You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Sisters Forever

Real Ghost Stories

Sisters Forever

 

After my great aunt passed away from a malignant brain tumour in May of 2013, my grandmother had a difficult time trying to cope with the loss of her only sister. Being a strong believer in the paranormal as well as her strong belief in possessing the ability to communicate with the deceased, she maintained her level of utmost confidence that she would one day receive an uplifting message from her departed sister. Three months after my great aunt's passing, my grandmother moved into her current apartment which possesses a pleasant view of a well-maintained rose garden from her balcony. This was a highly positive change of scenery from her former residence, which overlooked a busy road and where the sound of constant traffic became borderline insufferable.

Her current building contains one laundry room for each floor. At the time, both the washer and dryer were coin operated, and my grandmother had to make a brief stop at the closest bank to pick up some coins contained within the traditional paper rolls. While nonchalantly handling yet another load of laundry, she attempted to insert a randomly selected coin from the roll into the washer's metallic slot. The machine promptly spat it back out. Assuming it was a mere coincidence, she then inserted the same coin a second time. It was yet again rejected. Perplexed and mildly frustrated, she decided to inspect the coin to determine the reason why the machine had continuously declined it.

The coin was the same size as a typical Canadian dollar coin known amusingly as a "loonie." Yet this particular coin proved vastly different. Upon closer inspection, she realized this coin held no monetary value, yet upon reading the coin's inscribed text, she would clearly understand that it indeed possessed a much greater value for her.

The inscribed text appeared distorted and had a rather small font. My grandmother needed a magnifying glass to read it. She examined it carefully and it contained a famous quote from St. Therese of Lisieux:

"I am your sister, your friend. I shall always be watching over you."

Though my grandmother has always accepted the possibility that this particular coin coming into her possession was a pure coincidence, it nevertheless provided her with a much needed sense of comfort and closure. She then felt that nothing could truly keep her and her sister apart. She then decided to place the coin within an appropriately sized frame and still keeps it on display on one of her many antique tables beside her balcony doors. It is positioned at an angle where she can easily see it from the comfort of her favourite chair.

Other hauntings by GingerRead

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GingerRead, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Linjahaha (24 stories) (154 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-07-11)
Ginger, I believe we ALL get SPECIAL signs to comfort us from our departed Loved ones. I can give you an excellent example. Myself.
I was married to the MOST WONDERFUL man for close to 33 years, & I lost him due to a catastrophic illness. I was in a pit of depression such as I've never known could exist before. John was always very fond of Sparrows. They were his favorite bird. He thought they were the cutest little birds. He enjoyed observing them often when he could.
About 3 months after his departing, I was out on the balcony of the apartment smoking. He was on my mind, of course. I missed him so very much, & was hoping for some kind of sign that he knew how I felt, & that he was alright. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a little sparrow hopped onto my balcony. It began fluttering it wings, & dancing around, & chirping for me. It was so cute. It, then, hopped over to me, & landed on the toe of my shoe, but it kept on singing, looking up [at] me, & fluttering for me. It, then, hopped off. It did some more dancing, & chirping for me, then it flew off of the balcony. The entire encounter was about 10 minutes long.
I felt an incredible sense of peace, & calm satisfaction. I knew it was my John letting me know he knew my feelings, & was alright now.
Call me crazy if you like, but I just 'knew' it was him. A couple months after that I had a spiritual visitation from him. I posted that account on this site. You may want to read it if you get the chance, but, like I said, I do believe that our departed loved ones find a way to let us know that they are always with us, & aware of what's going on with us. Only they are, now, in another dimension. A much better place. I, still, feel he's with me in times of uncertainty, & difficulty to encourage me to keep me going.
This was a lovely story you posted. I believe your grandmother did get a sign from her sister. I'm sure it gave her much comfort.
Again, a beautiful read, & thanks for posting it!

All the Best! ❤ ❤
GingerRead (17 stories) (35 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-06-06)
Rajine: She came across it very randomly in a paper roll of coins. It was a very uplifting moment for her.
Rajine (14 stories) (841 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-06-05)
That seems like a very, to the point sign, if there ever was one, do you know how your grandmother came about having that coin?
GingerRead (17 stories) (35 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-06-04)
RCRuskin: It easily could have been coincidental. At the same time, I wouldn't want to rule out any other possibilities either.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (837 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-06-04)
An intriguing coincidence. If it was just a coincidence. Hm.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: