You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Inviting It In

Real Ghost Stories

Inviting It In

 

Back in 2004 my older sister developed a curiosity for the supernatural and would secretly play the Ouija board with her friends in our family home. My mother had a few disturbing experiences with Ouija boards and did not approve of my sister playing with one.

Around April 2005 was when we started noticing strange activity in the house, we would wake up to broken plates and cups in our lounge room, things missing or turning up in strange places, tapping and doors opening and closing late at night with no possibility of anyone being anywhere near those said doors at night.

In October 2005 the activity increased, we would hear our names being called by disembodied voices, music late at night, objects moved right in front of our eyes, catch glimpses of shadow people moving around the house and even being touched or grabbed in our beds.

I recall an incident where my brother claimed to have been slapped in the face when he walked into the bathroom late at night and also claimed to have seen a floating figure coming towards him one night.

In November 2005 I saw something that I am still scared to talk about even today.

Because my 4 siblings and I were too scared to sleep in our own beds by this stage and our step-dad worked nights, my mother put us all in one room with her. I was on a blow up mattress closest to the door and I woke up to the sound of the door opening up behind me, I didn't want to look, move or make a sound to draw it to me and was hoping whatever came through that door would go for one of my siblings and not me, so I closed my eyes and tried my hardest to look like I was asleep.

Whatever this was came straight over to me, when it knelt down I heard what I assume was it's bones cracking. I was frozen with fear when I felt a hand on my head. I felt it's long nails scratching my scalp and for about a minute it was just quietly scratching my head and I couldn't work up the courage to scream until it said "stay away from me".

I screamed until my mum woke up and wouldn't sleep alone for the rest of the night.

My mum found the Ouija board two days later and destroyed it and the activity died down a lot but not completely, we still would occasionally witness something but not as often or as scary.

I always wonder if what ever the thing was that told me to stay away from it was actually after my sister, all I know is that she invited it into her life and even now she has regular paranormal experiences in every house she lives in.

Other hauntings by MsTeek

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MsTeek, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Integrist (83 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-06)
Hi MsTeek,

"even now she has regular paranormal experiences in every house she lives in."

Is your sister doing anything to stop it?

Or did she not agree with the burning of the Ouija board in the first place?
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-05)
Ms Teek - I have read your account and all the comments. I was raised in a house where many weird things happened and no Ouija boards involved.

My older sister, many years ago, decided to go with the Ouija board and she and her friends spent many entertaining times together "playing" with this homemade board. Okay, she didn't realise what she was letting herself in for.

My mother was in a state harbouring on apoplexy because every time my sister walked into the dining room (where this board was kept) the glass moved on its own.

To cut a long story short, she started having some "unusual" incidents in her home. She destroyed her homemade Ouija board, I don't remember how, and everything returned to normal.

So yes, in my opinion Ouija boards can often be harmful.

I know I haven't provided you with food for thought but I found your submission very interesting.

Regards, Melda
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-05)
MsTeek- Thank you for responding to my inquiry. 😁
Crazy stuff!
-Trentinray
MsTeek (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
Trentinray- we all saw an empty glass slide the full length of our 7ft table one evening, our home was open plan and a hallway led down to the bedrooms, laundry and bathroom so while you were in the kitchen you could see the lounge and dining areas and vice versa, we would watch couch coushions would fall off the couch when nobody was in there while we were having dinner, toys slightly moving on the floor, my mum even saw a wardrobe move, ornaments would fall over in front of us or things would fall off benches. We had no inside pets either
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
MsTeek- Thank you for sharing, I was wondering if you could elaborate on the things that moved right in front of your eyes, very curious.
Thank you- trentinray
MsTeek (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
During the time of the high activity I would never investigate any activity and had been told to ignore it, so any time something happened in the room I was in I would either walk out or push another kid in front of me and get out of there quick, so I didn't actually desire or welcome any contact at all
MsTeek (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
Macknorton, when this happened 3 of my siblings were in the bed with our mum and my older sister was on a single mattress beside the bed and I was at the end of her bed on a blow up bed with my head up the door end, for one of the other kids to prank me they would have to climb out of mums bed and over a dresser at the end of the bed covered in perfumes and makeup or over my sister and over me on a blow up bed, it just seems like it's too unlikely,
but it couldn't have been one of them because when mum got out of bed she stood on my older sisters hair and almost bounced me off the bed to get to the light switch, when the light was on everyone was in bed.
The cracking sound was exactly like when you crack your knuckles and it wasn't coming from the direction of anyone else in the room. And the voice sounded like an old woman whispering, my siblings were all under 16 and my mum never played the ouija board in that house, she done it before we were born
Xerath (6 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2017-06-02)
Hi! I would have to agree with Macknorton that the Ouija board itself is not the cause of "Spirits" being directed towards you. It is simply a board, but through the will, and determination of many that cause Spirit's to show themselves. Well this only applies to a select form of Spirit though, when It comes to specific "Species" of Supernatural/Spirtual beings the cause of attraction can be drastically different.

Demon's while not all are "Evil", the low-levels will almost certainly be attracted to distress of an individual, along with other negative emotions, many low-level Angels will due this as well. While some High-level Demon's will simply ignore you. This applies to all forms of Spirits, they may or may not be attracted to you, and may ignore you.

Anyway's on to the encounter while you were trying to sleep, (bone cracking, etc.). I'd have to say It's very unlikely that you would hear the bones cracking on a older sibling, I would understand that posibility if your siblings were around 50 years old, but there's also always the posibility that the bone cracking was your imagination. If you are not directly affected by them anymore I would say not to worry about what It meant as It could of been millions of posibilities.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-01)
Hi MsTeek - thanks for sharing this.

I personally haven't had any experiences with Ouija boards, but have with seance's and I'm convinced it's more the WILL and DESIRE of the people involved that attracts the spirits rather than the actual board itself.

Following on from that I believe that whether the spirits are observed depends on the psychic abilities of the people involved and the WILL and DESIRE of the spirits as well.

Your account seems to confirm this whereby your sister was the chief instigator in the communication, as in she WANTED to communicate. Can you please confirm if your Mother used the Ouija board in that particular house?

Once again, it seems these low-level spirits who hang around the Earth plane are waiting for the opportunity (read: invitation) to harass, frighten and generally make a nuisance of themselves given the chance. I believe that fear attracts fear and if the people wanting to communicate with spirits are full of fear and are thrill-seekers, then fear is what comes. Be careful what you wish for etc etc.

And to possibly support my speculating; the fact that when your Mum burned the Ouija board, and the activity subsided, could have been more due to the fact that she and others in your family no longer DESIRED contact, therefore they left you alone somewhat. Plus, your sister appears to have continued with experiencing spirit activity but that could be because she still DESIRES the contact, and therefore the spirits are obliging? Just throwing it out there people...

Now, that description of something stroking your head is definitely creepy but I HAVE to ask; are you SURE it wasn't someone "yanking your chain"? The reason I ask is because I know as we age, and our bodies deteriorate, our joints start to pack in. We creak, crack and groan so when this unidentified person knelt down and you heard what you assumed was "it's bones cracking", to me, that doesn't sound like your typical spirit, more like an adult / older sibling trying to scare the living Bejeesus out of you.

However, the "cracking" could be also be part of the "scary" sound effect repertoire, such as heavy breathing, growling, whispering etc; all the lame-ass party tricks these low-life idiots employ to get their thrills and feel "powerful" over us trembling mere flesh and bloods.

Can you elaborate; when you screamed, what happened? Did your Mother awaken instantly? Were all your siblings present and accounted for? Did they wake up too? Did you sense this person suddenly vanish into thin air, or move swiftly out the door, knee joints cracking away?

The fact that it said "stay away from me" is kind of unusual / weird, unless it was merely vocalizing what you were internally screaming (another one of their lame-ass party tricks). What did the voice sound like? What was the inflection, the tone?

Regards

Mack
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-01)
MsTeek... "...hoping whatever came through that door would go for one of my siblings and not me..." that made me LOL! 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: