You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadow In The Doorway

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow In The Doorway

 

At the age of 21, I was living with my parents and younger brother (who, at the time, was a high school junior) who depended on me to wake him up for school because he could sleep through an alarm clock.

Being off work this one morning, I decided to go back to bed after I was certain he was awake. The house we lived in at the time was rather odd, because the walls in the two upstairs bedrooms (which belonged to my brother and I respectively) and the upstairs bathroom did not touch the ceilings so you could hear people talking from any of the three rooms. That being said, as I laid in my bed, I began to feel as if I were being watched and rolled over to face my bedroom door (which was located on the wall running parallel to my bed) and saw it open with (who I assumed to be) my younger brother standing in the doorway, staring at me.

"Close my damn door!" I yelled in utter annoyance, simply wishing to go back to sleep, but the figure didn't move. "Close my door and get ready for school!" I yelled again, now fully awake and pissed beyond belief that-instead of getting ready for school-he was standing in my doorway watching me. As I saw what (once again, I assumed) looked like my Burmin cat run into the room, I finally got a response, in the form of my brother yelling from the bathroom.

"I am getting ready! And your door isn't even open!" He yelled over the wall. I jumped out of bed and saw that the door was, in fact, closed.

"I JUST saw you standing in the doorway! The cat is in my room as proof!" I screamed, looking around the room only to find that my cat was not in the room, after all.

"Haylie, I think you need to go back to sleep; you're seeing things." He called again, laughing slightly at my obvious panic as I mumbled to myself about how I had seen the cat run in.

"Yeah. Maybe." I know what I saw and that it was not a hallucination. My question is, what could the figure have been? And why had I seen the shape of an animal darting into the room?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kentucky_believer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kentucky_believer (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-05)
sds This happened only once. I had another experience in this house, but it didn't seem connected to this.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-05)
Hi kentucky_believer, thanks for sharing this curious experience of yours. Did it happen only once or did it recur? Quite strange. I thought it was a vivid dream and that your brother answered to your yelling in your dreams. But you were awake at that time. Quite strange. If there had been any other connected encounters, please do share.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
bluebear09099 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-04)
I believe what you saw is a shadow person. They frequently stand and watch in doorways, and can turn into animal apparitions. If I were you, I'd research more about shadow people as a lot is unknown about them. I actually saw one in my doorway the other day and freaked out. I wish you luck. 😳
RedBlackRosemama (34 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
Could be dopple gangle your cat's spirt made had been out of body experience during sleep and not sure about the shadow that you thought your brother you say he was in bathroom get ready for school could be somethings there from another side (spirt world)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: