You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Odd Presence & Mystery Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Odd Presence & Mystery Cat

 

On two occasions I have noticed a white cat with a black bib (almost like the reverse of tuxedo cat colouring), in the kitchen. It's not an old house & only one family has lived here since it was built a few years ago. When I saw it the first time I was doing the dishes at the sink & looked towards the doors to see the cat sitting there looking at the glass door. When I saw it, it seemed so normal & unremarkable like it was always there. Except when I looked away it registered a moment later what I'd seen. I looked back to find it gone.

Yesterday I was in the kitchen again & looked towards the dining table to see one of my cats on the table, & the same white cat with a black bib under the table. Again, it only registered a couple of seconds after looking away that I don't have a cat like that & in fact have never seen such a cat in the area or in life. It is so weird how it doesn't register in my head as not being out of place while I'm looking at it but only when I look away does it hit me like a ton of bricks what I just saw. I also feel sometimes in this house like I go from being alone in the room, to there being a heaviness in the air that is almost painful. I'm not sure what to make of it & I have never really considered ghosts before I came here. I always reason them away & I can't seem to do that now. My gut tells me it's really there.

Another weird thing is that my dogs & cats occasionally look into a space in the room at random & appear to either follow something or stare intently. Both my Staffy & my Husky dogs have growled at something in mid air recently & won't stop doing so until it appears to leave. It really does creep me out & I've been feeling somewhat ill when this presence comes into the room I'm in. My head hurts & my limbs feel heavy. Any advice as to what this may mean?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WhiteWolf13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-04)
WhiteWolf13,

I agree with Randy.
The ground, the dirt, the area your home sits on has been occupied by so many others.
So it's definitely a possibility your home could have a few resident spirits lurking around.

The mysterious cat could be attracted to your home, because of your furry family members. And you don't seem to shoo it away, which may give it comfort and feel at home.

Sounds like a beautiful feline!

Now the feelings of pain when you know there's a presence around, it could be you are feeling the pain of one of the spirits.

I would try a cleansing and shield protection, as to help those spirits move on, and your home to become truly yours.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-02)
Have you tried speaking to the entity when you feel the oppression? I know opinions are split over the notion of verbally confronting spirits - some do it all the time and have just the results they were seeking, others say it's opening a Pandora's box. I'm more on the side of those who would simply caution the speaker to be very certain in their intentions - if you want the entity to ease up, make up your mind that that is precisely what you want, then speak firmly but politely and mean it. I know I sound like a broken record to anyone who has read my comments before but I truly believe the real strength behind any method you use to communicate with the paranomal is your own personal belief in its intention and efficacy.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2016-11-18)
Whiteworlf13,

Welcome to YGS and thank you for telling us your story.

As to what any of this means I do not have an answer for you.
That said
Many people make the mistake of thinking because a house is new or never had a death that a spirit can't take up residence or visit there.
That is simply not true. Remember that the ground your house sits on is ancient. Someone could have died on the very spot your kitchen floor is on now. You also have to consider what could have happened near where you live. While it may raise the percentage of a house being haunted if its 200 years old, had 15 families and 10 people die in it, that doesn't make it a requirement for having a ghostly visitation.
As for the cat. It could have been an outside cat that lived in the neighborhood.
One thing you said that really jumped out at me.
You stated that while you were looking at the cat certain things like not having that type of cat didn't occur or matter to you, I have heard this from several people that have been witness to full apparitions. That the person they saw looked totally normal but there was something odd about them that they couldn't figure out. Also said it was strange the way the apparition looked back at them. They all said they couldn't put a finger on it but there was something that was just different. Its almost as though when the living see what their subconscious mind knows to be a ghost, their conscious mind seems to go into a mild trance.

Anywho, Thank you for sharing and please continue to do so if anything more happens.

Have a great day
Randy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: