You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: C. W. Post

Real Ghost Stories

C. W. Post

 

My older sister and I like to take my nephews (her sons) over to the cemetery right next to my house for picnics when the weather is good, because it is very peaceful and quiet. About a week ago we decided to take my oldest nephew for a picnic, on this particular occasion we chose to sit on the steps of the Post mausoleum, we got out our snacks and drinks and began chatting about the weather and family.

My nephew likes to walk around by the large metal door of the mausoleum, as he was walking by the door he gasped and looked toward the bottom right of the door and said "boy" (my nephew is 2 years old, so it was hard to get a description) I asked him who was there and he said "boy and guy". We figured he may well have seen someone, but he didn't really seem scared so we let it go.

A few minutes later he started talking about the "guy" again, so I told him to ask "what is your name?" He then turned toward the door saying "Name? Name?" He turned back to my sister and me and said "call me man". So I asked what "man" looks like, he said "doctor". I found this odd because C. W. Post was not a doctor. Minutes later my nephew started acting scared and came over to me pouting saying he wanted to go home. So we packed up and started heading home.

That night he slept at my house, I got online and found a picture of C. W. Post, W. K. Kellogg and John Harvey Kellogg, figuring that during the days that these 3 men were around they all ran Cereal companies out of my town, and would possibly have been feuding over customers. Not to mention John Harvey Kellogg was in fact a doctor at the Battle Creek Sanatorium.

The next day I showed all of the pictures to my nephew, first was W.K Kellogg he said "that's a guy" then I showed him John Harvey Kellogg, he responded with "guy", finally I showed him C. W. Post, he said "Doctor"...

I got chills. C. W. Post worked a lot inventing cereals, in a lab. Meaning he would have likely been wearing a lab coat. The only doctors my nephew has ever seen were wearing lab coats. So it is understandable that a factory owner (such as C.W. Post) could be misinterpreted as a doctor.

I would love to hear your opinions.

My nephew has seen things before, but nothing like this, and we usually passed it off as his imagination.

Other hauntings by QueenTas

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, QueenTas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-25)
Mervyn - I don't see what's so odd about having a picnic in a cemetary

QueenTas - Interestin read. I find it interesting how he saw the guy and was able to comfirm it when you showed him the pics. Very interesting in deed.

Peace

JustCurious
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
QueenTas: Picnic-ing in such a place seems perfectly logical to me!...I love to take walks in cemeteries... Never picnic-ed in one though... But interestingly enough, on the hispanic holiday of "Dia de los Muertos", that's what they do... Take their picnics to their families graves, and celebrate... I think it's pretty cool!... 😆
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-15)
Yes, and cemetary picnics seem fine to me, I've always found them to be a peaceful setting. (that is while driving by. Can't say I've ever hung out in one.) that is as long as you don't dig for your lunch.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-15)
they say children and animals are more receptive than adults at the paranormal. I think that all people used to be receptive long ago but the more advanced we became we distanced ourselves from the spiritual side of our existence, which is really the base of what we are, spiritual beings briefly inhabiting a carbon based form.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-15)
Thank you. We take picnics in the cemeteries as well. Especially when we need an added "peace".
Thank you for being curious enough about this to look up a few pictures for him. There is nothing like the support of family members when very young and trying to figure out why the elders can not see what they do.
Wa-do.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Having a picnic in a cemetary doesn't sound all that odd to me. Cemetaries are usually very quiet and peaceful, especially older cemetaries. Not a bad place for a walk, or a picnic. But maybe I'm just wierd 😉.
Mervyn (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Having a picnic in a cemetary. I heard it all. 😉 why would you want to have a picnic in a cemetary aren't there any parks around.
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
Dan, I am planning to go to the library to see what I can find, if I find out anything I'll be posting it.
I know there is a "man" ghost in my house, although I have not seen him for several months.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
Hi Trish: Your nephew is obviously sensitive and is able to see and pick up on the things that most of us cant, children are very intune with the spirtual world as there minds have not been influenced with thoughts and beliefs that we are exposed to as we mature. Is it possible you could find out about the history of your home and maybe the land it might shed some light about the man in your downstairs bathroom?

Thanks again.

Dan
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Thank you Dan, and yes. It did freak me out quite a bit.

He has also talked about a "man" in my downstairs bathroom, but I'm not sure who has lived/died here.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
QueenTas: I definitely believe this is what your nephew had seen. Would have been quite freaky when he confirmed to you that that was who he had seen! Makes you think sometimes.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
And well we can't really decide if he sees thing, it's not like we called anything out. And the only reason I showed the pictures to him was to see if he would recognize any of them. If he acts scared of a place we leave right away. And my sister and I did not find it exciting, we were more worried then anything.

-Trish
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Pjod- We are not taking him back to that mausoleum.

Claudia- Thank you. We usually just go to a clearing in the back of the cemetery, but that day he wanted to sit at the mausoleum. We just like to go to the cemetery because it's quiet and there are some really nice shaded areas.

Thank you to everyone that reads.
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Well, young kids are known to be more open to the paranormal so it's natural that he was able to see what he saw, although I won't chose a cementary for a picninc 😜, well written, thanks for sharing your story,

Claudia
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
if I were you, I would not be treading in these waters with the young boy. You and Sis may find it exciting... Buy you are putting the boy at risk, in my opinion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: