You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: My Sister's Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister's Shadow Man

 

Hey all 👋🏾,

I am writing this story in regards to my little sister who shared something with me last night while we were out dinner.

A few months ago she casually mentioned how when she wakes up in the middle of the night, there's a black figure with a wide hat standing in her doorway. My nephew's room is right across the hallway, but they haven't mentioned anything happening or seeing any figures nor does my sister allow me to ask out of fear it will scare them which is understandable.

Back to my point about this figure she states its always usually in her doorway. Just standing there, and she goes back to sleep. What cause me to be alarmed is that last night she informed me that earlier this week, she has awoken to find the hat man standing directly next to her bed, and not in the doorway as usual. I asked her could she make out any features or anything distinctive but she says no.

I asked her if she felt scared or anything she said when it first started that she did, however I feel as though this fear has turned into "I'm used to it" but she said its not a feeling of fear or dread that she gets when she sees it but yesterday she described it as a calming feeling.

I just get concerned due to my young nephews and the stigma associated with shadow men. Anyone have any ideas as to what it can be? She feels like it may be her dad but I'm not too sure. And later I definitely don't want this affecting my nephews if this is something negative, and we do have sage at the ready!

Thanks, aly

Other hauntings by alizzle87

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alizzle87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
4 years ago (2020-07-12)
FH-Pod, to add to val's comments, if there is no email address, offer yours in your comment. Everyone doesn't check profiles.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
4 years ago (2020-07-09)
FHpod_2020,
Although I applaud your attempt at getting approval of the OP to use their story, I see you're new, so I'll give you a few pointers. Posting the same thing over and over is considered spamming, and is ban-able offense (see comments guidelines). Try and avoid this by actually commenting about the story.
If you click the author's name it will give you their profile, check and see if they've an email listed; and also check their comments to see when was the last time they were active. This will give you an idea on if they'll even see your request, plus if you email them it does 2 things; makes the request seem more professional, and if they agree it gives you permission in WRITING, just in case something comes up later.
Wishing you success with your podcast.
FHpod_2020 (2 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-07-09)
I was wondering if you would be willing to tell your story on our podcast? We are doing a segment on Shadow People. Thanks!
ResearcherOfShadows (6 posts)
-2
6 years ago (2018-03-17)
Hello, and let me share that first of all this entity is most certainly not her father.

I've long researched shadow people/demons/ghosts/etc. And this specific kind is pretty common.
I would refer to it as a "Watcher". They're harmless for the most part although a bit startling.
They do not speak, and rarely interact with people, but rather just watch.

This type of entity is there to find out more information about people. Usually only children see them, though sometimes teens will see them as well. But on rare occasions, even adults will see them.
Based on how the person reacts to the Watcher, it will decide on whether the person is a good target or not.

Resistance to the target is encouraged, and while my research has shown that salt, sage, holy water, etc. Seem to have no effect on them. But the act of using it shows them they are unwelcome and will be combated against, thus making you a poor target.

I personally dealt with these frequently as a child and was deemed a good target clearly based on the events that followed. However I was able to get rid of them.

If you want more answers, please join my Discord:
Https://discord.gg/awwasQW
saadsayed8 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-02)
I used to see the same shadow man! Tall black shadow wearing a big long hat. He always showed up whenever I had sleep paralysis. I too got used to seeing it and wasn't afraid anymore. Eventually I stopped seeing this shadow figure and everything was back to normal. However, I did have a very weird dream once where he showed up in mine and my cousin's dream at the same time. I have posted that story on here. You might want to check it out:)
ChickenLittle (11 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-01)
I am uncomfortable with the movement from her door to her bedside, and also with the fact that what was originally fear is now a calming feeling. A friendly ghost is a good thing, but what has caused the change in feeling?

Also, why does she think it's her father? Has she considered that this could be a ruse to gain her trust? I think a cleansing would be a great idea.
dianaq (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-29)
Hi Ali,

If you have Netflix I recommend you watch "The Nightmare". It is a documentary about people who have experienced sleep paralysis in a range of levels. The symptoms/occurences you;ve described are common phenomenons people with sleep paralysis experience; especially seeing a shadowy man with a top hat. Hope it works out!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-27)
A Cleans and Shield for the House could help establish if the 'shadow' is negative or not.

Not to mention researching the history of the home. Or check and see if there is a known history to any items that have been brought into the home, just prior to this starting.

Thanks for sharing, please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-24)
Hi Ali

Did your sister's father use to wear a hat during his life? If not, what makes her think that the shadow could be her father?

In my opinion, she could try to communicate with the shadow and set some boundaries and rules for its presence at the place.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: