You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My "imaginary" Friend

Real Ghost Stories

My "imaginary" Friend

 

When I was younger, around 3, my dad was walking our dog in a park. My dad's side of the family has always been sensitive to ghosts and such, so he could tell something was following him, but he didn't put much thought into it, thinking it was just curious about the dog or something. When he got home, he had pretty much forgotten about.

About 2 weeks later, my mom started complaining about feeling something in the basement, and a shadow on the wall following her on the walls, one that wasn't her shadow. And sure enough, soon I started hanging out with a little girl named "Samantha" or something. For a few weeks we played peacefully, and my dad didn't care. But one day I started jabbering about how Samantha said she was going to burn our house down.

My dad was worried, obviously, that she might be a harmful spirit. So he went down to the basement to talk to her, and as he did, he started to feel something behind him. He turned around, and a little girl of about 7 was behind him. She looked perfectly normal, but she had "fire" around her. I say "fire" because it wasn't really there, more like a ghostly image. She looked angry and walked off into the furnace room (yeah, yeah, I know, how stereotypical). My dad was mad and concerned at this point and forced the spirit out of the house. For a little while, I was sad, but I got over it pretty quickly.

Does anyone think this was more than a wandering spirit? Perhaps it was something eviler?

To give you an idea of our basement, one half was the garage, and the stairs were in the middle, it was unfished. So you walk down the stairs, and you are facing the outermost wall. The garage is on your right, and a regular basement is on your left. In the back of the regular basement was an odd store-room that was always cold, a furnace room, and other little utility closets.

As a child, I was fine with going into the basement alone, but never went to the second floor alone, the only time I went up there was with the cat or another person. I often had nightmares and was deathly afraid of the closet upstairs. The reason this is important is that I was fine with going up there with Samantha, so it wasn't just a childish fantasy, she was real, or I wouldn't go up there. I have had more imaginary friends, but I'll save them for another story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AnnieLouise, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AnnieLouise (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
Thank you Spiritual_Paganist! I'll definitely try my best.

❤ Annie
Spiritual_Paganist (15 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-03)
Annie.

Ohhh right, well I'm glad you got rid of the enitity, Hope you stay safe
-S.P
AnnieLouise (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-03)
Sorry it took me awhile, I was not aware this had been published, but some things that I did not mention but may be important are 1) we moved out of that house when I was 3, and 2) my dad said she didn't feel evil, but as you mentioned, maybe only mad or frustrated about something. But she was scaring us, so he got rid of her.

❤ Annie
Spiritual_Paganist (15 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-31)
Great story. Maybe check the history of the house to see if there were any previous owners or if there has been a fire on the property in the past. The child ghost could have been just wandering and maybe them saying the house is going to burn down, it could be a past related incident. The fact that they were angry probably she didn't like your dad communicating to her, maybe however he approached her could have either invaded her space or triggered something. Now again, being scared and knowing it, creating a fearful atmosphere that can cause a slight sense of delusion and a mis interpretation of what is there or not. But if there is a unexplainable presence or feeling that you can not get rid of, a strongest indicator is usually a sickening or stomach curling feeling. Then that may be a strong possibility something is there. But always keep a clear mind and if you really dislike the atmosphere, there's no harm in doing a cleansing. But again, make sure what your feeling is real.
roylynx (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-28)
Interesting one, but I don't think the entity is evil at all, don't fear it.
Fear, is what messes your reality most of the time. Calm yourself, think of the facts, and you will not have to deal with the spirit at all, most of the time I said. If you feel you need to do a cleansing of your choice. Also, placing crystals, cleaning your place, changing the environment helps too.

E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: