could all account for odd noises, such as scratching, scraping, knocking, banging... In the case of electrical conduits, fuse boxes, etc., any improperly shielded wiring or junctions could be generating a high electromagnetic field, resulting in symptoms as varied as headaches, hives, hallucinations, or paranoia. While the pipes & ductwork can be traced from an examination of the basement (presuming you have one), you may need to hire an electrician to examine the outlets and light fixtures for safety.
Hope these suggestions are able to ease your mind,
-Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: