You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: He Read My Facebook Posts

Real Ghost Stories

He Read My Facebook Posts

 

A friend from college recently passed. I'm a relatively young guy mid-30s and haven't really experienced a loss like this before. This was someone who I hung out with pretty consistently at one point in my life, so it hit me more than I thought.

These days there are a lot of new ways to remember someone in the age of social media. It's so new for this generation so the rules aren't properly defined. Could be a photo posted, could be a quick story on someone's facebook page or it could be something as simple as responding to a shared RIP notice.

As is custom these days, I decided to post a tribute on Facebook and Instagram for him. I found an old photo of us and wrote something nice about him and about the activities we used to do together. But just as I was about to doze off thinking of something else, I heard my deceased friend's voice, saying my name, clear as a bell in my head. Didn't sound like it was in the room, just in my head. He said my name matter of factly, no tone or emotion that I could detect. And that was it.

I shot up like a bolt in bed. Looked around and nothing physically looked off, so I went back to sleep and this time dozed off.

He never had physically been to my house and besides talking on facebook I hadn't seen him in 6 years. But I do think it was him. I think it was him in spirit coming to say a quick goodbye and acknowledge that he'd seen my posts and got the message. What do you guys think? Has anyone ever experienced a spirit/ghost responding to something that was posted about them? Would this be possible?

Other hauntings by sherm784

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sherm784, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-14)
There have been experiences reported of ghosts interacting with technology. One contributor to this forum in particular has no end of trouble with a resident ghostie consistently pestering their digital communications (sorry, I can't recall just this moment who it is). So it would seem as though such interactions are at least possible.

In my view, it seems just as likely that your friend was responding to the thoughts and memories evoked in your head and heart by the composition of your posts rather than the actual electronic product. Maybe to let you know that he'll never forget you either ❤
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Hi Sherm, losing a friend like that is absolutely heartbreaking. Like Dee & Melda said, it sounds like your buddy may have popped in to let you know he's around. ❤
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-11)
Greetings Sherm,

I'm very sorry for your loss. While I haven't had an experience where a deceased loved one responded to a social media post, I have had incidents where I received a 'sign' after thinking or speaking of a passed loved one. I believe those in spirit use many opportunities to get the message of 'I'm ok" or "I'm around you" through.

Thanks for sharing 😊
Dee
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-11)
Sherm - Firstly, my condolences on the loss of your friend. I know that it can be as bad as losing a family member. Very often we share more with our friends than we do with our family members - remember we choose our friends 😊

It's very possible that your friend came along to let you know that he was aware of the process of grief that you had to go through and to let you know hey, I'm okay and thanks for what you did.

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: