You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: An Imaginary Friend

Real Ghost Stories

An Imaginary Friend

 

When I was a little girl, I had an imaginary friend, like most little kids do. I called her Gena. We would play together and such. My mother never thought anything about it, as her friends children had them too. But as I got into kindergarten and started getting more friends, I decided I didn't need her anymore. I remember telling her to leave... but she wouldn't. I would get so upset and tell my mother. My mom told me to tell her to leave and if she wouldn't she would come up herself and tell her to leave. I went upstairs to tell her (I don't remember what I said exactly)... but I knew she didn't leave. My mom came upstairs and told her to leave, but I told her she didn't. My mom just tucked me into bed and told me we would do it again tomorrow. She bugged me the whole night keeping me up.. I was so angry. Finally after I ignored her she left. I was very happy and relieved.

When I turned 18, I flew over to England to see my Grandmother and other family. I was looking through one of my Aunts old family albums and came across this picture of this little girl. She looked familiar, like I had seen her before. I asked my Aunt who she was and she told me it was her cousin, who had died at the age of only 8. I asked of her name and she said Eugena. I was startled! I told her of the imaginary friend I had and how I called her Gena. My family is very spiritual and she said it was probably her cousin visiting with me.

When I returned to the states, I told my sister. I didn't live with her when I was little because she lived with her father. She said she had one and she called her GG. I also told my cousin and she had one who she called Eu(u). We believe it was the same little girl who just wanted to meet us and play with us. We don't think of it as a bad thing, when we think back, we realize it was a family member who just wanted to meet us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

llyr (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
I think this is a really sweet story! Anyways don't feel bad about sending her away. Its only natural when she bugged you that night^^ also it may have been a chance for her to visit your sister or other relatives, you never know:)
SwanVince (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
I had one too. Her name was Kate or Katie. She liked both. She couldn't walk either. One day she was in her wheel chair and waved goodbye. I think she is my guardian angel. When I can sumbit my story I will give more details. Thanks for sharing.
Midnightshadows (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Hey, I also wanted to tell you this. Two summers ago, my cousin Kate and I were playing in my grandma's yard. We kept thinking we were seeing a woman with black hair and a blue dress out of the corner of our eyes. I don't know if it was Sally, and the thought is beginning to scare me.
Midnightshadows (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Wow! I wonder if that happened to me. When I was really little, I had an imaginary friend. I told my everyone she was my little sister. Her name was Sally. She appeared when I was about 2 or 3. I'm not 13 and just recently discovered that my mother had a miscarriage when I was about that age. I remember what the little girl looked like perfectly. She had a yellow dress, with black buttons, and lace around the neck. Her shoes were blue. Her hair was black in pigtail, sometimes a ponytail. I've began to wonder if this is my little sister that never got to be. I've seen her since then, but I don't feel threatened.
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
That is so cute, how she would come back just to play with you guys! You are so lucky to of had the experience, maybe if you think hard enough she'll come back.
Take care,
Chrono 😳
cordelia207 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-24)
I think it was a good idea that you asked her to leave early on. It would have been a lot more harder to tell her to leave if she got more attached and when you asked her to leave she probably moved on to her family. Thanks for the story I enjoyed reading it!
CJ (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-28)
Wow, you met your relative, told her to leave, and then just found she was like your auntie or something. I agree with Janice. Maybe you should've been a little nicer but if she didn't listen to you then I don't blame you at all. (I had an imaginary friend until I was 6th grade and her name was Bernadette.) But that's kind of sad too. She died at 8 years old. Do you think you could find out why and comment back? I'm really interested in this kind of stuff. You know, the supernatural world. Well, have a great week. You should try reading my story, "Strange Things Happening in my Apartment."
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-06)
Hey Katrina, I don't think that you should have forced her out of your house, I think that you should have been a little nicer, unless you already tried that at first, but the little spirit seemed angry, like if in someway you were mean, but I'm not trying to be rude or evil or some kind of smarty- pants. Well, I guess you had a good reason to kick her out and that is one very mischevious girl if she didn't do what you said and especially when she didn't listen to your mother! I would have too yelled at her and been mean if I were you too, so I can't blame you for anything. She was most likely probably a family member though, but that time you didn't know. Well, your not the only one, I had an imaginary friend when I was younger, too!! Well, hey good bye for now, good luck and have a great week!!!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: