You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Security Forces Post

Real Ghost Stories

Security Forces Post

 

I've already submitted a story about how I've experienced things my whole life. I didn't go into a lot of detail about all of my experiences and only listed off some of the more interesting ones. And I still experience these things and have a lot of stories to tell, but I will give one that I have experienced recently here at my first duty station.

I am an Airman in the United States Air Force Security Forces: a military cop. At the base where I am stationed (for security reasons, I will not mention where or what the base is called), we have a flight line smack in the middle of the base and because of some of our more important resources, on top of security cameras and sensors, we also have people posted along the fence line every 1,000 feet.

One of these posts, which is a large sitting on a dirt road beside the fence line, is what we call the most haunted shack. I'm not the only one who's experienced things there. I have seen shadow creatures and faces in the windows. A young Airman, male, hangs around there all the time, and I believe it's because maybe even after he's passed, he still has a sense of duty and feels he needs to remain at his post.

A few yards down the road from the shack, there is another, smaller shack that can barely fit two people in. It was the original post before it was moved into the larger shack. The last Airman posted there was said to have ate his own gun on his very first day of duty. There are two cement blockades sitting in the grass behind the small shack in a V-shape, as a barrier in case something goes down. And the history is that this Airman just walked out and sat in the V, put his M4 in his mouth and pulled the trigger. He's still there to this day.

I have been posted in the new, larger shack and I have seen a figure of an Airman standing in the empty shack. Even though it is faded and hard to see, if you pay attention you can see his shape. It looks like he's wearing the uniform and all of the required gear, along with the Security Forces beret on top of his head, and you can even see the shape of his M4 rifle that he was posted with.

Sometimes the door to that shack slowly opens as if someone is entering, or coming out, then shuts again all the way and locks. I have gone over to check on the shack after an occurrence like this because it is within my post limits, and I have checked the door and found that it was shut all the way and even bolted. And there wasn't any wind. It was a hot humid day without any wind to help cool down. I've been posted there many times and I see him from time to time.

Other hauntings by CharlaC

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CharlaC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-08)
Thankyou for the response. I have also heard that the Navy has become more involved in recent years studying the ufo mystery. If you get the chance, check out Ivan T Sanderson's "Invisible Residents" detailed Captain's Logs of strange flying objects crashing in and out of the ocean, as well as tracking said objects by sonar for days at a time. Weird and interesting times we live in.
CharlaC (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-08)
pjod,if the military is still doing some research and investigations on UFO's, I have not been informed. I don't have top secret security clearence. I am just a cop that patrols around base, or guards the planes we have. Sorry I don't have any more info:/
I have done some research on this base's history and I have found some very interesting things. Such as, the gym we have used to be a hangar that housed the planes that brought the first atomic bombs to Japan. A few more things I found out I probably should not mention to the public so I won't say anything here, but they are very interesting.
There have been many deaths here, that's for sure, and it's not surprising. But Lackland AFB, where I did my basic training and tech school, I learned a little bit about its history, and Camp Bullis, which is a small base in Texas where we conducted deployment training, was used during WW2 as a mine field. There are still real live mines out there and during out training, we have to be extra careful. If we find one, then we have to call EOD out there and blow it up. I had a few experiences there as well, such as: my team were training on ambushing, and I hid in the bushes in the prone position, and it felt like someone stepped on my back, but there was no one there. So yeah, there's a lot of history and interesting occurences on the few bases that I've been to.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-08)
Hey Charlac,
Interesting career you have. Have you heard any talk about Air Force procedure involving UFO's? Back in the days of project blue book, the Air Force was very interested in the UFO phenom. The last official word about the subject was that these objects do not pose a threat towards national security. There are many civilian "investigators" out there who believe the military is still investigating the phenom. And have at least some knowledge they are withholding. What are your thoughts, and have you heard any stories or been briefed on particular procedures?
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-07)
CharlaC - If you're stationed at THE big base in Nebraska, I have heard a few other stories from friends of mine who are/were in the Air Force there.

There is definitely something different with military bases and paranormal activity. I think you may have hit the nail on the head with the "sense of duty" one has. Plus, you have an every changing staff at most bases - thousands of young men and women going through some of the most emotional times of their life, missing home, making new friends, serving their country, going through a high level of stress, deployments, worrying about security, some don't make it home... Etc, I'm sure a lot of that energy sticks around even after we have moved on from our assignments.

Some of the creepiest places I have ever been have been old Coast Guard stations, especially some of the old lights that we kept up. You'd be in some of these old buildings dating as far back as the 1890's, might be the first person to step foot inside in months to check on a problem, and you can just feel it like someone else is there --- all the men who passed through, some died... Just a lot of energy left behind.
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-05)
That sounds fascinating! I agree, you should defiantly look more into the history of that base. You never know what you can dig up!
Vonboeckmann (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-05)
Hi.thankyou for sharing your experiences. I believe this entitie will not harm you. Many of my family have served in the RAAF and I have heard several similar stories. The facility where I work was established for war veterans in 1912. We too have had suicides and staff have seen a light horse solider from WW1. Our own will not hurt us. They protect us. Have you been able to look deeper into your base s history? It can be very enlightening. Do you keep a private journal of your experiences? Can be good to refresh after time. Regards J

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: