You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Dead Pet

Real Ghost Stories

Dead Pet

 

This story is not particularly scary as the spirit is a loved one, but it is interesting I believe.

About a year and a half ago, my beloved pet rabbit died. He was my baby, never in a cage, and usually either wanting to cuddle with me or play with me. He had a very sweet personality, sometimes immediately warming up to people, sometimes never. People were surprised that a rabbit could be so intelligent and loving, but we had a very strong connection and bond.

Anyway, since he died I have had many dreams about him, even a few lucid dreams. Last night, I had two -- the first was horrible. I was unable to take care of him for some reason. He was stuck in a tiny cage, not adequately fed, and starting to get sick. It reminded of the feeling I had when he died, that I could not save him, watching him suffer... He died of a skin infection, misdiagnosed by the vet twice because he had no obvious cuts and the symptoms resembled other problems common in rabbits. By the time they figured it out, it was too late.

I woke up, disturbed, and thankful that he had left the earth and was not experiencing what he was in my dream!

After I fell back asleep, I dreamed that I had been able to save him. We were playing, he was happy to run after his confinement in a tiny cage! We snuggled just like old times. When I woke from this dream, I was happy, wondering if it was a message from him. The tiny cage being his earthly body, now his spirit is free and happy.

I had thought that my dreams of him may have been him coming back to visit me, his mommy, but could never be sure. Until I picked up his rock, a beautiful calcite geode that I showed him one day, that he latched onto. He immediately nuzzled it and rolled it ten feet into his corner, always rolling it back if I moved it. I kept it after he died. Anyway, I looked at it today, and I noticed black and white fur, very soft, next to it on my bedside table.

There is no way it could be there from old times, I have moved three times since and only got the table recently. I have no animals now, and the fur was not there last night. I know it's possible it came from another source, but it looks and feels exactly like his.

Any thoughts?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bunnybaby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bunnybaby (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-18)
Thank y'all for all the kind words:) I love when he visits me in my dreams. And I guess it is within their power to leave physical evidence, somehow, with a strong love bond! Bird droppings are very hard to ignore!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-14)
Bunnybaby,

I am sorry for your loss. When a beloved pet dies it's like losing a child. Only animal lovers understand this. I think that your bunny has been back to visit to make you feel better.

Regards
Red
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-08-10)
Sad for your loss. Animals can have souls. I believe your bunny is coming back repeatedly, trying to tell you something, warn you. Please think, did anyone have something against you or your pet? His loving spirit cannot rest while you are possibly in danger and/or lack some insight you need, I believe.
unknown101 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-05)
Sad story Bunnybaby, so sorry for your loss.He's in the beautiful place right now.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-05)
Welcome to YGS, Bunnybaby.

Nothing can tear your heart out like a fatal misdiagnosis, especially when the doctor or vet is doing his/her level best to save your loved one or pet. When the symptoms mimic those of a more likely candidate, it can take ages to find the true culprit. I'm very sorry to read of your loss. I'm glad your rabbit not only left you physical evidence, but also visited your dreams to communicate with you; he sounds as though he was a very happy rabbit indeed.

Best,
Biblio.

P.S.: Tweed mentioned "bird droppings," so I thought I'd include the link to that. It's db's response about 2/3 down the comments thread on one of Val's narratives: www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22770
RedBlackRosemama (34 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
So sorry to hear about your bunny I lost my cat as in later time I found her lose claw on the rugs and I keep safe in the little box for safe keep. I loves animals and I always cry when it died.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
This is a bittersweet story Bunnybaby. I think it's cool your little nutterfluffer was a "rockhound. ❤

Your first dream seems to show your worry over him and he came to you in the second dream to reassure you he's doing fine.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Like Tweed said, welcome these gifts. You'll never forget them. 😊
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
Wasn't me Tweed. The only droppings I find are whatever remnants of what the cat has brought in and chewed up. Ugh... He's the messiest eater! 😆
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
Hi Bunny,

I'm really sorry for your loss, losing a pet SUCKS SO BAD!

Well, I don't understand how it happens but I have to admit I've experienced the same since my cat passed. Technically he was Mum's cat and lived with her but that cat and I were like *THIS* and he sort of became my boy. However, he never lived with me and I don't have any other pets. I never used to find his fur at my place while he was alive and when it started showing up I explained it away. Saying stuff like 'Oh yeah, I'm just noticing now'
Mum's dog's been gone for years and she finds dog fur still. In the dog's old basket and on her bed covers, in the spot the dog used to sleep on her bed. I found this very hard to swallow but she was positive it was something paranormal. So one time while I was staying with her I staked out her bed. Inspecting it every morning to be sure no dog fur was there, then inspecting it again in the evening. Sure enough one evening a damn dog fur was on the bed.

Cat hair can be blown about and stick to stuff for years making it easy to explain away. Just like rabbit fur for that matter. But that dog fur I couldn't explain. The dog was/is a terrier with wire like fur, very rough and dense. Not the sort that could be carried by air movement.

Another member here (I think Goatpuller or Fergie? I can't remember), anywhoo whoever it was said in the comments to something once that they continue to find bird droppings after their bird passed. BIRD DROPPINGS for heavens sake! Now THAT is truly fascinating stuff.

Our pets love us just as we love them. I believe that's why they drop in on us from time to time.
I WISH I knew how they're able to drop fur and other parcels lol. It defies the laws of physics that's for sure. As a pet lover I welcome it and I hope you do too. ❤
roylynx (guest)
+3
8 years ago (2016-08-02)
Wow, this is another interesting one.
Yes, stories of fury friends/ family are very very heart warming, it always makes my eyes wet, I am not crying (sniff, sniff)

So sorry that your little one is gone but by reading your story, I am sure it is now in a better place, feeling no pain, no sadness, please don't feel sad for your little one, it wants you to be happy.

Blessings from São Paulo

E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: