You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: A Beach Resort Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

A Beach Resort Haunting

 

Anand is my best friend since school and one of the few ones whom I have been in regular touch. Like me, Anand too is interested in the paranormal and we have experienced one such occurrence together as described in my story "The Ghostly Hitchhikers". Anand and I are both Engineers by profession and hence life is very hectic. We rarely get a chance to meet each other though we are in constant touch on phone or via e-mail.

This incident happened couple of years back when we were in Mumbai, India. Due to a couple of public holidays in India falling in line together, we had a long weekend of around five days ahead of us. Since we had not taken a holiday for quite sometime due to our busy schedules, my wife immediately suggested that we go to a beachside resort for a couple of days to unwind. I immediately called Anand to check his availability. Anand and his wife Jyo immediately agreed and the plan was finalized within minutes.

We decided to go to a beachside resort at Murud which is around 180kms away from Mumbai and takes around 3 hours to reach. Murud has a pristine beach and is a very popular destination among tourists. There is also a fort named Janjira in the middle of the sea. Janjira fort is also famous for being the only fort along India's western coast that remained undefeated. Since all of us are interested in history, it seemed like an interesting proposition for us. Another thing to be noted at this point of time is that Murud is just 7kms from Kashid and one has to pass through Kashid to reach Murud. The highway leading to Kashid is where we had met the Ghostly Hitchhikers a couple of years ago. Though this incident was at the back of our mind, we nevertheless decided to go ahead with our plan.

We started for Murud at 7.00 am in Anand's "4X4" SUV. It was a clear morning and we managed to reach the resort at around 10.00am. Anand and I were very careful not to mention our previous experience to our respective spouses since it would frighten them and dampen their spirits. We checked in at the resort which was really very beautiful. It was situated on a hill very close to Murud beach. It had a great sea facing view from the front and a dense forest cover at the back which made us feel one with nature. We immediately rushed to the beach where we had a great time swimming and splashing around in the water. We came back to the resort at around noon, had a quick lunch, rested for a while and then set off to see Janjira fort which we were all anxious to see. The visit to the fort was great and we were back in the hotel by around 8.00pm. After a lavish dinner consisting of several local delicacies we decided to retire to our rooms. I was tired but Anand insisted that we go to his room for a game of cards before hitting the sack. My wife and Jyo too didn't mind and so we went to Anand's room.

Immediately after entering his room I suddenly felt a chill in the room which made me feel uneasy. I told Anand about it but he shrugged it aside and suggested that it might be the cool sea side breeze which might have made me feel that way. We played cards for around 2 hours and really had fun. At around 12. 00 am we decided to call it a day. We had however not reckoned that this would be the start of our ordeal and chilling events to follow.

The long day had taken its toll on us and my wife and I immediately fell off to sleep. It must have been around 1.30am when I heard a knock on my door. I cautiously opened the door and was surprised to find Anand outside. He looked a little worried and told me that after we left Jyo suddenly started feeling very cold and started shivering. Anand had found it surprising since he felt no such chill. I asked my wife who is a doctor to accompany me to Anand's room with her medicine box. Upon entering his room, I felt uneasy and could immediately sense that something was amiss. Two woolen rugs had been wrapped around Jyo but she was still shivering and her teeth were literally chattering. When my wife examined Jyo, she was stunned to find that though Jyo was feeling feverish and her body had become icy cold. Shrugging aside her fear my wife gave her a couple of tablets which would put her to sleep and give her a much needed rest. We did not want to leave Anand alone in this condition and decided to be with him. This was perhaps the best decision which I took considering the events which happened subsequently.

Anand was sitting on the bed, caressing Jyo's hand gently to put her at ease. My wife and I made ourselves comfortable on a couple of chairs available in the room. It was around 3.00 am, my wife had dozed off and I was about to follow suit when something really creepy happened. Jyo suddenly sat up straight in her bed with a look in her eyes which we had never seen before. Anand, who was sitting beside her tried to put his arm around her to comfort her. She suddenly shrugged herself free from Anand, caught him by the neck and pushed him. The force with which Anand was pushed was so great that he was literally flung like a puppet, six feet away from the bed. To do that to a person like Anand who is close to 6"3 inches tall and weighs around 90 kgs really required extraordinary strength. Jyo suddenly said the following words "Mujhe Jaane Do... Jaana hai " (Let me go... I have to go!) This still is a mystery to all of us. The voice that said those words certainly wasn't Jyo's. Jyo stood up as if in trance and was trying to go to the balcony. I have to admire the courage shown by both my wife and Anand at this point of time.

Anand and I used all our might and pinned down Jyo to her bed while my wife ran out to get help. We got a couple of housekeeping staff from the hotel in the room within a couple of minutes. I immediately told them to help us shift Jyo to my room. It took five of us to lift Jyoti and shift her to my room. All this while Jyo was only uttering the words "Mujhe Jaane Do... Jaana hai ".As soon as she was laid on the bed in my room things started to return to normal. Jyo stopped resisting and soon fell asleep much to our relief. All of us were shaken by the turn of events. We thanked the bewildered Hotel staff for their help. I noticed that it was around 5.00am at that time and perhaps with the coming of daybreak the hold of the spirit on Jyo had weakened OR Shifting her out of that room had helped.

We decided to check out the next morning. Though a little tired, Jyo was perfectly fine the next morning with no recollection of the previous night's events. She was however surprised to find herself in our room. Anand however put her at ease and told her that he would explain everything once we left the hotel. While Anand was settling the hotel bills, I was called aside by one of the hotel staff who, under the condition of anonymity told me that the room had been the scene of a gory incident a couple of months back.

A couple had checked in, they had a big fight which lasted late into the night. The man walked out off the room leaving the lady behind. After sometime the lady flung herself from the balcony of the room killing her instantly. The police had made some enquiries but were unable to trace the man who had accompanied her that night. The case was subsequently closed. The housekeeping staff had themselves felt a creepy feeling sometimes in the room, though no incident was reported by any of the occupants who occupied it after that.

We decided to let the matter rest but before leaving, advised the manager of the resort to do some sort of purification or a cleansing ritual to free the tormented soul. Whether he performed the ritual or not is not known to us since we did not visit the place again. We were just happy at that moment to have escaped without any harm.

Anand subsequently told her the events which had occurred that night. She was shaken at first, but has now come to terms with it.

However what would have happened if Anand and I would not have been able to subdue Jyo that night is a thought which still gives me the shivers.

Other hauntings by sanjubhat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sanjubhat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sapna_b0333 (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-30)
Sanjay,
I had visited the same place 2 years back... I am talking about Murud. It is still same... Spooky & hunted & staff waiters etc says the same thing... Ie... The place is hunted & people are scared to go alone in the night. I had gone for a one night picnic with my office colleague. I also felt some wearied feeling
sapna_b0333 (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-30)
Hi Sanjay,
During my web surfing in last couple of weeks and after 10 years I got the same website & was reading your stuff. Same stories... & really enjoyed the way you write. But I have not seen any new ghostly experience of yours in recent years.
Where are you now a days.
You remember I have posted comments on your writeup by name "anupama" but I had to change my name bcz this website was not matching with my same email id & I forgot my password & username too so I had to register with new name.
How are you & where are you now a days?
I am reading same stories after 10 years!

Regards
Anupama
piyuprmr (1 stories) (21 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-06-27)
Very very scary story
And I liked your way of presentation
In this story
You are cool author
Keep it up
Keep posting stories like this ๐Ÿ˜
Saumil1995 (2 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
I liked the story brother! Its a good creepy experience... The problem I have is with this site! Dude on the left we read these ghost stories andon the right side these people advertise about weight loss and such crappy shiat! What the hell man! I mean come on we need that creepy experience stop these advertisements!
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-16)
Dear Sanjubhat, great story and thrilling too.
Well this goes in the list of my favorites now.
Keep writing, you write very well no less than any horror author. Would like to read more from you.
๐Ÿ˜
Marouf_fazili (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-12)
Woaaaw! That really was an awesome story. It made me feel creepy. I was reading this story at 2 am and was not able to sleep for around an hour! A great way to explain your ghostly encounter. Well done!:)
Athul (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
An incident similar to this happened in my neighbourhood. I felt it as a mental disorder. I was in my home in kerala back from my banglore days. Suddenly I heard a noise like a shouting that I am going to kill. I went to that neighbours house all of a sudden. What I saw was I thin 8std boy is in the floor nearly 5 guys holding him. He was lying there unconsious. Guys holding him were his relatives only. So I stayed there with out asking anything as they were so close to our family. Suddenly the boy opened his eyes and was trying to get up and go making strange sound. Even it was hard for this 5 guys to hold him. So I put my weight up on his knees so that he won't get up... That happened for some days. They consulted doctors. I still remember crying face of his mother. He is perfectly alright now. In his 10th std. What he said was that he will feel some thing going up to his head and good headache which will make him go to sleep from that he get up unconsiously. This helped others to notice it and be ready for this... It was strange and the power he showed that day was almost combined power of 3 strong full grown man
Classicvintagechic (12 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
I think this story is too good to be true. The content of the story was very appealing; made me feel the tension that was very convincing. I salute you for writing this, may it be real or not, it's one heck of a story to tell.
AkasH_JavooR (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-14)
Arey bhai, when I was reading your story the scenes of the movie "1920 love story" was going through my mind... You should have chanted Hanuman Chalisa at that time. LOL...
Sanju bhai you are a good story writer...
Thanks for the story... Enjoyed reading it.
Ryan002 (1 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
Real? LOL, definitely well written story but not real. I was reading this at 1am in night and this gave me creeps, I was scared to go to bathroom and I am full grown man:)
Dude but this forum is only for real stories not fiction.
Proof
I read you other entry 'The ghostly hitchhikers' in there you mentioned that murud is around 60 kms from Mumbai and here you mentioned 180 km and I do not want to go on, and I think you see lot of movies, so don't lie but you are good writer of fiction
aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-28)
too perfectly scary to be true! And then there are some loopholes.

I would give a 'thumbs up' but you spiced it up too much.

Possessions don't grant you super human powers, they just alter your personality. One can never go beyond his physical or mental limits even when he/she is haunted.

That only happens in the movies. LOL
rynne (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-21)
Dear Miracles51031,

Appreciate your response. The story just doesn't gel. Haven't read the others by this op. My question is simple (wife carrying "med. Box" on a vacation is just a starter. GOing by your explanation then, looks like the op and his bluffs may've been called by the readers and may have stopped posting...

Take care,:)
Rynne
Trishspooky (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
I literary felt like I was there while reading this... Its really creepy indeed...
Well thank god you guys were brave enough to escape this... Good narrations
Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-23)
rynne - you've brought up a valid point. "What many here experience is either rejected or not understood by most in our "real" worlds, all the more reason to feel comfortable at YSG."

And this member, in particular, got his share of scathing comments on many of his shared experiences, a lot of those comments which have been deleted. Perhaps that is why he stopped sharing his experiences and responding to questions.
rynne (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-23)
zzzgranny, thanks for the response, explanations. (Burned my hand and had been typing with one hand, hence the typos...)

I didn't mean for the votes to be erased/added. What is there, is there. It just seemed as if raising question about the account was not invited given the vote down. Brought it to mods attention for that reason (not for an intervention) but that one must not feel discouraged from asking questions. What many here experience is either rejected or not understood by most in our "real" worlds, all the more reason to feel comfortable at YSG. I have exchanged notes with val, rook here and have felt very comfortable.

In fact here is rook's response to one poster:

" You made a comment... I 'questioned' it...It's called a debate and many facts come out during a good debate... Facts that are based in Truth and Knowledge and everyone comes out of a good debate with more Knowledge and a better understanding of the FACTS.

Just saying...

Respectfully,

Rook"

'See/talk' to you around here,
Thanks,
Rynne
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
rynne: No, I'm not offended. As a newbie, you're unaware that the voting system is out of our control. We can't erase negative votes, nor can we dictate to the membership the "proper" way to vote for any specific commentor or comment. It's up to the individual member to use the system to "silently" voice their opinion.

To answer your question: yes, that is the intention of the site and the purpose of the comment section. We can't force people to reply to comments on their stories. I know it gets frustrating to have questions go unanswered, but that's just the way it happens sometimes.

I guess I'm not really sure why you included the Mods in your inquiry. ๐Ÿ˜Š
rynne (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
Typing with hand: caught typos, apologies:

Zzsgranny (not zzzgranny),

Not "sure" why you sound offended (to me), "but do know" there is no implied...

Thanks,
rynne (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
Dear zzzgranny,
Not why you sound offended (to me), there is no implied message etc, in the intent, felt or meant in my post.
So, to answer, your question: Nothing. Or else I would have specified it.
I am new to this, based on that limited familiarity I assume moderators moderate such aspects. The intent was to to bring it to the attention (voting down a clarifying Q asked to seek information from the OP), also to clarify as clearly my Q asks ("isn't the idea at YSG to get clarifications, understand each others' experiences so we can help each other understand and process the experiences better?"). Hope this answers your Q. Thanks.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
rynne: And what, exactly, do you expect the moderators to do?
rynne (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
To the OP and the moderators,
As Surya and others including myself have pointed out, this 'sounds' fictional, but may or may not be. Answering the question/s raised would be helpful in that regard instead voting them down. But the OP seems to have not returned (after voting down posters asking for clarifying information, looks like). Sceptic-Ari's genuine question too got voted down, not sure why, but isn't the idea at YSG to get clarifications, understand each others' experiences so we can help each other understand and process the experiences better? ๐Ÿ˜•
rynne (69 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
It seems more like a fictional account... Question: does your wife carry her her medicine box everywhere?
ragini (12 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
amazing story. Very well written indeed.
:) ๐Ÿ˜Š
Regards
Ragini
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
Wow that was an awesome story ๐Ÿ˜ฒ is jyo
Alright? It is kind of unbelievable that it happened in India... I live in India ๐Ÿ˜จ
eminem (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
sorry sanju I don't believe in your story. It seems to be a bollywood story. Sorry to say that.
eminem (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
yes, surya word is my word its hard to beleive. I think its a fake story.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
[at] zzsgranny:thanks for the heads-up ๐Ÿ˜Š

I never meant to be rude but now I'll try to be more polished ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keep up the good work... โค

Thanks
Regards
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
Sceptic-Ari: Thank you for replying, and sorry for the bluntness of my question, but the way these inquiries are presented makes it seem like you're discrediting the authors... Not your intention I'm sure ๐Ÿ˜Š...But maybe try to comment on the story before asking for the location?...Thanks!
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
[at] zzsgranny:I really want to go to all these places. I have already received a detailed address from one of the authors, and this haunting is nearer to where I live too. I can reach this place by road and even by rail. I am planning to leave as soon as possible for my tryst with the unknown.
There is no facetiousness in what I ask, if you believe me. I am asking these questions with utmost seriousness and with a zeal to experience the paranormal myself, because I think only a lucky/unlucky few are able to really contact the other world as people have to have really keen and trained senses to do so.
So I guess if I make visits to all these places, I might have a chance to witness at least one of these occurrences.
I repeat there is no satire in what I ask. If I find any story uncredible to my senses, I try to say that without any sting attached to my comment.

Thanks for taking time to reply
Regards
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Sceptic-Ari: Are you REALLY going to go to all of these places you keep asking for the locations of, or are you being facetious? ๐Ÿ˜•
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Dear sanju
Please provide the name of the resort so that I may visit and experience it myself.

Thanks
Regards

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: