You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Under The Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Under The Bed

 

When I was growing up in far north Queensland I was told that a small bowl of water or a belt on the end of your bed would keep spirits away while you slept, unfortunately I found as I got older that it wasn't as simple as that.

In 2013 I was 18 years old and just moved in with my first boyfriend, a one bedroom granny flat on his parent's property.

The granny flat was old and seemed to have been built decades before the main house.

During the first week I was finding it hard to sleep, my anxiety was at an all time high but I put it down to being in a new place, however after a few more weeks of sleepless nights I decided to move the furniture around so that I would feel a little more comfortable.

The bedroom had a sliding door that would slide back into the wall, I placed my bed right next to the door after reasoning that if anything were to scare me I could easily run straight out the door.

I found comfort being so close to the door and started sleeping like a baby, however strange things started happening.

One morning I decided to go up to the main house for a coffee and to converse with the family, after about an hour my boyfriend (now ex) came running over to the house looking frightened, jokingly I said "you look like you've seen a ghost" he replied "no, but it told me to get up and run".

Apparently he was sleeping in bed when he heard a young child say "quick, get up, get out of here, run". As you can imagine, we all thought he was just dreaming.

About 3 months later my boyfriend went to the army for 6 months, in that time his family and I decided to renovate the granny flat, we started painting the walls first, as the floors needed to be replaced anyway.

During the first few weeks we noticed things missing or broken, banging late at night, light bulbs constantly smashing, voices at night, being woken up in the middle of the night by something poking me, quick moving shadows, feet and hand prints in fresh paint.

I put water at my bedside, sprinkled salt and hung a belt over the foot of my bed, remembering what I'd been told as a child, unfortunately that didn't help.

I moved into the main house because I was scared to be in there alone at night, and even though the granny flat was empty, the lights were being switched on and off all throughout the night.

After moving out of the granny flat and into the main house I started to find it hard to sleep again.

On a few occasions I saw figures while either working over at the granny flat or during the night while I was out having a cigarette.

When I told the others that I had seen two figures over there they agreed and said that they had seen the same thing, a taller masculine figure and a small child.

Even though I was afraid of being in the granny flat I still had work to do, one morning I decided to rip up the carpets to get ready to lay the tiles, I moved the bed out of the flat and set to work ripping the carpet up.

When I got to where my bed was I was absolutely shocked to find a massive pentagram etched into the cement, I sat there staring at it in shock thantook off out of there to get someone to explain my finding.

My boyfriend's mother had no idea it was ever there and pointed out that it was the only place I was able to sleep properly.

We filled it in and tiled the floor.

I moved not long after and don't know if the activity stopped or not.

I always wonder why I was only able to sleep properly while my bed was on top of the pentagram, any suggestions would be great.

Other hauntings by MsTeek

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MsTeek, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
MsTeek,

Ladyglow has hit it on the head with the explanation of the pentagram being a protective sign. Others have also expanded on this point.

Other questions have been brought forth and I would like to address them... I hope you do not think I am trying to put words in your mouth and understand my need to reply...

MarvinScott- MsTeek has explained that she is an atheist but believes in the paranormal... Spirits and Energy (good and evil... Both sides) Yet you ask...

"You claim to be an atheist yet you believe in and have witnessed "evil and demonic entities" or at least make or have made and effort to avert their presence and or influence? How can they exist in the absence of good? Just curious."

God does not equal Good... Well ok IF you are Religious and you have FAITH and you follow a particular DENOMINATIONS teachings then 'God = Good'. However you do not have to believe in God (s) or Religion to KNOW Good from Evil... Right from Wrong... These concepts are 'natural/normal' and by applying the 'good' it allows us to live in LARGE GROUPS'...cause let's face it, do you want to live with/near individuals who lie, cheat, steal, murder OR individuals who treat you fairly?

Besides one does not need Religion or God (s) to acknowledge that there are spirits/ghosts/entities/energies (call them what you will) and that they can be 'good or evil' just the same as us.

Anyway...sorry for the ramble...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled comments.

Respectfully,

Rook
MsTeek (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
I believe that there are forces out there in the world, I just don't believe that they are a creation of a god or gods
MsTeek (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
I wear a cross that belonged to my great, great granfather.
He was a priest and had apparently blessed the cross himself.

I do not believe in god, I have seen a lot of things I cannot explain, but for me, seeing something I can't explain doesn't make me believe in god
The8Ms (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
You say you're an atheist but believe in demons and other supernatural entities and you wear a blessed cross. Blessed by whom I wonder?

You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. 😉

Maybe agnostic or undecided would be more accurate?
MarvinScott (4 stories) (25 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
MsTeek. I also do not understand your rationale. You claim to be an atheist yet you believe in and have witnessed "evil and demonic entities" or at least make or have made and effort to avert their presence and or influence? How can they exist in the absence of good? Just curious.

Marty
Maelstrom (23 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
MsTeek

I am curious. If you are an atheist, then why wear a blessed cross?
MsTeek (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-06)
Thanks for the information, I always assumed the pentagram was an evil or demonic symbol.
I've recently started wearing a cross that has been blessed because the little girl who lives next to me apparently has a demonic entity attached to her, she's always sick, the doctors can't explain it and there's a lot of paranormal activity in their house.
When I wear my cross I sleep well, strangely, I'm an atheist though
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-04)
I am in agreement with the rest. The pentagram is a symbol of protection. Likely it was there to protect inhabitants from whatever was in there. Seems like a good strong cleansing might have done that place a lot of good. I am glad that the family was with you during this experience and you didn't have to go through it alone.
Jubeele (26 stories) (886 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-27)
Your account got me rather curious too, so I went searching into the origins and symbolism of the pentagram. The five-pointed star has held significance for many ancient civilizations. It has meant various things in the past, but mainly to do with astronomy and religion (e.g.the 5 planets visible in the night sky, the five elements). It was an important symbol to the Christian Kabbalists as well.

The pentagram also marks the Keystone of a building done by the Freemasons. This is just speculation, but is it possible that the granny flat was once a masonic lodge? There are still quite a few active masonic lodges in Far North Queensland today.

Still, I'm inclined to agree with Emma that the presence of the pentagram under the bed was for protection as evidenced by how that was the only spot where you could sleep in peace. The idea of the inverted pentacle as "evil" is a fairly recent development - only since the late twentieth century.

I've attached links to some general information for your reference:
Http://symboldictionary.net/?p=1893
Http://freemasoninformation.com/masonic-symbols/

Thanks for sharing this interesting experience.
EmmalineTexas (10 stories) (163 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-26)
Hi MsTeek - I did a little reading about a pentacle or pentagrams and it said that they are a symbol of protection. I'm not a Wiccan myself. Maybe someone else on here could shed more light on it. But it's my understanding that a circle of salt was sometimes placed around a pentacle as a barrier or ward. That might be why you slept like a baby; you were in an area free of any phenomena.

Thanks for your post. Such an interesting, but scary experience.

Emma
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-11-26)
Interesting experience.

Do you know if your ex-boyfriend's family built the house or any history about it?

Remember that the pentagram has been given different meanings through history and has been used for different purposes so, perhaps some previous resident of the granny flat put it there for protection and you just happen to find it by 'accident' before removing the carpet.

Knowing the history of the house, the land and its inhabitants could shed some light upon what was going on in the flat.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: