You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: During Our Christmas Caroling

Real Ghost Stories

During Our Christmas Caroling

 

My scary experience happened during my last year in high school. As a tradition during Christmas in our school, my teachers organize caroling to raise funds for some of school activities (for those who don't know, we go house to house, sing Christmas songs and the house owners give us some money, but no obligation) Caroling session is normally done at night.

Just to give you an idea of my location, we are in a rural place/country side. The roads are not cemented, no street lights, houses are far from each other, rice fields = lots of it!. At night, people are normally at home at night, so you can either hear the crickets or the dogs.

So this 1 night of our caroling, about 12 of us in the group. 1 teacher and the rest are my classmates. We started around 7-8 pm and since our meeting place is at my teacher's house, we started our caroling at nearby houses. We were just walking to go from each place to another. About 2 hours passed, and it's also getting late at night, we reached this place with a particularly old, big tree just around the corner of a street. I heard a lot of ghost stories especially white lady. Before we arrived there, we walked about 15 minutes where there's nothing except rice fields. We walked past this tree and we are all very scared. But luckily, none of us felt anything weird.

So we continued walking but still have an eerie vibe. I only saw 2 or 3 houses in the area with lots of big trees. We stopped on the first house and started singing our Christmas song. After a while, we saw one of our classmates crying without any reason. Some of them tried to calm her down but she can't be stopped. She didn't say anything, just crying and it's getting even louder. Moments later, she looked at me and told me not to look at the tree (pointing on the tree). She said see saw a kapre with red eyes, smiling and looking at me (kapre is a big man with hair all around its body like a monkey, and it lives in a tree. It usually smokes tobacco at night and smells like fish sauce) At this time, I felt super scared, and almost fainted. I was also crying that time and I didn't dare to look at that tree, not even a glance. My group decided that we leave that place immediately. So we walked back and spend the rest of the night at our school which is about 1 1/2-hour walk.

At the school, we all stayed in one room on the second floor. It's an ordinary classroom. So each of us chose the most comfortable place to sleep. Surrounding this classroom are big trees. There are glass windows on 1 side of the wall. In the middle of my sleep, I was awoken up because my whole body and my chair was shaking, and it was shaking very strong. I know I was awake and it wasn't a dream. I didn't open my eyes because I was so scared. It lasted for about 3 minutes My arms and legs are so numb. I just ignored it and fell back to sleep later on.

Until now, I'm still unsure what happened that night.

Other hauntings by chetchet17

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chetchet17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Chetchet,
I was a skeptic too but I finally believed it when someone close to me or to our family had a personal encounter with it, even manananggals, I believe in them. People in the provinces sleep early must be because of those creatures lurking. 😨

Lady-glow,
I've thought about it too but people suffering from hypertrichosis doesn't make them live in the trees and scare people for a hobby O_O

And that last one was so punny! 😆
My mind instantly flashed Leo covered with hair all over his body! 😆
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-03-14)
Mannerism: that's quite a story!

It makes me wonder if these "kapres" are people suffering from hypertrichosis, a genetic condition that results in excessive hair covering parts of a person's body. In extreme cases it can cover their whole body.

Other than that, it would be very difficult, if not impossible, for two individuals from different species to interbreed and have a living offspring.

It seems to me that the person you are talking about had a child with Leonardo DiKapre... Not with a kapre! 😆 😆
chetchet17 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-14)
Hello Mhannerism, thanks for your comment. The kapre thing happened somewhere in Pampanga.

That was a scary story. Luckily I didn't look at the kapre. But I'm still sceptic about it until now since I haven't personally seen it.

Cheers!
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-13)
Hello, Chetchet!

May I ask which part of the Philippines this took place? I know someone who was followed by a kapre, he even impregnated her and it wanted to take their child so they moved into places until the kapre disabled her from walking and took their child. If someone would ask me how can they tell if it was kapre's child. Well, their whole family is dark skinned while the child is white and looked VERY different from the rest of the family. What I'm trying to say is, it was a good thing you didn't let the kapre know that you were aware of him or he might do something to you.

About the chair shaking, maybe you were having a spasm or you just didn't noticed that you were the one shaking the chair because the room was cold?

Take care,
Mhanne ❤
chetchet17 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-11)
Hi Lady-glow, apart from that, I don't have any more other information to add. I myself is also sceptic since I didn't personally see the Kapre.

Thanks for replying:)
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-11)
Gelflingfay: once I had muscular spasms so strong that the hospital bed I was laying on was shaking... No, I was not in Texas!😆

Chetchet: is there any other information you can provide?
A little skepticism is always good, and we should always try to find a logical explanation before considering an experience to be paranormal.

I will appreciate your input.
chetchet17 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
lady-glow thanks for your comment.

As this happened very long time ago, I couldn't exactly remember what was the reaction of my teacher and other classmates because I was just focused on myself being very scared. But I think they believe. Because in our place, there's also a lot of paranormal stories. We also have a classmate who got "possessed" few times in that very school.

Yes, I was sleeping seating on the arm chair. I know there is a possibility that the numbness is due to the way I positioned myself, maybe a little uncomfortable. But the shaking of the chair, I am very sure it happened because until now I still cannot forget. And yes, both my body and chair are shaking that time.

Thanks for your input. I would like to hear more if you have any explanation of what happened to me that time. Cheers!
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
Well the author did state that they did walk for awhile as you said and that they got as comfortable as they could. But muscular spasms tend to not shake the whole body AND the chair. I have had muscular spasm, pretty bad ones too and never had them shake my whole body let alone the chair I was in.
Also as for the bigfoot comparison it seems like a nice thought but the smoking of tobacco and smelling of fish sauce kind of sets it apart. I know you did not say it was the same, and I agree that it sounds vaguely reminiscent of bigfoot but the discription seems to place it more in the spiritual realm/plain. Of coarse that being said who knows on what plain bigfoot would more regularly favor.lol.

Anyway it sounded like a good idea not to open your eyes or acknowledge it at all. Sometimes just letting it know that you see it is what can make it truely agressive.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-08)
Chetchet: Welcome to YGS.

That kapre thing sounds like the equivalent of the north American "big foot".

I'm curious, -what was the reaction of the teacher when your friend began crying? Did s/he try to investigate if there really was a kapre on the tree?

"... In the middle of my sleep, I was awoken up because my whole body and my chair was shaking, and it was shaking very strong. I know I was awake and it wasn't a dream. I didn't open my eyes because I was so scared. It lasted for about 3 minutes My arms and legs are so numb..."

First of all, did you sleep seating on the chair? -a little uncomfortable, isn't it?
Secondly, you had been walking for at least three ours... Perhaps you only had muscular spasms due to the tiredness of your body and poor blood flow caused by the bad position you were sleeping.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: