You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Trading Post Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Trading Post Ghost

 

My experience takes place at an old trading post in my town. The town I live in is very big on being historical, to the point where the town has many events year round and like to do the whole recreation thing. I only explain this because this was a possibility that someone told me to explain what I could have potentially seen.

I witnessed this with my cousin who we will call M. So M and I decided to go to this trading post at nighttime just for no reason. We've both been here many times but always in the daytime as it's not really permitted to go to these places at night, a lot of places here like parks and whatnot have a curfew and you could potentially get in trouble if caught. Now how this place is set up is the trading post is on one side of the creek while the house, school house, and barn are on the other side of a creek connected by a bridge.

We head up to the bridge and notice right away how eerily silent it is. Not thinking anything of it, both M and I continue on crossing the bridge but just before we fully cross it we both see what looks like a figure standing next to a wagon which was positioned right next to the barn. At this point neither one of us said anything. We just stood there staring. The figure was on the other side of the wagon just walking back and forth several times then just stopped standing next to the barn. All of a sudden the figure just vanished right in front us to reappear on the wagon's side closest to us on the opposite corner as before. This really freaked both of us out and then to make it worse the figure then looked like it turned toward us and started walking. We both bolt back to the car but not before we both get a good look at this figure. We get back to my car and are literally out of breath from running and trying to talk to one another about what we both saw. We both described the same exact figure as both of us finish each other's sentences. The figure we saw looked all black, neither of us saw any facial features or anything like that, with what looked like knee high boots with a type of jacket that ended just a little above the boots & wearing what looks like a top hat. I'm assuming it was male possibly but not sure. The figure just made me think male.

Now I went back the very next day to kind of survey the area for any type of clues that would make me think I could've seen something to explain it off. I did not find the wagon I saw the previous night and it had been raining pretty hard later in the night overnight. I didn't see any wheel marks whatsoever.

After this I asked a friend and her boyfriend to accompany me back there but did not tell them what M and I saw because I didn't want any interference with them thinking they are seeing or hearing anything. When we got there, we didn't even make it halfway across the bridge because right away all three of us started hearing what sounded like footsteps all around like on the grass and on the wood of the bridge. We freak and run back to my car and take off. I then let them in on what happened with M and I.

To this day I refuse to go back to that place at night even if I'm with a bunch of people. I do remember telling my parents about it to which my mom thought it was a possible convict running from police. I was just like yeah sure mom. My dad said it could've been possible for us to have seen a ghost but I don't know if he really believes us or not. One of my other family members mentioned that it could've possibly have been one of the recreators, but how would they have gotten the wagon out of there without showing any wheel mark signs on the ground? I still don't know if we saw anything or not but I'm definitely open to the possibility of ghosts.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Msgoldfish89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Msgoldfish89 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-27)
Babygoatpuller
This wasn't at a park. It was at a protected area type place set aside for historical purposes. I guess I could've asked our local museum because that's where the re creators are stationed but I never did. & I don't think they would know now. This took place when I first got out of high school over 10 years ago so I don't know if the museum would have any documentation on some event that may or may not have happened.
Msgoldfish89 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-27)
Valkricry it rained after the experience. I'm not sure exactly when but it was def sometime during the night.
ygaian (10 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
wow.this was just awesome. Reading overall I am just wonderstruck.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-24)
Tweed, I'd love to read it either way! Yeah, the subject of ghosts can be quite touchy. More so with family than anyone else I think. We don't want to instigate any family drama for you though. If you think Dad will ground you for it (lol) then by all means avoid the confrontation. No sense in upsetting him.
[at] Argette, thanks for the vote of confidence 😊. I promise to do my best.
A big Merry Christmas to everyone!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-12-24)
Val, it's always been right up there, top shelf, one of my fave encounters. I have the fullest of intentions to get my Dad's permission. However, (big however), in recent years he's renounced the existence of ghosts and the topic is touchy at best! 😐 He accepts his paranormal occurrences happened but, these days, denies they've been the doing of ghosts. This face 😐 sums it all up lol.
I've actually typed his experiences up, all ready to send, then I'm always too chicken to bring up ghosts to him. I'm 35, but I'd probably get grounded. 😆 A few years ago I he could talk about this stuff, no dramas, but he's done a total 180. Stuffed if I know why.
If he chucks a tantrum and says 'no' I can always email it to you off site.;)
It's frustrating it's not already submitted because the similarities between his and Msgoldfish's encounters are very similar.

Non believers, what are they like?! Haha
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-23)
Glad you are a mod, Val! How cool. We have some good ones. Merry Christmas!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-23)
Thanks, BGP - still getting use to the moniker. Lol
Tweed, if you can get your Dad's permission - maybe you could share that experience with us? I think it would be cool. Of course I can't promise it would be published, but I'm dying to read it!
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-23)
Val- Congrats on becoming a mod! I know you'll be great at it and I humbly bow to your new title. 😆

Sounds like a genuine encounter to me Msgoldfish. Is there anyone you could ask about the wagon? Is it a state, county or city park where someone would know if there is supposed to be a wagon there or not?

I agree with Val that the rain could have washed away any tracks. But the dark figure and noises on the bridge doesn't sound like anything I'd want to run into.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-12-23)
Question; you say, "... It had been raining pretty hard later in the night overnight." Was this after your experience that it rained? If so, it could have possibly washed away any wagon tracks...
But even doing a way with the wagon, I find it hard to believe that you and your friend would both imagine the figure you saw, and then you and two others hearing the footsteps...I'm with Tweed on this, sounds like an encounter to me!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-23)
Hi Msgoldfish,

Wow you had a very similar experience to my Dad and his buddies. They saw a person who then vanished and reappeared in another spot. They reacted the same as you.
I think you guys really encountered a ghost that night, and possibly with the sounds on the other night. My Dad and his buddies also experienced a phantom sound in the same location as the apparition, but on a night long before they saw the ghost. This was a real historical part of town as well.

Thanks for sharing, I'm adding this to my faves. The similarities between yours and Dad's experiences are really cool. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: