You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Backyard Of My House

Real Ghost Stories

The Backyard Of My House

 

This all began recently when I came home from Bangalore after a very long time (3.5 years). I have a very big compound at the backside of the house which has fence and at the very end is the river and across the river is the burial ground.

The network near my area is very bad so I'll have to go the end of the compound (where the river is) if I have to check my watsapp also. So one fine night (11:51 PM to be specific) I was near the water and I felt a huge wind flowing very badly and the streets lights went off all of a sudden. I was scared because it is pitch dark you cannot even see where you walking at that time if the lights goes off.

As I was walking towards my house, which may be like 200 meters from the river, I felt like some cold presence around me and especially on my shoulder. I felt someone was walking behind me and kept its hand on my shoulder as a support. I turned around to see who it was but I could not see any one as it was pitch dark and I was using my phone's flash as a torch.

As I was nearing my house I saw a lady standing near a tree and talking to herself. I felt it might be my aunt talking over the phone (network issue). I started walking again, then to my shock I saw my aunt and mom sitting on the stairs and talking to each other as the lights had gone off. Then who was the lady I saw in my compound? Because there are only 3 ladies in the house. My mom, aunt & me and there is no way anyone can get into the compound as there are glasses at the top of the fence to keep the dogs away and also the main gate is locked after 10. 00 PM.

I started running towards the house and told my mum and aunt what had happened. They pulled me inside and shouted at me, saying that I am not supposed to go there at night as there was a lady who slipped and fell in the water and died. Many of the people, especially fishermen, have seen her at night in the waters asking for help.

That was the last time I went there at night.

Comments welcome.

Other hauntings by saher

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, saher, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-11)
Thank you sheetal... I am glad you liked my story. Stay Blessed 😊
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
Hi,saher nice story... I just remembered my granny's place in village where one have to go far to get mobile network... Enjoyed your story... Be safe...:)
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
Well don't do anything that would put yourself in danger- you SHOULD care about yourself! It may be better to leave it alone for now and who knows- maybe one day in the future when you're over in Bengalore again you'll just happen to see her. Spirits usually appear when you least expect it. Good talking to you and be safe! ❤
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
Thanx Trisha,

I honestly did not know what she wanted. But to know I have to go there at night again but scared if its safe. I don't care about myself but I live with my family so have to think about it.
Trischa_D (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
People always see ghosts when they least expect it. Maybe she was warning you and actually helping to guide you back home where you were safe. Cool story. Glad you're ok!
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
bloodshoteyez,

I have been staying at that place from my birth but have never known about that lady much, accept for the fact that she died in that water. But try to find more about her 😊
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
outofboxthinker,

It means the glasses are cut into pieces & put on the top on the fence when the cement is still wet so that the piece of glasses won't fall off when the cement is dry.
bloodshoteyez (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
Broken glass I think it was some folk use it here too on cement fences to keep away intruders.

Anyways saher that was a scary story hope you are never bothered by this entity anymore and hope you get your answers soon... Ghosts do tend to follow living persons one I know is a white lady following a man...

Maybe that lady has a message, if you want know about your place's history
outofboxthinker (1 stories) (14 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
just wandering but what do you mean there are glasses on your fence?...and how would they keep away dogs?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: