You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Hot Springs Resort Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Hot Springs Resort Ghost

 

A few years ago, my parents bought this hot springs resort in Laguna. It was beautiful. The caretaker who used to live there would tell my parents that sometimes they would hear footsteps or laughter inside the house. It had 3 bedrooms. Two living rooms and 3 bathrooms. One room leading to the bathroom and the living room. It was my parents dream house. To us, my siblings and I, our summer vacation place to hang out with family and friends. My family and I would spend our weekends there sometimes bringing our friends over. Sometimes my parents would rent it out during summer for guests or visitors.

Two months after buying the place, my mom died. Died in her sleep and never woke up. It was our maid who found her and my dad who couldn't revive her. I could just imagine the agony that he had to go through. After that our resort was boarded up; closed for a year. No one was allowed to rent the place and we stopped going there. Instead we spent going to the cemetery every Sunday.

After a year, we went back to the resort. My dad and sister has decided to build another house inside the resort with dorm like rooms so that people can rent it for a day or so. One Sunday afternoon, my dad and siblings and I went back to the resort. It was burning hot that day. I was sweating and all. My brother went upstairs to get something in our room when I heard him screaming. I rushed upstairs. I noticed that the room was very hot since the rooms were all boarded up. I saw my brother in the corner of the room and he looked so pale and confused. I said what is wrong with you? And he was whispering, "can you feel it?" and I said, "what"? And he said, "it's so cold. It's so cold". And he started panicking and when I finally got to his corner. I felt it right there and then and it was shockingly cold. One minute the room was hot and another minute this corner where my brother and I stood was shockingly cold. I remembered praying our father immediately and told whoever was in that corner to leave us alone. I felt the coldness seeping through our bodies and I was so scared. I had goosebumps and I was shaking so hard. I told my brother to pray our father and we were both praying out loud. I remembered this entity started to choke us. I felt it on my neck and I remembered looking at my brother who was scared sh*tless and the next thing I knew we both started yelling for my sister... When my sister finally arrived, the room became hot again and the coldness disappeared. It was freaking weird. There were more stories like that... But I found this to be the strangest of them all since I felt this entity to be evil.

Other hauntings by Shar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shar (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-14)
To Bibliothecarius.

I understand now. Summer in the Philippines is March-May. So during that time it was during summer. Feb to April - we spent our weekends there. My parents also rented it out during that time. It's kind of sad to relive it because it was during those times wherein my sibs and I would always look forward to - spending time at the resort with my mom.
Shar (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-14)
To Blink_Powers,

It is definitely not my mother. This entity or whatever it is felt evil. It was not embracing us. It was suffocating us. Very different from embracing. Thank you for your comment though.:)
Blink_Powers (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-17)
That could have been just the ghost of your mom embracing you both. You just got scared. And also you should pray according to what the present situation is. Prayer should not be in a repeated manner or scripted manner. Call upon his name or Jesus name and say your concerns.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-17)
Greetings, Shar, and welcome to YGS.

First, you have my sympathies on the death of your mother. From your description, she did not seem to be in any pain, so you've got the (limited) comfort of knowing that your mother did not suffer. However, with the unexpected death of a loved one, there is more than enough depression and trauma for the living to share.

As I have read, and re-read, your narrative, I have had a problem reconciling the timeframe in which your experiences occurred. "A few years ago, my parents bought this hot springs resort in Laguna... It was my parents dream house... Our summer vacation place to hang out with family and friends. My family and I would spend our weekends there sometimes bringing our friends over. Sometimes my parents would rent it out during summer for guests or visitors." This describes events for your family which took place over a number of years; it's normal to rent out a summer home when you are not using it, just as it is normal to invite family friends to accompany your family on a weekend away from the city. HOWEVER, your next paragraph begins with "Two months after buying the place, my mom died." This is deeply tragic, but it takes place within a two-month period of purchasing the home. Has there been a mis-communication about the times in your narrative, or is there some key detail you've left out?

I don't want to comment upon the remainder of the narrative until we've sorted out my incomprehension, here. I look forward to your response.

Best,
Biblio.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-11)
Hi, sorry for commenting multiple times, re-reading the story.
I think this is just what we call "wonderers"; you know those spirits that repeats what they do. You do not have to fear them at all since time will solve the problem, I will not say that I am 100% right, but place where there is high humid temp to attract any kinds of spirits, just some jinx and coincidences from other people's experience.

Since no one is commenting I am wondering if anyone else has such experience.
Anyway, just remember, do not let fear conquer your mind, take a deep breath, calm yourself down, you to yourself spirits are not harmful.

Blessings from São Paulo
E.Lynx
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-09)
Very strange indeed!
I have heard that hauntings harmonies in places near hot springs.
Spirits temp to be strong in those places, let me do a research!

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: