You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Christmas At Dad's

Real Ghost Stories

Christmas At Dad's

 

My dad is 80 years old. He doesn't live in his house, but instead lives with his girlfriend in a one story house approximately 3 miles from his. When I visit at Christmas, I normally stay at his house because his girlfriend's dog is unnecessarily fearful of my big shepherd. This story takes place between December 24 2018 and mid January 2019.

The house felt unusually strange for no visible or palpable reason. I thought that unoccupied houses are this way and then spied a little brown bat hanging off the stairs to the second floor. (Firstly, gross. How did that get in there?) It looked gaunt but I couldn't tell if it were living or dead. I stepped around it because I an *not* messing with anything that can carry a zoonotic disease.

The next night, there was a lot of banging around, walking, and dragging sounds coming from the attic. The attic is just storage and it's really difficult to get to, or rather, impossible without a ladder and can only be accessed though the house. I've looked for that ladder and don't know where it is. I meet my dad and brother for Christmas dinner (girlfriend is sick) and apprise them of the bat and Ghouly McChains, which they found very funny apart from the bat. Dad later removed the bat himself after it had not moved for several days.

In the following evenings, I start feeling this buzzing feeling, usually on my arms and legs and eventually other places. Of course, at this point, I had not read your posts on succubi so I didn't know what it was at that time. It showed at night, I could be walking around or in bed and would leave if I just covered up my lady parts with my hands. However, get this- it harassed my dog! When I saw my elderly female hump her new toy- a behavior she hasn't done in years and never to toys- I had an inkling that something was definitely afoot.

Meanwhile, every time I would open the door to the basement, my dog would want to run down there. She has never had any interest in the basement in the past. But this visit, like everything else, it's all different. Upon opening, She would sprint for the furnace and run a loop around a huge old table meant to hold a model railroad but instead just hosting stacks of crushed dreams, lost languages and last century's artifacts. It's dusty and full of webs making it all the more frustrating when she wouldn't get out of there until she was "good and ready". (dog thinking)

So all of this came to a head one morning, around 6am, a time that I'm not normally awake. Lying on my side and facing the door to the bedroom, I had just my bottom eye cracked open. I noticed the bedroom door swing from cracked to open and immediately registered that there is *no wind* in that winter-sealed house and thus, something was going down right then. A short blur whisked around the door and hovered over/ occupied the same floor space where I had stacked drawings behind the door. This was the first time I'd seen her. She didn't look entirely human. Her face was as if it had been in a car accident and her hair was cartoonish. I didn't see her legs or feet. Then she zoomed about 1 foot off the floor towards me, still not knowing that I was awake and brushed against my forearm, which was just outside the covers. There was that familiar buzz. I yawned and pulled my arm beneath the blankets. I thought I had foiled her.

She returned approximately 5 or 10 minutes later and I felt her trying to put her tendril-like fingers beneath the covers. I slammed my opposing hand down tight because THE JIG WAS UP. She jumped over my head to the opposite side of the bed. I looked straight at her and (opting to be visible) she stuck her tongue out at me. I asked her to please go away and to leave that house. She then touched my head.

Now, apparently (per my experience) their "power" works this way. When a succubus touches you, blood rushes to that spot of your body. I'm a migraineur. It will not do for me to have these things touching my head. I asked her to quit and instead she wrapped her body around my head. So I threw her off as best as I could, which worked, while saying some cross things and then *somebody* (maybe her?) chucked a fit and stomped loudly around the house for the next two hours. Seriously, it sounded like a bipedal buffalo was ascending the stairs.

I lain in bed while chaos reigned and then it was quiet for an hour. I got up at 9:30 when I thought it more likely that the sun was far enough up and there would be no more confrontation that day. I made breakfast and heard rustling in the den. Again, winter in Wisconsin- windows are closed. I grabbed the dog, opened the doors and see this shadow creature zipping around the room. This is NOT the same thing from earlier that day and it was either afraid of me or the dog or both. I couldn't make out what it was because it was moving as fast as a mouse. It was about 3 1/2-4' tall, running on two rear legs and was leaning forward. My closest guess at that time was that it looked like a small goat-man satyr but I didn't think about it much. I opened the back door and told it to leave and that if it did, we wouldn't hurt it. I have no idea if it left because I didn't see it anymore and my dog didn't seem to find it. She saw it when I did.

This house somehow got this way in the past year. I don't understand how. I typically only visit at Christmas and it's not possible to do a cleaning/ protection then. I packed my belongings and got out of there that morning and won't return until I understand what I'm dealing with and what I can safely do about it. Thanks to this site, I have already discovered that creature 1 isn't a poltergeist, as I had initially thought and as for the rest, it's anyone's guess.

Other hauntings by Junglecat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Junglecat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-07)
Augusta,

Its quite interesting to learn about the Jinn. Actually, Judaism and ancient Babylonians independently made demons out of "hairy beings" or "wild ones" (seirim). Christianity may or may not have been independent of Judaism in its original position on seirim. I posted a reference to an academic paper on this subject in reply to your question about how satyrs/ faun became conflated with demons on my other post. I think you will be interested.

Your comment about the Jinn and Fae have me wondering if these entities were originally characterized as demons [spoiler warning: not generally the fire and brimstone type] *exactly because* they don't play by the same rules, and by what was a highly suspicious population. This would be very much like how a dog and cat would regard each other if unfamiliar with the other species.

Succubus and her little pal could have stayed in the house for all I care if she would have been respectful. But alas, she doesn't play that way. I'm sure she felt disturbed when I came in, much like I would feel disturbed if I broke into your home and was living there while you were away for the winter and then you returned. Luckily for me, I don't live in empty houses and just get to sort out this one, lol.

Seems to me that a cleaning is on the agenda first and foremost for my next visit.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-20)
I really like Twiglight's fairy suggestion. I think it makes a good deal of logical sense. The Jiin from Middle Eastern philosophy are often regarded by the west as types of fairies as their aspects are quite similar. In their native tradition, the Jiin are believed to be able to inhabit unoccupied or abandoned buildings. Perhaps Western fairies are capable of the same or what you encountered was a jiin. Fairies are regarded as being radical neutrals so they don't play by our rules - our boundaries don't necessarily hold any sway with them. And their curiosity is legendary.

Christmas itself was given the date on which we celebrate it by the pagan calendar so the thought of pagan entities running amok in a deserted house they'd claimed for their own on their feast days sorta makes sense... We also should not forget that ancient Christianity made demons of the pagan earth spirits etc - but that didn't change their nature, just their human classification. Not to say that there aren't some "big bads" out there... I just don't get the feeling these are them.
Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-11)
RCRuscin,
Thank you! That at clears up a bit the question of how they came to be there!
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-11)
Junglecat, either of those would be exactly what I mean. Thieving, breaking in to spend some quality time with their 'friend of the evening', moving in, breaking in to consume 'certain substances of an illicit nature' and Graham Chapman of Monty Python put it. Or just young people messing around with things they should not mess around with, and so inviting in something that should not be present.
Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-11)
RCRuscins,

Thanks for your reply. I doubt my father would have even left a workman alone and he wouldn't have give anyone the key. Someone could have broken in, though. My parents had a century old watch in a bell jar in their living room. I recently asked my brother if he had it or knew where it is. He doesn't, which left us perplexed because dad doesn't move anything around. He wouldn't lie to me about that because I would want him to have it. We're not one of those families that fight over valuables.

Is thieving the kind of behavior you mean or do you suspect someone tried to live there for a few days?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-09)
Well, it is my bias showing, but I don't think anyone actually said 'Come on in' to anything.

My suspicion is that someone not authorized made entry and did something there that attracted unwanted attention. And by not authorized, I mean someone either broke in or someone who was given a key behaved in a less than professional manner, if you understand my meaning.
Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-09)
Hi Twilight,

Thank you for your questions! That reminds me of a detail that I left out about my father's neighborhood. All of the houses on the opposite side of the street back up to a large ravine with a brook, grassy spots, mostly woodsy flora and even morel mushrooms. I can't say that I have ever particularly believed in fey (or staunchly not, for that matter) but if they exist, they might live there. I played there nearly every day in the warm seasons when I was a child. When I saw the satyr (or fawn?) it was so dark and fast that I thought it was a demon of some sort but I suppose any such entity can zip around like that?

That second creature that I saw that morning looked like it was at least half animal. I would have thought that brownies were humanoid and smaller than the one I saw. In retrospect, I wouldn't be bothered about it at all except it was sharing my father's house with another entity, and that one was nasty. And also, my having encountered a very dangerous entity exactly a week later with a similar, albeit somewhat larger profile makes me just a little suspicious of the first one, and if they are connected. But that could possibly be coincidence.
Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-09)
LuciaJacinta,

Thank you for your comment.

My Mother actually died in this house of heart failure in 2002. But this girl was definitely not my mother. She didn't look like my mother when my mother was young and she certainly didn't act like her. I originally thought she was a poltergeist who was trying to pretend to be a lesbian until I read about succubi here on this site and it explained both the buzzing and why she was so pervy.

The brawl was mostly her jumping on me and me throwing her off. It was really excruciating for me when she wrapped herself around my head and at that point, I wanted to kill her. In fact, I still would if I could if I encounter her when helping my dad clear his things from that house to sell it. (If I don't help him do it when he's alive, I have to do it myself when he's gone, which is why I'll need to clean it, assuming prayers haven't already done the trick.) That said, it will take years for Dad to be ready to put the house on the market.
Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-09)
Cuddlebear and RCRuscin,

Thank you for your comments!

I would like to say that dad keeps the outside up but in October of 2017, I am aware that he received a note from the police reading that they had entered his home because his shrubs had become so unwieldy that they were afraid he had passed. This tells us that the place is well policed. I fixed the problem with the shrubs at that time but they will grow back. He does keep the lawn cut. He lives in a single family residential development, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 acre lots built in the 1960's.

I suppose that my father has had repair men in the house from time to time. A toilet and shower have been repaired in the past two years. His girlfriend also steps into the back door but she never goes very far into the house. My brother might go into the house with my dad if he absolutely has to do so. He thinks the house is creepy.

How does one "invite" in a demon, or more to the point, be certain that they are not followed into a house?

Also, where do I find out more about these landscape triggers for demons? It kind of makes sense, since it indicates where people aren't. Exactly one week after this event, I had an even more frightful experience (I posted about it on this site) and I want to be very certain that I don't put out a welcome to my own home because my shrubs are out of form.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-08)
Junglecat Salutations!

Just a question about your father's house: is it more or less isolated or is it in a neighbourhood? If it's in a neighbour hood of some description is it a well kept and policed area? I ask because houses that are abandoned, or mostly abandoned, can attract a variety of, shall we say occupants; human and non though both completely natural. Especially during a Wisconsin winter (when 0°F would be almost warm).

I would also think that the attic would require an investigation.

Would love to hear/read more...
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-08)
OK. Having had some time to think about it more, and look some things up, I have another question, or really, the same question again.

Does anyone besides you and your parents have access to or make use of the house? I cannot imagine such a demon getting to an unused house unless it has been 'invited' in.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-07)
This is very interesting, as well as your other account. I can't help but wonder though, in what you describe in both your submissions, on how far fetched the possibility of what you're seeing (as in the creature like thing), is actually something of the fairy type world 😕 I'm not sure where you stand on believing in those sort of things, but there are some respected members on this site that not only have more knowledge on them, but as well as their own experiences with them. I see you went as far as to describe what you saw as a satyr. I've read where others on here have had a brownie in their home, that would show itself in different sizes, and looking different then what you'd think. Is your father's home in a secluded type area, or around a lot of other people? Not sure if it really makes a difference, as I don't know much about these type of elemtentals, but I'd imagine they would prefer a more secluded place to roam, surrounded in nature, verses crowds of people, and their hectic city living lifestyle. But that's just my assumption. Again I could be really way off on my suggestion, but I thought I'd at least throw out the possibility, and hope that one of the more knowledgeable members on this site to what I've suggested, can hopefully shed some light on any possibility to what I've mentioned. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, as I really enjoyed reading about it 😊 hopefully I did not go to far out, on my opinion of what you could be dealing with.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-07)
Did anyone die in this house?

This is one crazy story. I don't think most people get full on physical confrontations like this. There are plenty of stories on here of succubi and incubus but most just feel pressure on them not tumble around with such an intense entity. I think this must be one dangerous entity if it can materialize in this way.

I'd look into some sort of prayer group or local paranormal society for help. If not I'd just stay away from there. Especially if you only come once a year. I'd just stay at a hotel.

Did you tell your dad about all this?
Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-07)
Oh, yes. I can definitely get some prayers for my dad's house and my dad too. I worry for him.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-06)
Hi again, Junglecat.

Most Christian groups will, at the very least, pray for a house and the safety of its occupants. You should ask your priest, minister, pastor or whatever title is granted, or just some of the elders/leaders about what the tradition is for your parish. If you cannot find help from within your parish, you could contact another, though I think you will find someone willing to help without much difficulty.
Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-06)
RCRuscin,
Also, thank you for passing along Rook's cleansing/shielding method. Even though it must be done in spring or summer, if I can't find a way to clean in winter, I will skip a Christmas and try this in spring.
Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-06)
Thanks for your questions, Ladyglow & RCRuskn,

The house is really just a museum of my dad's stuff. He only enters it when he wants to fetch something that he needs at his girlfriend's house, maybe one time each month and never at night. He has great difficulty climbing stairs so going upstairs where most of the action was, is out of the question for him. He is not a religious man and does not believe that paranormal activities are even possible. Thus, he is certain that he hasn't heard anything he considers peculiar. But that is not to say that he could not have brought something in. I sometimes wonder how that happens.

I, on the other hand am a fairly observant Christian, although I've not been generally concerned about things like demons until seeing one.

I would say that the succubus was definitely not respectful and did not seem to care about my consent. She more likely grew disinterested in me when I would ensure that she couldn't access my lady parts in the initial interactions and later when she jumped on my head, I think I might have hurt her in our brawl. I am just surmising this from the tantrum, if that's even possible. I heard my dog whimpering in my dad's room during her tantrum and it sounded like she was having a bad dream. At the time I thought "Is she really sleeping? I had better let her sleep." In retrospect, she probably wasn't. That entity was surely picking on my confused dog. I wish I had realized at the time, but my dog could, in fact, defend herself. She is a very sweet dog and doesn't have an aggressive personality. Yeah, that she bothered my dog was really mean.

It was January at this point, so the temperature was 0*F/-17*C. I find that even sage requires cracked windows because it is so pungent so I'm definitely open to winter cleansing suggestions that allow windows to stay closed. I could need them myself as I live further north even than my father. I've never been affiliated with any Catholic churches. Are they the ones who would bless or sanctify a house? How would that work for a non-member?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-05)
😨

Hi, Junglecat. Going to start by saying there are many wiser folks on this site than me. Like Rook.

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

A bit of the way down his page is a 'Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding'. I suggest starting with that. Also find out what happened, if you can.

You say your father lives with his girlfriend and not in the house, so what happens with the house the rest of the year?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-05)
Hello Junglecat - this is quite interesting.

I have few questions:

Has your father mentioned witnessing any activity? Would it be possible that he did something to, unwillingly and inadvertently, invite this entity to his house?
Do you practice any religion?

I find it puzzling that this entity doesn't seem to discriminate on who to bother, plus the fact that your dog doesn't seem to react in a defensive way. 🤔

I don't understand why you think that Christmas wasn't the right time to do a cleansing/protection of the house, - is it because opening windows and doors is recommended to let the bad energy out and the weather was too cold at that moment?

Perhaps you can try using a method that doesn't involve open windows, or ask for religious help.

At least it seems to listen when asked to stop bothering you.

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: