You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Grandparent's House And Its Ghosts?

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandparent's House And Its Ghosts?

 

I have another story here about my childhood. This one is actually happening now.

In September last year (2018), I moved into the house of my grandparents, since they moved into a nursing home. From the first day, I started hearing noises, especially from the attic. Also my cats could be in the hallway, at the beginning of the stairs, all three of them just looking to the top of the stairs. Since it was only noises, I thought "Okay, so be it, I can live with that".

At one point this year, I got a bit scared of them though. The noises were really loud, and then one of my cats was following or chasing something I couldn't see. She can do this running around, when she has too much energy she needs to get rid of, but this was different. Suddenly she stayed still at my legs (I was laying down in the couch) and followed something with just her head, until she kept still, staring right next to me. I kept calling her name, to get her to stop doing whatever she was doing, but she kept staring at the same spot next to me. So I kind of "kicked" her to make her stop. I didn't really kick her, I just pushed her a bit so she jumped out of the couch.

Then I heard the door from the storage room in the kitchen open and close, which couldn't happen because I always close the door. There is no heating in that room, so it's colder in there, but there's no wind.

Because this scared me a bit, I yelled out loud to the spirit, if there is one. I said things like that I don't mind living there with him, but that he has to acknowledge that I live there now. And that he should behave, otherwise he's not welcome and then he should leave. (I have read on this site that this helps a lot with some activity). And to be honest, since then, it all calmed down! I still hear noises and all, but not to a level that scares me.

I don't know if this would be the same ghost, but every day I also hear something like a bouncy ball from the attic. I have checked several times what this could be, but I don't find anything that can make this noise. This can happen at any time, several times a day.

A few weeks ago, I had my very first sleep paralysis. I was in bed, when I suddenly heard a noise I couldn't explain. I put on the light briefly, because I felt like there was someone else in the room. Of course, there wasn't. So I tried to sleep. I wasn't sleeping yet when I felt someone laying besides me, and my first reaction was to snuggle up with him. I really felt my head against the chest. You know, that feeling from skin-to-skin on my cheek. Then I realised it wasn't possible, I live alone! That got me panicking for a second, not much longer, 'cause on that moment, I felt "that someone" tickling me. Luckily I realised pretty quick I was having a sleep paralysis, so my panic went away fast.

While I was trying to move, I kept feeling someone moving and breathing next to me. It wasn't the cat that was on my bed, I could still feel him at my legs. I hope this was just a normal sleep paralysis, because I find it a bit inappropriate if it would have been my ghost... I was feeling a bit down and lonely, just a bit, so maybe he thought "Let's give her a hug!", but no thank you. I prefer my hugs to be from the living!

I don't really have any questions, it doesn't look like anything bad is in my house, I think. I just wanted to share this with you all.

Gr, S

Other hauntings by SDB1987

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SDB1987, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SDB1987 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-02-26)
I have a little update about my ghost here 😊
I have since recently a cleaning lady. The first time I was at home to show her everything and to answer questions and stuff like that. The second time I was at work, so she was here all alone. She actually asked me that evening to stay at home when she comes to clean. She doesn't know why, but she really isn't comfortable being in my house alone...
So now I'm even more convinced!
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-01-22)
My cat used to act like that too in the haunted house we lived in years ago. I knew she must be seeing something I couldn't?! 😳 How long had your grandparents lived there, and do you know any history about the house? I've had sleep paralysis too, it can be difficult to know what is real or not in such cases. If I felt someone next to me while trying to sleep I don't think I'd want to stay there! You are a brave girl. ❤ Thank you for sharing your story.
SDB1987 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-15)
Hey AugustaM! Ah I'm going to try that! Thanks!:-)

This weekend was again a bit more active (sounds) and the cats were following something again:-) I'm so curious about these things, but I do get scared easily, haha!
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-01-09)
The "visitor" was not quite as aggressive as an incubus, but I do agree with you - I prefer hugs from the living!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-01-08)
I don't doubt that your home is haunted but you may want to have the attic checked for squirrels etc - that could account for the cats behavior. We had a bat in our attic once and you should have seen the way the cats carried on on the floor below! You could even put a camera up there yourself - there is a free app called "Alfred" that allows you to slave two devices together (I use an old cell phone with my current cell phone) making one into a security camera and the other into a viewer - even in the dark it does pretty well!:)
SDB1987 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-07)
Hi Lady-glow,

No I haven't talked to them about it, my grandfather died last year, and I don't want my grandmother to feel uncomfortable about me living there, she's 90 now so i'm not going to make her feel unease.

I do know that this house was previously owned by my grandmother's mother, she had a hatstore here. My grandparents broke it down and put this house instead.

And yes, I have thought about it being residual, because of the bouncy-ball.

I wanted to try to make contact a few times already, but every time I chicken out:') I'm really not scared in my house now, and I want to keep it that way:-)
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-06)
Hello SDB1987.

Welcome to YGS.

Have you talked to your grandparents about these events?
Based on your narrative, this presence doesn't seem to be negative, have you considered the possibility of it would it being residual energy left by your grandparents daily routines?

Anyway, thanks for the interesting read. I'm glad you are comfortable sharing your space with whatever or whoever is there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: