You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Schwartz House

Real Ghost Stories

Schwartz House

 

I haven't written to this site in awhile but it's slow at work so here we go. When my father was a small child in Ft Worth, TX his family lived on the "North-side" area of town, which was at the time a middle class area with a high Hispanic population. My dad was a typical kid of his times and played outdoors from morning until night. My family has a tendency to have experiences with the paranormal and most of the family stories started at the "Schwartz house" my father lived in from the time he was small until my Grandparents sold it in the early 1990's.

My grandparents raised a large Hispanic family, five children; and both worked. My aunts and uncles would be at home alone without adults a lot of the time, mostly causing trouble. I've always been told stories about the "Schwartz House" from most of my Aunt's and Uncles because the entire family experienced the weirdness. My Father in particular is adamant about a story that happened when he was approx six or seven years old.

It had been late in the evening and the family was getting ready for the next day and heading to bed. My father had a little league baseball game the next day and he had forgotten his cleats in the living-room area of the house, which had already been darkened. My grandmother was in the kitchen area of the house doing the dishes. This was the late 1950's early 1960's and dishwashers were not in the picture of affordability yet.

My father walked into the living-room of the house and he swears to this day that he saw a beautiful pair of female hands and forearms glowing in the darkness. The hands gestured as if opening a book and then faded into the darkness. My dad being freaked out like you read about ran like a mad man to his mother in the kitchen. My grandmother who was and is a tough old bird, despite being less than five feet tall, walked into the living-room and checked things out for her baby and told him there was nothing there.

Dad says that the hands were the most beautiful hands he had ever seen. He remembers the nails being perfectly shaped and the skin being almost luminescent and pale. He never saw the hands again but he did experience other things at that house during his childhood.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Other hauntings by bogienova

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bogienova, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
That's a good point about gesturing for my dad to come closer... I never really thought about it. Dad was always very clear about the hands gesturing like opening a book but he was very young and could have misinterrupted it... He was scared. Sorry I haven't commented back but I was having problems with the settings on my account after I tried to change my e-mail address. Not so computer savvy... Sad to say. There was always stuff happening at that house. I think it had to do with the fact that there were so many children around at all times. Kids are perceptive...I'll write about some of the other events.
Peace and love,
Bogienova
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-17)
Hi bogienova. It sounds like it was a residual haunting. Unless something else has happened out of character. Did anything else happen? And did anyone see the same or something thing different than your Father? I am wondering as well why your e-mail address is not working or not right?! Not that I need, nor want it, just curious like the others. Thanks for sharing the passed down, from your Father, experience! ~Shelby ❤ 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-17)
Hi bogie. This must have made a real impression on your father. I'm sure at the time, being so young, it would have been pretty frightening. Looking back though, it's kind of a nice experience, seeing those beautiful arms and hands glowing in the dark. It seems a peaceful image. It's so unusual that I really believe this is what your Dad saw. You know, sometimes the stories are so fantastic, or they lay out a perfectly logical story and explanation. Those are the stories I have trouble believing. I'd like to hear some more of your Dad's experiences in Schwartz House, it sounds like an interesting place to grow up. Some people seemed to doubt your story 'Perverted Ghost' because you have an invalid e.mail address, I wonder why?
CenterCore (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
Creepy... I've had some awfully similar sightings, but of what seem to be hand prints on my walls. It hasn't been of recent times but in the past I've spotted something like a blackened hand print on my wall, and it's like it just sort of evaporates. Just one of the many freakish things I have to put up with when living in this miserable house. Just a day in the life for me. I think everyone CAN see supernatural things, but we either pay enough attention or we don't. Most don't. Those of us on this site are either attention-seekers, or those who are able to spot these paranormal instances which happen upon our lives. Good luck in the future.

- Core
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
I would think an experience like that would make a lifetime impression. If he has never changed his story I would think it happened as he said it did. Was it only the kids in the family that saw things? Did the parents every have an experience? Just curious.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
Hi Bogienova,
I would think, as FRAWIN asked, that the gesture that was seen was actually the invitation to come here. That is, unless the ghostly hands were joined by an unseen rest of the body that was casually sitting and reading a book as in it's "olden days". I actually sat here, before posting and used the hand motion, as I would open a book, and I would think if my child saw me do that, he would come running to my arms.
Thank you for the story.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
Hello bogienova. The Schwartz House kind of reminds me of my old homeplace. Could the hand gestures(as if opening a book), have been like an invitation to pick up a child? Just wondering.
Thanks for the story, I enjoyed it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: