You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Leprechaun

Real Ghost Stories

Leprechaun

 

Hi, my names Georgie and I'm from England, I'm now 19 and have since moved house. This happened to me when I was 14 and lived in another house. The house was quite big and victorian style and was always quite freaky feel about it. I always hated the night because I always felt as if something was in my room but I would just put my head under the cover and wait until I fell asleep.

Well this particular night I went to bed and done my usual routine and I fell to sleep, I woke up in the middle of the night and I sat up and in front of my bed was my dressing table, I looked at my dressing table and there was a tiny person sitting on there but he was green and it sounds silly but it looked a little like a leprechaun, I looked at it and he looked back at me then when I realized what it was I started screaming and the more I screamed the more it laughed at me, my mum come running in my room and it looked at her and she turned the light on and he disappeared.

I've never seen it since and I just don't know why it was there. It sounds so unreal and everyone I tell thinks I was dreaming, but I know I wasn't. And it was weird how I couldn't take my eyes off it, I was so scared but couldn't look away. I just wondered if anyone has any ideas of what this could have been? Thanks for reading! :)

Other hauntings by Georgie252

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Georgie252, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BoyMom71417 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-29)
Georgie, I don't know if you still are active on this page, but I've had a very very similar experience when I was younger... Turns out my mom and grandmother both had the same experience as well... 3 generations saw the same thing and described very exact details that all matched up.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-24)
I am glad I found this story in the archives. It is very interesting. It strikes me as odd that a person would find a leprechaun terrifying. I can see being wary, but, well maybe I am the odd one.
ghostboi (22 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
hey man what you saw is an imp very small but very dangerous demon
iclau91 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
I believe in your story... Leprechaun were very comon in XIX century... I'm from southamerica... And here... Stories about leprechaun are very comon in rural places, where is not yet technology. I think that because in england there aren't rural places anymore... It's not that comon stories about leprechaun...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Sassy, I just have to interject. I'm not sure where you heard that but in Ireland, pre-dating Christianity, faeries were just seen as otherworldly spirits, not wholly malevolent beings. See the below link:

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faerie

Scroll to the "source of beliefs" section and it tells about the "hidden people".

I believe in them myself. They are not evil beings, though they can be mischievous and easily offended. They are a class all their own. The belief that they are "evil" stems from the arrival of Christianity, which classed all spirits of pagan folklore to be demons.
Sassy_Lash3s (2 stories) (22 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Hey Georgie, In Ireland they call the evil spirits Fairies. I believe your story though, it's different from the rest.
Tunka (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-04)
Piro - This story is a little funny but we all believe them and there is no reason to be right rude to them. How could someone make up a story like this?
Agreed with KimSouthO and MOTHERPANN.
They can take shapes of anything. For example, if I died and I was living in the spiritual world from now on, I would choose to be a Squirrel if I wanted. You can come back to Earth or human life (Not really HUMAN life) as that thing you want to change into, ant, horse, dog, racoon, etc. It's fun being a ghost but not so fun for human beings.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
I know this sounds weird, but I do believe you when you say it's a leprechaun. They do exist and there are many myths about them. If you see them on St. Patricks day then they're supposed to give a pot of gold. If not, then two things could happen. If he's playing music then he's giving you good luck, if he's not playing music then he's giving you bad luck. I'm a wee bit irish myself! Not too much, but I love my irish side.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
Any ideas of what this could have been?
Yes...a spirit appearing in the form of a leprachaun.
Collin395 (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
Dude...I would gotten up and beat the thing. JK. I would flipped though. Thats crazy
Piro (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Hehehe...

Watch your back dude...

BWAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAAHA HAHA AHHHAH! Ha. Heh... 🤔
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Hi Georgie. It could have been a fairie of some kind. In Ireland, the little critters are called fairies (i.e. Leprechaun, gnome) and they are very mischeavous and scare people. They are usually found in very old castles and are known to have their own land. If a home is built blocking their path, a lot of fairie activity happens. Thanks for your story, I believe this can happen in England too.
Nebt (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
The Gentry (Fey) also kind of find us entertaining. Rather like "Oh, silly human is freaking out because I am not meant to be real! Haha..." Maybe not mean, but instead, had a taste for mischief.
darklink13 (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
ha funny a leprchan well you should of cought it so you can get gold and be cool and have more money than bill gates 😨 😜 😜
LoveforHope0226 (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
I think that if it shows up, but I doubt it would, just trying to talk to it, if that doesn't work, then like MOTHERPANN said, ignore it, then mabey it would leave you alone. But I think that it was trying to get you scared and get its house back. But if it comes back, ignore it or talk to it. LoveforHope. Rachel ❤
DemonSora (69 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
Maybe it was a ogre I dunno! 😲 but wow write another post to tell us what was it! Lets every 1 on this site and maybe we'll know what it is, k?
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
I have almost the same name as you! My name is Georgi-Anne. Anyway, I believe you. ❤
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
I'dbe wary of applying a label to this entity. It makes more sense to me that spirits are universal and we've only given them different names due to the many disparate cultures on earth. One man's Leprechaun is another man's gremlin, shadow person, or faerie, as it were.

On a tangent, I think the supernatural incarnate is the root of most religion. It seems natural to me to try to categorize and name these things to bring order to a chaotic existence. If a person in ancient Sumaria saw a ghost, they might try to build a belief system around it (origin, worship, etc.) that eventually evolved into a religion. Similarly, if someone in ancient China saw the same thing, they, too, might try to explain it, but due to cultural/geographic differences, develop a different system.

Even "aliens" are "little green men..."
Georgie252 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
Thanks for your comments! I'm just glad to know I'm not going mad! I've never seen it since and I hope I wont! Thanks for your help!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
I would agree with MOTHERPANN on the point that some entities need fear to feed on. They take the energy and bolster themselves. I also beleieve that aome entities can take on any form they choose to appear as.

You were able to call out to your mother., The sight of this creature did not paralyze you with fear, there for--you took away some of the energy. It may have moved on to some where weaker.

God Bless!
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
wow, we had what looked like a leprechaun in our house too but he ignored us the first 2 times and the 3rd time he acted startled when he realized we saw him. All 3 times was during daylight, he was more shadowlike then green but short and wore a derby hat.

Most entities seem to feed on fear, next time (if there is one) try to communicate with it or just gnore it.

I hear that these creatures are seen more in the United Kingdom then here in the States. Good luck and if you do see him ask him where his pot of gold is, that should get rid of him. Kidding aside, take care of yourself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: