You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted in Low Income Housing

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted in Low Income Housing

 

This has to be the most significant haunting that not only I experienced but my whole family. This happened years ago. I was living in Connecticut at the time with my sister, her son who was 2 and my son who was 2 also. I was pregnant with my daughter at the time. We had moved into a very nice 4 bedroom apartment.

When we first moved in, everything was how should we say normal. About 6 months of living in this apartment, very strange things started to happen. The cabinet doors in the kitchen would be open in the morning when we knew that we closed them the night before, and the hall light would never work no matter who fixed it, we even had the management of the complex have an electrician man check it out, even he said there should be no reason for the light not to work. These things just made my sister and I sort of laugh.

But a couple of months went by and our experiences started to become even more strange, even scary. Our sons bedroom was always freezing no matter how high we had the heat, my son would not sleep in it at all I could put him in there and he would cry and scream; I hadn't slept alone for a long time (lol). And our downstairs' closet always smelt like kerosene which really scared us into calling the fire department. They couldn't explain the smell but told us that it wouldn't harm us (they ran different carbon tests).

Well one night when my mom babysat my nephew while my sister was at work, she was sitting on the couch reading and my nephew was supposedly sleeping in the freezing room. My mom heard him talking to someone, when she went to check on him, he was sitting up in his bed, she asked him who are you talking to? He said the mean bubbi (yiddish for grandmother) in the window told me she would be back, now to remind you he is only two, maybe two and a half. My mom was freaked. When she told me this story, it sent chills down my spine. I do have more stories about this apartment. I feel that I made this story long enough but I really feel that this was more significant then some of the others. I wish I did some research on this apartment. I can only imagine the history. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Other hauntings by carrie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, carrie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-03)
Very interseting story. I am sure you have heard that children are often more open to paranormal phenomenon than adults. It may very well have been that your nephew did see the 'entity' that was residing with you in your apartment. I would be very curious as to the history of the building and the property the building is located on.

I, and I am certain other readers are very interested in hearing further accounts of your living in this apartment.

God Bless! 😁
carrie (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
MA is haunted with all kinds of interesting history. But this happens to be in CT which I have to say has a haunting history as well
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
I live in MA too... Haunted little state isn't it? LOL. I agree a fire would may have taken the life of someone in the home
carrie (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
The neighborhood surprisingly was not that bad. But who know's what happened in the past. I do know that the whole town has a lot of history itself. Alot of Indian tribes resided there. The housing itself has been around for a long time. But I must say curiosity has been killing the cat for quite some time now.
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-25)
I agree with white buffalo, I too lived in low income housing, and some terrible things happened there; shootings,murders,rapes and the like, so it is possible the apt. May have picked some of these negative 'vibes' Perhaps a blessing will put some of it to rest. 😐
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-24)
The title is Haunted in Low Income Housing. I have to say, I work as a home companion and some of the people I help are in low income housing. If Shane is wrong, (hey, try all angles, right?) what about the idea of how many negative things occur in low income housing? It sounds as if this was a nice place to live, save the experience recorded here, but people do do desperate things in tight living quarters. Just a thought. A fire would explain the woman at the window though.
carrie (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-23)
Thank you all for responding. 😁 I could handle most of the occurences but the kerosene smell is what concerned me the most and the fact that one of these entities was really scaring the kids.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-23)
Hi Carrie. That is really creepy, about the mean Bubbi and how she said she would be back! I know what you mean, not having your bed to yourself. My son refuses to sleep in his room too. My husband and I haven't had our bed to ourselves since our son was two. You should find out the history of the property and the building. I'm assuming you don't live their any more? Thank goodness for you! Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
carrie (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-23)
I live in MA right now but I might be able to have my Sister check it out. Or when I visit my family in CT. Thank you for the possiblities as to what might have happened there.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-23)
Hi carrie. I wonder, if you're near the area, would you be able to check the records department, at this point in time, to see what you could find? I think they are public records (not positive about it). Shane has a good theory, about the fire. It could be that something connected to the previous use of the land has to do with what was happening. I'm looking forward to some more about what was happening there. Thanks for sharing your story.
carrie (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-23)
I know I tried asking other neighbors if anything happened. But no one knew anything. All I can say is that place is very active.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-23)
It is too bad that you didn't get any of the history of the apartment complex. Sounds as if a fire may have broken out there and taken the life of the lady who resided in that apartment. But that is just my theory. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: