You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Death Echo

Real Ghost Stories

Death Echo

 

I am not sure if a "Death Echo" is what something like this would be referred to as or if that is just a term coined by the popular show Supernatural. But I believe that this is exactly what I experienced.

There is a large stretch of road on the North side of Jacksonville called Lem Turner that is mostly surrounded on either side by tall trees and brush, with a 60 mph speed limit and 2 lanes. This is the kind of road you drive down at night imagining around every bend a lady in white appearing suddenly before your headlights holding a severed head or something. Luckily, my experience isn't nearly as terrifying but it was very interesting and I remember it clearly to this day.

I was on my way to work approximately 2:00 in the afternoon as I was an aftercare director for a Catholic School up the road ("extended day" for those of you with children). I was talking on the phone with my then boyfriend now husband, when far ahead of me at a bend in the road something caught my attention. There was a motorcyclist coming in my direction. Now, he stood out because it was as though the clouds had parted and there was a beam of light directly on him. He just looked like he had a spotlight on him surrounding him as he rode down the road. I found this strange and it made me keep looking at him. He was driving very fast and I just got the feeling that something was about to happen. Once that thought passed my mind I see that he suddenly loses control of his bike! I tell my boyfriend, "Jeff, this guy is going to crash, he's on a bike!" Just as I say that I see that he veers in the woods and it looks like his bike flips. I am still about 25 seconds away as I have been driving in his direction the entire time but he was still a bit off in the distance. Lem Turner is not the road you want to pull off on because of the high speed limit and the way people whipped around the bends and curves but I needed to help this guy and that is exactly what I intended to do!

When my car finally reached where he "crashed" though, I had been decelerating as I was rounding his corner, there was nothing! There was no gash in the grass from where his tires would have definitely left a mark. There was no break in the trees or the shrubs, there was absolutely nothing. He was not there. I didn't end up pulling over because it was obvious that IF this happened, it didn't take place today. I said, "Jeff, he's not even there." My boyfriend was a bit confused, but I explained the light and what I saw and I said, "Jeff, I don't think this happened today." I believe I saw this man reliving the way he passed on.

I researched a bit on the road to see if I could find a report on an accident, but didn't really find what it was that I saw. This didn't surprise me considering Lem Turner is kind of a high accident prone area with the bends and the wild animals running out in the middle of the road and people swerving to miss them it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Who knows when this took place IF this took place...

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by PunkysMama

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PunkysMama, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
PunkysMama

I've heard the term death echo years before Supernatural. I believe it was on a show called Night Stalker or the Twilight Zone. It never crossed my mind that it is real because I was a kid and my father watched both shows.

Regards
Red
PunkysMama (4 stories) (62 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
Darkangel73,

If there was a way I don't have the slightest clue. Who knows why these "death echos" or residual haunting actually truly happen let alone how to make them stop. We don't know if the spirit is truly reliving the situation walking through old halls, being hit by a car etc, or if it is simply some sort of energy stuck with no feelings at all involved but just like a video clip stuck on repeat.

It's all very interesting and mind boggling at the same time.

Thank you for reading my story. 😊
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
Hi! Interesting story. I don't have insight on the ghost but Supernatural used the term "death echo" in the third-season episode "Ghostfacers", which aired April 24, 2008. I think they may have invented the term, but it's an apt one. The concept of someone reliving their death is as old as the hills.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
PunkysMama- I wonder if there is a way to stop a residual or death echo? Either way that was an intense story!
PunkysMama (4 stories) (62 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
Miracles51031,

Good research! I guess a death echo is much like a residual haunting but just specifically geared towards how a person passed vs. Any other particular moment in time that is being repeated.

It seems like a reasonable/realistic term to me.

Thanks for the info. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
PunkysMama - I don't know if death echo is just a Supernatural term. I was curious so I googled and found someone who references that term back in 2008. I am a huge Supernatural fan but couldn't remember what season they used the term. Thanks to Google, it says 2013. So, if my internet searches are accurate, and true, those words were used before Supernatural made them known.
PunkysMama (4 stories) (62 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
Hello Tweed,

Perhaps my suspicions are correct about that term then. To answer your questions:

I was a ways away as I said driving towards the driver in my car windows up so virtually I didn't hear anything. Come to think of it I don't think I even heard a motorcycle engine though we all know how loud they can be even with windows up. Hmmm...

So no, boyfriend did not hear anything. And the light thing was trippy indeed, that's what had me unable to look away. It was pretty incredible. 😕 I've never seen something like that since or prior to the incident.

Unfortunately though your idea seems pretty interesting to research further on I have no idea what day exactly it was that this happened to ever see if I could get a repeat!😭

Thank you for reading and providing further food for thought!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
Hi Punkys,

I've never heard of the term 'death echo' but then I never watched Supernatural either. 😆

Did the bike/man make any sound as it were happening? Did your boyfriend hear anything down the phone? The light beam is really trippy. Wonder if anyone else has ever encountered this.
Actually, I don't know how 'true'this is but you know how in Hollywood ghost stories there's often a significant date, like 'every year at the same time the he scares innocent children' kind of crap. Maybe try searching for news items on that road on that date. Real life ghosts are pretty punctual with certain times/dates, so maybe a 'death echo' would be too.

What an encounter! Thanks for sharing.
PunkysMama (4 stories) (62 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
Ashar123,

Thank you for reading very mysterious and interesting indeed! 😲
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
It was not so creapy but too mysterious. It can be something like 'death echo'

Thanks for Sharing! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: