You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Friendly Nudge During Late Night Feeding

Real Ghost Stories

Friendly Nudge During Late Night Feeding

 

This is one of the more helpful experiences I've had with our friends on the other side.

My son was born in September of 2011. At the time we were living on the 2nd floor of a two family home in an industrial area of Hillside, NJ.

I never for a second expected to leave all of the childcare responsibilities to my wife, especially since she was working the overnight shift for her job. Anytime our son cried during the night I always got up for him to let my wife rest. He would cry for his bottle every 90 minutes at one point so there were a lot of sleepless nights.

The second floor had a bit of an open concept. There was a small dining area directly behind the couch, and the kitchen was to the left of the dining area. It had a little breakfast bar in between.

This particular night I sat down on our 3 person couch that was directly in front of the dining table. It was really late at night, around 2am. I sat down on the couch and gave my son his bottle. And, as any parent can understand, I started falling asleep while giving my son his bottle. No sooner did I start falling asleep I felt someone poke right under my shoulder blade.

The poke was right behind me - even though my back was completely against the couch, and my wife was asleep in our bedroom at the time. But in my sleep deprived state I was just thankful for the help. So I looked back over my shoulder and said "Thanks" to whoever it was that kept me awake during feeding time.

I did tell my wife about it the next day, and she shared the same sentiment. We appreciated any help we got during those days:)

Other hauntings by thething45

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thething45, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CutiePieXOX (5 posts)
-1
5 years ago (2019-02-22)
When I typed out that "I like children" with a heart emoji at the end, I didn't mean in a pedophile way. I actually hate pedophiles with a burning passion. Besides rapists and molesters, I actually want pedophiles to drop dead. Leave the children alone! They are much too young and innocent to understand what's going on. So if you have any more young children on your hands, I would suggest protecting them at all costs. Or any young nieces, nephews, cousins, or siblings you may have.
CutiePieXOX (5 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-22)
Just a poke? The spirit just gave you a simple poke instead of taking over the bottle feeding for you? I'm just kidding. I respect the dead. But your son does sound adorable. I like young children. ❤
thething45 (5 stories) (12 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Thank you majarlika for your comment. I must admit I am jealous your office has a breakroom where you can take a quick siesta. My coworkers joke about having one in our office some day. Also glad that someone knew to wake you just in time to start your shift
thething45 (5 stories) (12 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Thank you, Miandra, for your comment and for reading my story.

My son is still always off from being in his 20s but every now & then he says or does something that just makes me sit back and say "ah, it was totally worth it" 😊
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-02)
hi thething45, I also experienced the same poking although with different scenario. I experienced it when I am sleeping on our office's breakroom (sleeping quarters). I usually go to work an hour before my time so I still have time for siesta (powernap). And one day, I forgot to set my alarm. I was sleeping when I felt someone poke me on my side, when I opened my eyes i'm the only one in the sleeping quarters. When I checked on my watch, it is 2mins before my shfit starts.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-01)
Hello thething45,

I completely understand the tired nights and days when kids are young. Teething, flu, need to feed them their bottles etc.

I have to say I admire you as a father who helped your wife as much as you did. My husband was like you and helped me so much when my kids were young. If it wasn't for his help I wouldn't have coped.

Now my kids are in their early 20's and are very close to their dad. That's because of all the time he spent bonding and helping raise them. You have that to look forward to as a reward for all your hard efforts.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Vest wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
thething45 (5 stories) (12 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-01)
Thank you dreamer for reading my story and your comment, I appreciate it 😁
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-30)
Nice story ❤ it's nice to hear the good stories too. Thanks for sharing x x x x

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: