You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Leprechaun... 3 Generations

Real Ghost Stories

Leprechaun... 3 Generations

 

When I was about 8 or 9 years old I was in bed (actually in my sister's bed, we shared a room and had bunk beds... I usually slept on the bottom bunk but for whatever reason I was sleeping in the top bunk with her). Anyway, I woke up (I was NOT sleeping... I was very much awake) I look over and there's a little man standing in the corner, just in front of the open closet. He was pointing and laughing but making no sound. Just standing there laughing and pointing. I was terrified and frozen in fear. He threw stuffed animals at my sister and just kept laughing but again, absolute silence. I just laid there frozen in fear. I believe I pulled the covers over my head and just laid there awake until morning. As soon as I got up the courage to get out of bed, I ran and told my mom what happened. I kept pleading with her to understand that it was not a dream or nightmare, I was very much awake. My mom froze and went a little pale, but was trying to play calm and brush it off, assuring me it must've been a nightmare.

Years later, the subject came up and my mom told me that she got freaked out because she had the same experience when she was a kid. Every detail of the little man (who was very leprechaun like) was the same. She had apparently went to her mother to tell her about my experience and told her mom about her own experience... Come to find out my grandmother saw the SAME little man and had the same details of what he looked like.

We all said we experienced the same thing, the laughing with no noise. It's so strange that we all experienced this and saw the same little man. I've tried to pinpoint similar details between the 3 of us. But the only thing we had in common was that we're female. We were different ages, living in different areas, I'm the middle child and so is my grandmother but my mom is the youngest. It's just so odd.

I have 3 boys now and I'm really curious if some day they'll wake me up to tell me about the little man who scared the living hell out of them in the middle of the night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BoyMom71417, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Yunghussy (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-20)
Every woman in my family has also seen something resembling a leprechaun. He never does anything harmful, just runs past the corner of your eye, or runs his hand up your legs almost childlike.
Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-14)
Well it must not have a dream if your mother and grandmother saw it too. But I don't think it was a Leprechaun it could have been a spirit haunting your family for generations.
Whodat (42 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-03)
I have some questions. Was the little man all black and shadowy, or was he in color, like with a green suit or whatever? Did he seem to be wearing a little hat or something like a hat? How big was he? Was he a little smaller than a baby? I once saw a creature like this, but I've convinced myself it was a dream.
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-02)
Great story thanks for posting. I come from a Mexican family and there are always stories about little men and in Spanish or they way they call them are "dwuendes" and they would be more like "gnomes". My mom has seem them before back in our old home in her closet and she said that they like to cause a lot of trouble innocent trouble but none of the less trouble. Like moving things around spooking you and she even mentioned taking sweets if you have any. My mom actually as crazy at it sounds she believes in fairies maybe not like tinker bell but similar and she claims there was a guy who captured one. I don't know sounds crazy but she also believes in tiny men not short like the ones you may have seen but like in gnomes tiny ones. She actually went and visited a friend in the country in Mexico and her friend told my mom that from the corner of her eye she kept on seeing running men but when she turned around they were not there or they would hide and she said that a lot of her things went missing including some sweet bread. She lived next to a forest. She had called a paranormal teem that come out in a show called Extranormal based in Mexico and they literally set up tiny sweets and stuff and left them in the woods and then they came back to check on them. And they wore shocked it had tiny bite marks not that of ants or bugs but bites of a little human mouth. The show was actually aired on TV with her case on it, if you ever find it. Extra normal dwuendes. Now many people don't believe it all and call her crazy I mean I don't know if I fully believe. But many people have there own tales and it's weird but hey we never know what can be hidden among us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: