You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My First Smudging Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My First Smudging Experience

 

Recently I helped my friend (let's call her Marie) sage her house! She brought in her sister who's a drug addict, but she came with something attached. Do you remember how I told you about that black glob in a previous story? Once again it decided to make an appearance into my life. I'm starting to wonder if they're more of a common thing than not...

Now I have always considered my friend a medium. She doesn't call herself one but I think of her as one. She'll have nights where she can't fall asleep because there will be spirits talking in her room. I'll see her walk around nothing. I say "are you okay Marie?" and she'll just look back, and say she's fine. Once we were just smoking hookah outside in her backyard and I see her turn her head and say "can you leave me alone already?" Apparently someone was sitting there talking to her about his pocket watch getting repaired. We Google searched the brand and found out that it was discontinued in the 1600's. I'm sorry if that was a little too much information but I just wanted you to get an idea of what she's like.

Anyway, for some background. Their house was built in the 1980's. It's not too old and not too new. As soon as I stepped in the house, she had me walk into their guest bedroom. The second I walked in there, I got chills up my spine and felt extremely weak. She told me that she brought her sister from Los Angeles to Las Vegas to help her quit drugs. She got her sister to go to rehab but that was the bedroom her sister was staying in for a few days. I guess it was attached to her and stayed in the closet after she left. It was a rainy day too so it made it an even cooler experience. She said she wanted some candles so we went to get some. She got two black ones and a regular white one. She did say that black candles were portals though so it concerned me. We couldn't find any Himalayan salt like she wanted, so we used sea salt. She put a thick line along the edges of open windows, the door, and the glass door leading to the backyard. She also put it surrounding all the candles as well. Before we got started her friend showed up and was helping us as well.

So she lit the sage up and we started with the least affected rooms in the house. We were getting every corner of every room. I guess it knew what we were doing because when we were in her room, the faucet in their bathroom turned on by itself. All three of us were in the bedroom next to each other so it couldn't have been us. We just turned it off and moved on. Once we were done with everything besides the guest bedrooms, we did it to the attic. I guess they were setting up a security system in the house and did it through there and whatever was up there didn't appreciate being disturbed so it would continue to stomp all over their one story house. She held it there for a while and I eventually felt a better energy in the room. We went to the bedroom finally. Her friend was standing in the door way and I was standing next to the dresser that had one of the black candles on it. Marie was next to me but closer to the closet. She got all the corners first then held it to the top left side of the closet and all of a sudden we both get hit with a ball of air and screamed. Her friend said she was able to see it come towards us and it went back into the corner. We held it there for a while longer and I felt like something was being sucked in and all of a sudden it was gone. The room felt clean again and it hasn't been back since! It took a while to leave but it was a great experience.

Feel free to comment and I'll reply.

Other hauntings by Jessicqqqq

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jessicqqqq, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jessicqqqq (5 stories) (56 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
[at] AugustaM honestly I'm still learning and this was my first time trying it. I do see people every once in a while from an older time. I assume that they can travel the way I can when I astral project but I could be wrong. It's always possible though. I don't see it as being impossible. She told me the brand name and I looked it up. I saw that it was discontinued. I don't remember the brand name though.
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
Hi Jessicqqqq,

Very interesting story. I experienced something similar to a black blob as well.

Thanks for sharing
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
You may want to look into a bit of what your friend says - it sounds to me that she may just be putting on airs to look cool in your eyes. First off, the bit about the pocket watch is a bit iffy - there were very few individuals of European descent in North America, no more or less Nevada, in the 1600s. Pocket watches, though they had been around since the 1520s, were astonishingly expensive and not something that the average person would have or would have traded to a Native American. Francisco Garces showed up in the area in the late 1700s and, I suppose, he *might* have been carrying someone's heirloom watch, it seems a bit doubtful. The use of the word 'discontinued' is a bit problematic as well since it doesn't exactly reflect the state of 'manufacture' in that era. And there certainly wouldn't have been anyone anywhere near Nevada in that time or for a few hundred years thereafter who could have repaired one. Then, one moves on to her rather problematic smudging method. I am sure she means well but you may want to take what she relates to you with a grain of salt.
Jessicqqqq (5 stories) (56 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-23)
Hi Rook! Honestly I'm not too sure. This was my first time doing it. She said it's so it'll exit through to "portal" which is the black candle. I've heard it from a few people but I'm not sure If that information is accurate. I've been there multiple times before and it feels so much better in the house now!

Hi Tweed! I definitely will thank you. (:
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-23)
hahaha For a split second I thought this said My First Smuggling Experience. 😆

Hi Jessicqqqq,

I remember that blob thing, I've experienced something similar. It was during a very chaotic time and in a very active location. I've not encountered it since. I suggest you take notice of this odd thing because it seems to represent a build up of negativity.

I agree with Rook, sounds like the cleansing that day wasn't complete.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+6
7 years ago (2016-12-23)
I am glad this worked out and that this energy/spirit seems to have left.

I say seems because I have one question...

You mentioned that the doors/windows were Salted BEFORE you began the sageing (cleansing), why is that? Salt, in a spiritual sense, forms a barrier that spirits/negative energy can not or at least find very difficult, to cross and if you put it down BEFORE cleansing the environment it makes removing the energy/spirit that much more difficult.

Please go back and with your friend walk the house, you may find that the smudging you preformed with her and your other friend simply diminished this spirits strength/energy but that its still there. Repeat the process but only put down the salt as you clear each room.

Also, check my profile, refer to the Cleansing I have posted there, you may find some other helpful tips...😉

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: