You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Roar At The Window

Real Ghost Stories

The Roar At The Window

 

I live in Pune. It has been three years I shifted at Sinhgad road. First I used to live at Navi Peth.

It had been just 1year after shifting in that new flat when this incident occured.

I have my own bedroom which is not too big and not too small.

At night I have a habit of keeping the glass door open of my window, and behind the glass door is net door. The window has a sliding door.

At night I slide the door which is next my head.

In front of the window doors is an open space which can be called as 'kathada'. One can easily sit there. Our flat is on 1st floor.

I wrote all this description so that you can easily understand what exactly happened.

Normally me and my mom sleep at 11pm. I can easily remember that on that day my mom went to sleep early and my dad too, I went to sleep 1am-2am. As I fell on my bed I went to sleep. As usual the window door next to my head was open and everything around was quiet. My back was facing the window. After 1 and a half approx.something/someone all of a sudden roared in a terrible way from the window door (the side which was open right above my head and behind my back). I woke up from my sleep and turned around and stared at that window for a minute. When I turned, there was nothing/no-one. I got a strong gut feeling as someone/something was staring at me with an angry look, that voice 100% sounded like a huge animal roaring and as if it is sitting in the window. I literally got spooked and screamed like hell.

Listening to my scream my mom ran into my room and asked what happened I just hugged her and went to sleep with her in her room. The next day with all my senses awake, I thought of what happened the last night but just got stuck up on one question,that,what was that thing...? Or why did I hear that roar? Till today's date I can easily remember that it wasn't even a hallucination as anyone could have woke up hearing to that voice and it was soooo clear that if in today's date I hear that voice again I can guess it right.

I still have the question what exactly it was? Because it sounded like an angry animal.

I even discussed this incident with my parents and close one's but everyone thought I was joking and even there was nothing, through which I can prove that I was right.

Other hauntings by Sid926

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sid926, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mainindianhu (5 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-09)
Hiii,Bro don't worry just simply do onething as you are indian u should know that remedies start chantting Lord Hanuman ji name... As u said u woke up once soon I should tell u had weird dream which made you wake up at once. It happness mostly 😁 😊
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-25)
Hi Sid926 I agree with Rook it was probably a dream / nightmare that you woke up to.
Sid926 (2 stories) (25 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-10-17)
Hey shady4u thanks for your opinion 😊
I also agree with your opinion that only with this story it can't be proved that this incident is a paranormal activity but yes whatever I experienced that night I still don't have a clear answer on it.
Anyways once again thanks for the opinion 😊
Sid.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-16)
It is definitely possible of this not being the paranormal, but again, who has been able to explain the paranormal anyway? I respect and like your story Sid, thank you for the great read!

-Shady.
Sid926 (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-16)
Hey Redwolf thanks for your suggestion.
I also understand that we can't just go with my gut feelings regarding this incident. But anyways
Once again thanks for your suggestion 😊
Sid926 (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-16)
Hey thanks poliexterLy for your opinion.
Basically that night I got spooked and screamed like hell because the roar sounded like a furious animal but as I turned towards the window to look up who's there, no-one or nothing was there...
Once again thanks for your opinion 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-16)
Sid

Lady-glow was being sarcastic when she said that there was a 3 eyed monster with a mouth full of sharp pointy teeth. That should have been evident when she said it was waiting to play jump rope with you.

Now as for your saying you had a strong gut feeling that someone/something was staring at you with an angry look. We can't go by gut feelings and say that these feelings are of a supernatural nature. πŸ™„

Red
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-15)
"I got a strong gut feeling as someone/something was staring at me with an angry look, that voice 100% sounded like a huge animal roaring and as if it is sitting in the window. I literally got spooked and screamed like hell"
Perhaps you already know what the thing was?
Sid926 (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-15)
Hey gypsyking410 thanks for the suggestion 😊. Yes I too have heard about leopards roaming in urban areas nowadays.
But as you said about forests... Then actually there are no such forest left around in our area...! And basically not heard of any leopard incident in our area... Till now 😊...but anyways thanks for your suggestion... 😊
Sid926 (2 stories) (25 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-10-15)
Hey Lady-glow thanks for replying 😊.As you questioned that is my bedroom on ground level or second storey, then the answer is that I live in a building and my apartment is on first floor so eventually my bedroom also is on first floor (as mentioned in my story), and also there isn't any window under my bedroom's window...!
The next thing is that, as mentioned in the story, my window has a glass door then behind it a net door... So just the glass door was open the net door was closed. My window even has a 'kathada' (platform) which is on the outside. So basically there was no chance that my cat would go there and sit and make noise.
I am also not trying to convince you that it wasn't a cat... But just trying to tell you what exactly the scenario was...
And in my story I have not even mentioned the word 'monster',so I am not even trying to tell that it was a three eyed monster with mouth full of pointed little teeth... Whatever 😊 I just heard something which sounded like an furious animal that's it... But anyways thanks for your suggestion. I do respect your views about this incident...
Once again thanks for your reply 😊
Sid926 (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-15)
Hey Eden14... Basically I am not aware of what jinn is or never heard of it... But thanks for your opinion 😊
gypsyking410 (13 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-10-15)
Hi Sid926, just a thought, could this be a leopard? There have been a lots of leopard sightings in many city urban areas which are so crowded during the day, but yes at night these places are visited by leopards,

Mumbai the busiest city is one good example of this, they have been sighted or caught on cctv inside societies, parking lots, girls hostels...

So could this animal be a leopard that came within the city limits, from a forest near by (if of-course there is a forest near by the place you live)
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-14)
Sid926: thanks for replying. In my opinion, there's not enough information in your narrative pointing to the nature of the roar but since you have cats there's something else I would like to ask.

Is your bedroom on the ground level or on a second storey? If on a second storey, is there a window under your bedroom's window? Have you considered the possibility of one of your cats growling to an animal it saw outside or perhaps an animal outside of your house reacting to the presence of your cats?

I live with three cats... Actually four, counting the neighbors's cat that likes to spend more time at my house that at her owners place and, believe me, sometimes they make the most scary noises when they see another cat outside or when they hear coyotes howling in the distance. When fighting each other they mostly hiss.

I'm not trying to convince you that what you heard that night were two cats fighting, specially knowing how reach is the Indian fauna, but I consider it impossible for anyone to say what exactly it was based on your story.

I could say that it was a three eyed monster with a huge mouth full of pointy little teeth that wanted to skip the rope with you but, where's the evidence?

I can imagine how scary it must had been for you to wake to an unexpected and unexplained sound in the middle of the night but, just because you couldn't see what/who was growling doesn't mean that it was a monster/demon/jinn/ghost outside trying to get you.

Once again, thanks for sharing.
Eden14 (14 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2017-10-13)
It's a jinn. They manifest themselves as animals at times to the interpretive cortex of the human mind.
Sid926 (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-13)
Hey rookdygin, thanks for your opinion and yes I was asleep for about 1-1.5 hours and no else also heard that voice except me in the house... But I can surely say that it was not a dream. Basically I never get up once I am asleep... But just at that one voice I got awake... And also generally I remember all my dreams...that's why I am 100% sure that it was not a dream 😊
Once again thanks for your opinion 😊 😊
Sid926 (2 stories) (25 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-10-13)
Hey lady-glow thanks for your suggestion 😊 but as you said there might be couple of cats fighting then I would like to tell you that I already have 2 cats past 4 years... So I could definately discriminate between a couple of cats fighting and an big animal roaring...! And as also you said that I should have looked out of the window and it's a shame as I didn't, then I would say that it's not a shame but rather I did what first came into my mind... 😊
Thanks once again for your suggestion.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-10-13)
It's a shame that you didn't look through the window, perhaps it was just a couple of cats fighting and your fear and imagination created a monster in the night.

It's important to always consider all mundane explanations before assuming something to be paranormal.

Thanks for sharing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-10-13)
Did ANYONE else in the household hear this roar?

If you had been asleep for 1-1.5 hours (or did you mean minutes?) then, odds are, if NO ONE else heard this roar then it was a dream.

Just my opinion though.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: