You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Not-so Imaginary Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Not-so Imaginary Friend

 

My name is Jo, I am turning 20 this year (2015) and my encounters started long before I could remember. While I was in year 5, my little brother used to talk about a small aboriginal girl who was his friend and we all, of course, assumed he had an imaginary friend. Why not, right?

One morning I woke up early for school and went in to wake up my little brother. From the moment I opened his door, my world changed forever and I knew the girl wasn't imaginary for right at the foot of my brother's bed stood a young aboriginal girl who couldn't have been more than 5. Her hair was bright white and her skin was very dark, I must have scared her (funny right?) because she soon disappeared. After that morning I seen plenty of this little girl watching over my little brother and she kind of comforted me knowing that when I wasn't there, she would be.

A couple of years later and about a year before high school, my family and I moved into a new house and we were told that it was once a church. Naturally, my family took no notice of this seemingly useless tidbit and for a while, neither did I.

At first there were little things, like doors opening on their own and it wasn't long before I started to notice shadows moving and things started falling over with no wind. Unlike my first encounter, this spirit did not seem to want to show itself so I never got a proper look at it.

My first real clue that it was really something was that one night my older sister had been frightened (which doesn't happen easily). So frightened that she wanted to swap rooms with my younger brother. She complained about hearing things breaking and people whispering, knowing she was afraid gave me the shivers.

Another poster on the sight by the name of Fallen_Comet has been my best friend for a very long time and we were friends while I was living in this house. One day she slept over and I can't quite remember what it was that we were doing, but we were in my room and all of a sudden she froze. "What's wrong?" I asked her. She was staring at a framed poster of flowers I had up on my wall and she said that she could have sworn that she seen a person in the painting or maybe something moving in the reflection but there was nothing there when I looked.

On another night my mum was having friends over and they were playing loud music. There was a stack of CDs in front of the TV, away from everyone. Suddenly the stack went flying across the room as if they were pushed with force. That is all that I can remember for now. I will post more as I remember the details.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, joey1807, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-01)
Eeek Joe, it's the 1st of April so everything you read today is filled with goofy words which weren't typed originally. Lol I suggest reading again in a day or so Hope that makes sense.
joey1807 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-01)
Hi Tweed,
Thanks for your input. I have never heard the word clown be used to describe this type of thing before, it is interesting to me. I will be sure to look up that film and watch it. It sounds very interesting.

Thanks,
Jo
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-21)
Hi Jo,

Hope you read this.
Your story reminded me of something I learned over Christmas. Had the pleasure of seeing a doco/film thing about Australian ghost stories. One of the stories talked about Aboriginal children having spirit children looking over them as protectors. The film is called 'The Darkside'.
If you're interested in tracking it down it's important to spell it "Darkside" one word. As separating the two words brings up all kinds of unrelated results.

I doubt the other things you experienced were connected to this though. More likely spirits connected to the former church. Perhaps the music playing when the CD stack went wasn't to their taste!
joey1807 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Yes comet, it was a nice place. But I think the strange things made it more interesting.
Fallen_Comet (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
I really liked that old church even though strange things were happening. 😁
joey1807 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Hi guys,

Lynev, I never thought of it that way haha. Thanks or your your input:)

Ifihadyou,
I lived in the house for about 7 years and moved out due to the landlord selling it as we were only renting. It didn't really feel like they wanted us to leave. Other than the music incident they didn't bother us much.

Jo.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Hello:

Perhaps the former church-goers didn't like the choice of loud music?
They maybe reacting to things that aren't congruent with their beliefs.

Kind Regards,
Lynev
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Interesting. How long did you live in the house? If you're not currently there, what made you move? Churches are known and believed to be able to host spiritual activity due to the amount of energy left behind in such a holy place. I wonder if they thought people shouldn't be living in the church?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: