You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Douple Demon In The Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

My Douple Demon In The Mirror

 

Recently, before three months, I saw my own doppelganger first at the mirror. It was looking like me, same glasses and hair. This night I have done my hair different from usual and I rarely wear my glasses. That night I was looking differently from my everyday look. And I was really in a good mood after I took a bath and caring myself in my little apartment where I live alone. I saw the doppelganger in the little mirror behind me and I am wondering what should I do to make the bad luck go away. Maybe break the mirror or something.

I knew it was bad luck and is an omen of death. I knew it was bad luck cause I searched it years ago after I saw my mother's doppelganger. But nothing really bad happened and my mother is fine.

I should mention the experiences with my mother. When I was a student, 14 years ago, my parents visited me after I called them because something bad happened to me. So my parents and I were in the kitchen eating and then I saw my mother's double demon walking the hall outside the kitchen. This time I didn't know what it was and after some 8 years I saw it again and then I searched it. Nothing bad happened, no one died and everything is well.

I need help and advice about my double demon that I saw it again few days ago standing in my room but it was like fading like an aura. I am mentioning that bad things happened again before the paranormal experience. I was living with my boyfriend and it only lasted one month. And then here it comes the doppelganger. Should I be afraid? Is it wrong to live alone in case the demon comes again? I am thinking leaving this place.

Other hauntings by girl25

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Greece

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, girl25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-21)
I think this thing is attached to to your family, a generational spirit, perhaps? Just pray, consult your spiritual advisor, get some help... Good luck.
girl25 (5 stories) (28 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-08)
thank you for the comments, very helpful information. I also have read the story of abraham lincon about seeing his doppelganger. I am afraid that maybe I have a limited time to live. If anyone wants to communicate with me my email is kat277kara [at] gmail.com
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
girl25--I have read several very well documented cases where a person sees an apparition of a living person. There are also cases where people see there own apparition. Often, a person consciously attempting astral projection, can make what appears to be their double appear to another person. Just read a great example of this in a case study book by Andrew MacKenzie (titled Frontiers of the Unknown published in 1968).

There were even several tests carried out by the Society of Psychical Research where subjects would intentionally attempt to project their images through astral projection to be seen by another person or persons. Several of these tests were successful. There have even been well documented cases (like one in the above mentioned book) where the person astrally projecting has been able to not only appear to another person but also to carry a small object to leave as proof of their visitation. Truly fascinating stuff.

My main point here is (as others have stated) to not think this "double" you have seen of yourself (or your mother) is in any way a harbinger of evil. You just seem to be a psychically sensitive person. You seem to possess an ability that isn't all that common. There are a few people who are into astral projection/traveling on this site. Embrace your gift, don't fear it!
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-03)
Girl25: I apologize for taking a moment to remind some commenters of our function as a website. (Note that I am NOT a website moderator, merely someone who wishes to help others.)

Rook: Thank you for saving me the bother of typing out all of that!

Everyone else: re-read the original submission, then Miracles' response to it in the comments thread. Where is ANYONE getting the idea of "evil" from? It Is MENTIONED as a TRADITION in the original experience, but then DISPROVEN by subsequent events described both by Girl25 and by Miracles! Sometimes, a doppelgänger is a herald of significant events (either good or bad), on other occasions, it's merely a strange event with NO CONSEQUENCES for anyone. When did YGS become a forum for shouting "The Sky is Falling! Everyone Panic!" whenever someone wants help or an safe place to talk about odd circumstances? People with unusual events in their lives usually need reassurance more than they need alarmist rabble-rousing or fundamentalist arguments from ANY religious, agnostic, or atheistic perspective! This is a forum for calm understanding and for helping others, NOT an episode of "Ghost Adventures" or a remake of "The Shining."

Please, please, PLEASE try to remember that our comments are supposed to support, to question, to debunk, or to reassure those who put themselves at some emotional risk by sharing their accounts with us. As members, we're supposed to be HELPFUL.

I most sincerely apologize to anyone who took this screed personally, but this is the 2nd thread I've read tonight which has been derailed by comments designed to promote panic and superstition instead of conversation and thought.

Girl25: Sorry about that. It was odd, I grant you, but the only reason people have the folklore tradition that doppelgängers are evil is because they had no idea what they were experiencing; they thought that comets and eclipses where signs of evil, too. Stay calm, pray as your conscience requires, and you'll be fine.

Best,
Biblio.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-03)
Girl25,
What I mean by mimicking...
Sometimes a spirit will either mimick a voice or a look of someone. Not sure why though.

They can gather enough energy to manifest.
Either from electronics or energy from a living person.
Rook has the perfect explanation down below.

Thanks for commenting back
Spiritwaiting
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-03)
Well Sanchez, that's something that we see often in horror shows. 😆 And sometimes its better to not know some things.

However this experience is quite different from that.
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-03)
This just scared the living life out of me! How would I know I have seen my double? What if I have and I don't even know it... For example, being in the bathroom while washing my face and I bend down to rinse it off and my double stays on the same place without moving and me not knowing? God that's very creepy.

Love reading your stories!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-07-03)
Class, Class, CLASS! Thank you, please pay attention...

Doppelgänger: 1: someone who looks like someone else, 2: a ghost that looks like a living person

This is the definition from Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary.

Now FOLKLORE would have people believe so much more about this HOWEVER please take note there is nothing about evil, Demonic nor even Satan himself mentioned in the definition. Further research uncovers this bit of information...

"According to age-old German folklore, all living creatures have a spirit double who is invisible but identical to the living individual. These second selves are perceived as being distinct from ghosts (which appear only after death), and sometimes they are described as the spiritual opposite or negative of their human counterparts. In 1796, German writer Johann Paul Richter, who wrote under the pseudonym Jean Paul, coined the word Doppelgänger (from doppel-, meaning "double," and -gänger, meaning "goer") to refer to such specters."

So there is a theory that this entity type MAY be an opposite or negative version of the individual being seen. They are distinct from GHOSTS... This opens the possibility that what is being observed is an Astral Projection or an observation of an OOB experience of a friend or Family member. Again please note there is no mention of EVIL nor of Satan.

😲

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,

Rook
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-03)
Leen, its not always the same. There are stories associated with doppelgangers that they bring death with them however here on this site there are many stories where nothing bad has occurred after encountering doppelganger.

Thanks! 😊
Leen3808 (guest)
-3
8 years ago (2016-07-03)
If what you mean by doppelgangers is seeing another copy of yourself or seeing yourself out of your body that has and will always be a sign of premature death to you or any other member of your family, you could see it live or in your dream but it holds the same meaning.
Yes nothing bad happened to your mother and that's because we're not alone we have both bad and good energy, and the good energy exist to fight for us, we can't fight or see spiritual battles but they happen if you survived all those times then you will this time, just say a prayer and ask whoever you believe in to protect you.

BTW in most cases a doppelganger is a demon it's not an evil you it's just satan, the devil will try to frighten you and mock you, he wants you at your weakest point as he's not stronger than you.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-03)
girl25

A shapeshifting demon can mimic your look. Who told you dopplegangers were demonic? Dopplgangers are either a) a person that looks like you or b) some people say it's your duplicate from another dimension or planet. Even well known scientists theorize there are planets that have the capacity to sustain human life. Some thorize there is another universe exactly like ours and the people on that earth are duplicates of us but they are more advanced. Mind you these ar just therise that I have read about, even the scientists have no hard proof.
Regards
Red
girl25 (5 stories) (28 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
spiritwaiting what do you mean spirit mimicking my look?why?and what's your belief about doppelganger?

No I didn't break the mirror and thanks for the comments
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-01)
Girl25,
From what you've written, it doesn't seem like a doppelganger, but maybe a spirit. Mimicking your look etc.
I don't believe in omen of death the old belief given for doppelgangers.

If you do end up breaking the mirror, I wouldn't recommend doing... Because I personally believe in mirrors as some sort of portal etc.
Wash the pieces in warm water and say a prayer over them, then put them in a garbage bag, and into a dumpster, or somewhere outside of your home.

Thanks for sharing your experinces.
Spiritwaiting
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
Your Welcome Miracles, yes it's talking to kids here commenting on this site but sometimes these comments can be very helpful to someone and specially some valuable lines are always retained by the users. Its just because of this YGS that people now feel free to share unbelievable experiences like this. 😊 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
girl25 - your story leaves me wondering what you really believe about doppelgangers. You indicated you believe they are a bad omen, yet each time you've seen one nothing really bad has happened. I realize a lot of people believe doppelgangers to be a forewarning of death. I don't believe that. I saw a doppelganger and, like your mom, nothing bad has happened.

There are a lot of stories about doppelgangers on our site. If it would put your mind at ease, look some of them up. It's not always bad 😊

Oh, don't break the mirror. I'm not superstitious but even I wouldn't do that 😆
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
Leaving the place won't do anything as its not an ordinary residual haunting. Its the case of some demonic doppleganger. Just remember God.

Thanks For Sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: