You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Imaginary Friend Or Guardian Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

Imaginary Friend Or Guardian Angel?

 

This is two different short stories that happened long ago.

The first story is about when I was a baby (less that 1 year old) so basically, I didn't really know what happened. My parents and my Aunt and uncle are the one's that told me this story.

When I was a baby, me and my parents live in the city called Manila in the Philippines. The house was big. And by big, I mean big enough to live by 3-4 family that time. There was 1 bedroom on 1st floor and 5 bedroom on 2nd floor. The house was big because my parents said my grandparents on my father side wish their kids to live together with their family in one house. My father has 6 other siblings so they are planning to build the house until 4th floor. At that time, the house only has 2nd floor and is still on construction little by little. The people who live there are my parents and other siblings of my father and their family. So basically we were like 8-10 people in the house.

Me and my parents are sleeping in one room on 2nd floor. They don't like the idea of letting me sleep on the crib by myself, so they said that when I was a baby, they usually put me in the middle of their bed when they sleep. Like my mom is on the right side of the bed, my father on left side, and I was on the middle. I don't know why they did that maybe I was their 1st child and only so...

One morning, when my mother woke up, she said that she was confuse and got nervous. Because when she woke up and look at the middle of the bed where I am, I was gone. My mother said that when she notice I am not on the bed, she got scared that maybe I might have fallen under the bed. So she quickly look beside and under the bed but I'm not there. She said that I was less than a year old that time, and didn't know how to crawl yet. So when she realize I was gone, she woke my father up. And of course, I was raised as daddy's girl so my father got frantic too.

They said that at that time, their 1st thought was one of his siblings or people in the house have taken me while they're sleeping. So they open the door of the room. The door was still lock on inside. They went to my father's siblings and wake them all up, each room (their room is also on 2nd floor), asking if they entered my parents' room and took me. And to surprisingly, all of the people in the house just woken up that morning and no one knows where I am. My parents got scared and that they thought that maybe I was kidnap or something. They said at that time they were planing to report it to the police.

But too strange, when my parents, uncles and aunts are going down the stairs to go to the 1st floor, they saw me sitting on a couch in the living room. And since I can't sit alone yet, they said that my back was sticking on the couch then, so that I won't fall from my back while sitting. They said that they saw me laughing, and looking at my right side staring like I was seeing someone or something beside me. And on top of that, I was holding a lollipop on my right hand while laughing.

My parents rush towards me and pick me up. The front door and gate of the house was still lock. No one can come in the house from the outside. Till this day, that experience remained mystery to them. Like how did I climb down their bed, open the door of their room, go down the stairs, climb on the couch and sit there? And most importantly, where the lollipop come from? Because at that time, nobody in the house has a lollipop at hand.

The second story is not about me. It's about my cousin on my mother side when he was 3 years old. I was in elementary at that time. Again, I don't know what really happened. My aunt, uncle, grandparents, and some people are the one who witness it. They only told me the story.

They said that one time they are on the beach swimming. Like you know, family bonding and stuff. They said that my cousin are playing in the sand with other children. And of course, adults have there own world, talking, cooking, drinking, and stuff, when one child came to them and said that my cousin has disappeared. They ask the child what do you mean disappeared? The child said that my cousin just run away, they didn't know why.

So they got confuse and tried to find him. They look and look and he's still missing. The beach is more like a private beach, not much tourist at that time they said so it should be easier to find my cousin in less people but they still couldn't find him. In the rest house, playground, washroom, cottage, they still couldn't find him. They even have thought that maybe he swim alone and might have drown. So they have someone look into the water too.

They were looking for like 30 minutes, when suddenly one of the rescuer said he found him. The rescuer was holding my cousin in his arms fully fine. My uncle and aunt hug my cousin and ask him what happen and where did he go? My cousin said that, "There's a white man, and he ask me to play with him. So I played with him." My aunt asked who's the white man? My cousin said he doesn't know, and that he said that he still want to play with the white man, but the man said to him that my cousin's parents are looking for him so he needs to go back.

The rescuer found my cousin standing beside the beach looking and staring at the sea, laughing and waving like somebody was there and he's saying goodbye, but there's nobody was there. And on his right hand, he's holding a lollipop. My cousin said, "The white man gave it to me."

Till this day, I was wondering... What's with the lollipop?

Other hauntings by FNoblesse

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FNoblesse, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-08)
Aww I would like to think they are friendly and love children
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-12-02)
Wow, Fence_sitter, what a connection! Here is a link to a synopsis of the movie (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/T2_ (2010_film)). If it really was as solidly based on tradition as you say, then the OP's experiences are quite well within that scope. Here is a link to an individual's work in attempting to prove the existence of these entities (https://www.aswangproject.com/engkanto-anitos-science/) Not knowing their credentials, I can't speak to the article's validity but the ideas are interesting and germane to the OP's experiences.

Page 107 of the "Encyclopedia of Fairies in World Cultures" has an entry on the Enkanto and their female counterparts, Diwata. According to this source, these entities were originally revered as gods but are now viewed as tree dwelling fairies/elementals possessed of an ageless otherworldly beauty. They protect the environment blessing those who do so and cursing those who do not. Fishermen sacrifice to them after a good haul.

So far I can't find anything about absconding with children (though one source mentioned a similar entity with a penchant for pretty women) or of any specific gift giving behavior - however, sometimes the internet is sorely lacking in folk history etc. Western fairy traditions are rife with tales of them making off with one poor sap or another -children as often as not- sometimes leaving behind tokens... Sometimes a changeling. These individuals are typically (though certainly not always) returned though not always to the right time. Given that people round the world have far more commonalities than differences - perhaps fairies could be similar in that respect.

More and more, I think the fairy theory makes sense!
fence_sitter (4 stories) (27 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-27)
BTW, I am Filipino and I would like to post a comment about the "lollipop" involvement in this story. In 2010, a local movie entitled "T2" about engkantos (i.e., fairies) showed how these elementals gave gifts to their preferred children "guests" in the form of lollipops and dolls. In this movie, the targeted orphan girl was given lollipops on two occasions, the last being a fridge filled with this type of candy. The film was allegedly well researched and completed by a famous Filipino director and film outfit... I wonder if somebody could fill in on this. Just my two cents worth. Peace
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-26)
FNoblesse -

Maybe it's a deceased relative that comes and meets the little ones in the family. He seems friendly and gives you treats so it doesn't appear he means any harm.
FNoblesse (5 stories) (17 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-25)
LuciaJacinta,

I don't really know about what kind and colour of the lollipop involved. They didn't get to that details when they told me this story.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-25)
Strange connection. Were they the same color lollipop? It must have come from somewhere. I don't know how a spirit can materialize sweets. Really makes me wonder.
FNoblesse (5 stories) (17 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-25)
Twilight1011,

Like i've mention to Lady-glow, Before and after this incident happened in our house, there is no activity/disturbances happening at all. You could say that this is the first and last that something unexplained situation happened in that house. So what happened to me in that house is new to them.

The beach they went on is in the province and they're just taking a vacation. It's more like 1 day beach bonding. The house when I was a baby was in the City called Manila. The beach and the house is 1 hr. Flight by plane. So it's not the same property. It's actually pretty far.

And since adults have there own way... They just brush it of like maybe it's guardian angle or our ancestors visiting their grandchildren... They really didn't think much of it since we were back safe and unharmed.
FNoblesse (5 stories) (17 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-24)
Lady-glow,

Before and after this incident happened in our house, there is no activity/disturbances happening at all. You could say that this is the first and last that something unexplained situation happened in that house.

But white man, I don't really know what is it because my cousin is so little at that time, but base on his knowledge about that time, we guess that the white man, is a man wearing a white T-shirt. It can't be skinned white person because most people in the Philippines is Tan-skinned and he didn't know that there's a literally white skin person yet at that time. So, we only guess that he only described the person he saw by his shirt or what colour he's wearing, which most kids will do.
FNoblesse (5 stories) (17 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-24)
iamthesecretuser,

I don't have anything beside the story I post here. That's the only thing my parents and other relatives have told me. Even them don't know how to explain it. They just think that maybe it's a guardian angel or ancestor visiting us. Something like that. They didn't really think much of it since they said, were safe and unharmed.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-24)
That is a very unnerving experience 😨 as a parent, I would have had a full on panic mod over waking up, and not seeing my baby beside me, much less not even in our locked room! Them finding you downstairs, in the living room, sitting upwards on the couch with a lollipop, would have me even more freaked out as to how all of that was even possible in the first place. The only thing I could think of, to make any kind of since to what happened, was the possibility of a spirit being involved. But to think about one being able to go to the extremes that happened, would not make me feel comfortable. I couldn't help but think about all the bad things that could have happened to my baby. Did anything else happen in this home, before or even after this incident happened? Even if it's something small like seeing things move about in the corner of your eyes, or things opening and closing that others claimed not to have done, or items moving/disappearing that came up somewhere that was said wasn't there before? Because generally when something of this measure happens in a home, there's normally a build up of the little things first. The beach you said that you and your family was on, was more like a private beach area, does that mean that this area was apart of the property that ya'll stayed on, in the home you said you were moved in as a baby? I ask because if the spirit you believed that moved you as a baby to the living room, was also the same one that got your cousin to run off from the family, I feel it's possible to be the same one, if it is on the same property. Otherwise it's harder to understand how it was able to venture away from where it normally resides, unless it's one of those cases that it's attached to someone in your family, but I don't feel that that's really the case with this one. Sorry for yet another long write, hope you'll be able to answer my questions, so I can get a better understanding on what happened. Which is a very scary experience for a parent to go through.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-23)
It would be pointless to ask if the white man playing with your cousin was the same entity taking you from your parents' bed, they didn't see it and you were way too little as to remember its appearance. That sure was a creepy and puzzling experience.
Do you know if there was any more activity/disturbances at the house after this incident?

By a 'white man', do you mean a Caucasian person or the male equivalent to the ghosts that you Filipinos call 'white ladies'?

Thanks for sharing.
iamthesecretuser (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-23)
To be honest I think you have a case of a poltergeist I've heard stories where a poltergeist would move objects but not people and the lollipop could I don't what to say about it other than the poltergeist stole or had one handy that really condused me are there any more details you could tell me about anything else out of the ordinary you rember them telling you
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-23)
🤔 Something tells me that, whatever is going on here, the lollipop is important. Of course, given all the wars fought in and around the Philippines, and how many soldiers and sailors there were, finding one with a fondness for lollipops will take a bit of digging.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: