You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Aggressive Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

Aggressive Shadow Man

 

All my life I've been able to see paranormal entities. Well I've been seeing shadow men for a while and never thought anything of it. I've never felt threatened by them. They were never interested in me. They just walked around as if they were looking for something.

A couple nights ago me and my boyfriend were in a dead sleep. It was about 2:30 in the morning when all of a sudden I was woken up by something pounding their fist on the end of my bed.

It was so powerful. I froze. I didn't know what to do. I looked straight at him. I could see the outline of a man. He was about 6 foot tall and pitch black. It pounded on the bed about 5 times. Then he disappeared. I had never felt more terrified in my life. The feeling it gave me was complete horror. It gave me the feeling that it wanted to hurt me.

It was like it was feeding off my fear. I felt like it had been watching me sleep, then did that to scare me. Shadow men have never messed with me until now. I feel like I'm being watched all the time. I have to sleep with the light on.

Even then I still wake up constantly in fear that it's standing there watching me. I can't even be by myself for very long at night. I have become so scared of the dark. I just know it's going to come back and do something worse. I've heard of shadow men being very aggressive but I didn't think it would happen to me.

Earlier that day I had seen one walking around out of the corner of my eye. He didn't look at me but instead just walked down the hallway. This time he was a smokey grey. If anyone can tell me more about shadow men and what they might want for me, please comment. Thank you.

Other hauntings by BrittBass01

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BrittBass01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-06)
BrittBass & Mark

Poltergeists and Shadow people are 2 separate things.

A Poltergeist is caused by teenage angst which starts when puberty starts. The good news is you outgrow it, the better news is not every teen goes through this.

Shadow people are spirits that show up in shadow form. I've never seen one but I suppose they are like regular spirits. Some are malevolent, some people think they are guardians, some tricksters. But on the whole they are spirits NOT Poltergeists.

Regards
Red
Justjess (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-04)
Hi Britt, I have seen the shadow people as well. Since I was 14 years old. I have a similar story as yours it's called Watchers on the side of my bed if your interested. I didn't see 1 but 2 and the were small and completely black and wearing the out line of a hat and the other a dress or robe. They were watching me sleep as well and I have no clue why? I mean who are we that these things notice us and for what purpose? The only thing I can tell you is that I feel that they may be evil and attracted to us because of something spiritual that's inside us, people who see these things. I sincerely hope that one day we are able to find out who they are and why they are creeping around us like some kind of supernatural perverts. I hear that using the name of Jesus can make them leave although I haven't tried that myself. There is a documentary on YouTube about shadow people but I can't remember what it's called, but if you look for it I'm sure you'll find it. Good luck.
mark (8 stories) (23 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-03)
I read your story about the poltergeist and this, and I think both are the same things. In my opinion, and experience I've had, poltergeists typically are forerunners to hauntings or are the beginning of a haunting. First thing would be to document all these events, write down what occurs and the time it occurs. Secondly, research where you live, the previous owners, ask around. I wouldn't start to dabble in EVPs and other things to communicate with the entity. You should be in fact finding mode for now. I've had similar experiences to you all my life, and I'm convinced that the spirit world and our world operate in parallel, most who can see spirits, don't allow them to see them. Its the equivalent to being in a party where no one knows you. You can walk around and no one will acknowledge you (the spirit world), if you know someone or someone recognizes that you know them, they tend to latch on either to communicate or sometimes worse depending on the nature of the entity. Like I said, first, I would try to figure out a rational explanation to this, there may not be one. The other question is how is your faith? Reason I ask, is that if you are one to see spirits, you will see good ones and you will see evil ones as well, you need to have a strong foundation so the evil ones don't latch onto you.
twelveam (74 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-02)
Hi BrittBass01,

What you're going through sounds very frightening! I don't know how often you and your boyfriend sleep in the same bed, but has he ever seen or sensed this shadow person as well? Do you see these shadow people all over, or mainly just at your place of residence? You are totally right about spirits "FEEDING" off of your fear, they do! I would suggest trying to set up a video camera and record yourself sleeping for many nights to try and get more information as to understand what is really going on and possibly WHY. It very well could be that you being able to see these shadow people is a unique thing, like you are extra sensitive to the other side. There's obviously SOME reason this thing appeared and pounded your bed that night. Sometimes spirits are trying innocently to get a persons attention to either deliver a message and even trying to keep that person safe in a situation, for example: someone gets woken up out of a sleep by an entity and the person thinks they are being haunted but in reality there may have been a problem like a fire was about to start or an intruder getting ready to break in and the entity is getting the persons attention so they are awake to intervene with an unsafe situation unfolding. I'm not saying that this is exactly what is going on in your case, but it is something to consider. It's important to understand why things happen the way they do in some cases to completely reveal WHY 5thoise things are happening. I wish you the best! God bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: