You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A House Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

A House Haunting

 

We hail from a small city close to Goa. After living in the crowded city like Bangalore for about four years, then coming back to my roots always feels amazing. This incident happen to me as soon after I came back from Bangalore and decided stay with my parents as my brother was about to go Abroad and my parents would be left alone.

We were getting our house renovated, which is when we decided to shift to a house right in front of our residence so that we could easily monitor the renovation work. The house is a two floor building (Ground floor & top floor). Growing up me and my brother had always heard of the house being haunted from our neighborhood.

Initially, everything was going well. Things got weird one night when we all were sleeping, my mom woke up from a deep sleep feeling a strange presence in the room. As she opened her eyes, she saw a hand (from elbow to fingers, no body) moving near her head. She started screaming to which me & my brother woke to see there was nothing that could be seen. We tried consoling her but she was very much scared. Things got fine as the days went by. Mum also back to normal.

After a fortnight or so while we were sleeping we heard strange noise of footsteps coming from top floor. It was like a person who is having difficulty is walking with a stick. Nobody among us had the guts to go see who it was, as it was already 2:30 AM. So we slept off. The very morning went to the top floor to have a look, to my surprise I found a stick and some Old Man's clothes and as soon as I held the clothes the stick which was kept in the corner of the room fell on the floor. So I left the things as it were and left the place.

A very creepy and the last thing that happened was, everyone were sleeping & I was not feeling sleepy so I was reading a novel. I had to go to the washroom which was at the outside of the house; I decided to go alone as I did not want to disturb my mom & my brother while sleeping. As I came out of the washroom I saw a woman dressed in a red saree with her hair open standing in front of me & laughing at me. I thought she must have been a guest who had come to my aunt's house & wanted to use the washroom I also smiled at her and left. I came back continued with the novel and slept off after sometime.

Next morning I asked mom if there is a guest at aunt's house she said 'NO'. I felt numb because there is no way anyone can come to the washroom area as it is always locked to keep the dogs away. Then, I narrated the whole incident the woman's attire to my mom & aunt. They were shocked to hear at first then they told me that the attire which I told them was exactly of the same lady who was killed by her husband & the last she was found hanging on the top floor of the same we were staying. And her husband has a problem with his leg & he used to walk with the stick.

After that we immediately shifted to another house until renovation. Till date mom sees that hand in her dreams. And, the worst part is, I have to see that house every single day as it is right in front of my residence.

Other hauntings by saher

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, saher, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-09)
AugustaM,
I have no clue about the significance of the red saree... But guess they can be seen in the last dress what they were while they die... M Still not sure about it... 🤔
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-06)
Hi Saher, It was a haunted experience, As it is a residual haunting these souls are attached to it so there is need to cleansed the house which will provide salvation to the soul. Also for your Mom tell her to read the Hymns of God before sleeping so that to keep bad dreams at bay. God Bless All
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-02)
Maybe it's just coincidence but I have read quite a few stories in this site from India involving apparitions of women wearing red saris - I wonder if there is some significance behind the pattern?
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-28)
Hi Lady Glow,
My apologies for the late reply... To answer your questions...
1. We are a very religious family so we thought that regular prayers would not let any harmful vibes harm us... We were aware of the rumours going on about the house, but we thought its just people cooking stories.

2. My aunt was staying in the same house and they had acquired the front portion room of the house.

3. Its been 10 long years this experience happen to me.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-19)
Hello saher: it must have been very scary for your mother to see that hand in the middle of the night!

I just want to ask some questions about your experience:

It seems to me that your parents were aware of the acts of violence that happened in the house but, were they aware of the rumours about it being haunted? If so, why did they decide to rent it?
If it is so easy to find a place for rent, why did they decide to move to a place where a murder took place?

Did your aunt and her family moved to the same house? Were they occupying the upper floor of the building? Is there a chance that your aunt or a member of her family was walking around the night you heard the footsteps?
Did the old murderer die in that house?
Did your father experience anything during the time you were living in the house?

How long has it been since you had this experience and what kind of help do you need?

I'm sorry for not offering any help and for asking so many questions, but I find your story a little confusing and would like to understand it better.

I'd appreciate your input.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: