You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Saturday Morning Cartoons

Real Ghost Stories

Saturday Morning Cartoons

 

When I was a young child the best thing in the world was waking up early on Saturday morning for cartoons. At 6 o'clock on Saturday the first thing that they would show was "Mr. Peppermint" along with his right hand puppet Muffin and after that was over, they would start showing the good stuff like He-man and Transformers. Clearly I was a child in the era of good cartoons before pokemon took over the world.

The child in me loves to sleep and I was no different when I really was a child but I loved my cartoons and would wake up early without an alarm clock on Saturday to partake. One morning this ritual placed me in a strange situation coming face to face with something in a rear bedroom of our house. Being the first person awake that morning and being only 5 or 6 years old at the time, being stealthy was important because if Mom or Dad caught me they would send me back to bed and I would miss some of my shows! I remember getting out of bed and creeping down the hallway to our front room where the television was located. Turning on the television and finding the right channel for Mr. Peppermint to be doing this thing.

I watched Mr. Peppermint and muffin argue for a few minutes and then heard a soft noise coming from the rear of the house. I don't know why but I went back down the hall towards my bedroom but I did and looked further down the hall towards an unused bedroom at the very end. I thought that I heard something moving in there and since I did have a small dog, I thought maybe Phoenix was in there.

I walked into the darkened room and to my horror saw a bright green mass with a face floating above the furniture in the room. My parents had been using this room for storage since me and my brother were at that time young enough to share a room. The mass turned towards me and had this startled expression as if I had scared him. I assume from the face that it was a male but after all these years I don't remember specifics about the face. I ran for my bedroom and got back in bed and did what all little kids do when they are terrified and pulled the covers over my head. If you pull the covers over your head it stops any monsters from being able to touch you through the "blankie-forcefield".

I stayed there for hours until I heard my parents get up and they asked me if I had turned on the television because it was still on in the living room. This is how I know that I really did get up out of bed and was not dreaming because I had turned on the television. I don't know what I saw that morning but it was not mean or dangerous it just was there and appeared to afraid of little old me.

Other hauntings by bogienova

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bogienova, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tropicninja (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
Blankie-Forcefield ALWAYS works, I wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for me and my Blankie-FF, anyway, this experience sounds creepy, I know I'd have been scared if I was like 5-7 (I forget how old you said you were, if you did at all) Anyway, good luck! (I guess) May the Blankie-Force be with you young padawan (Yeah I know it's a cheap joke but hey, would you really expect a yo mama joke on a site like this? I'm going to say one anyway, Yo mama so ugly, she put ghost-busters in business! Just made that one up on the spot so, don't complain if it's a bad one πŸ˜‰)
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
lol the Blankie-forcefield...what a perfect name!
Great story, the image that comes to mind is the green ghost in the first "Ghost Busters". I'm sure it was far more scary seeing one in person!
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Hi I was a little kid in the 80's too:) Hmm... This story reminds me of something I saw once. I was in my room at my old haunted apartment when I looked towards the master bathroom door and there was this red misty cloud with a face in the middle of it. The face looked more like some kind of tribal mask or ceremonial mask and was red also. I say cloud loosely because it really did look more like a swirling mist or a mass. This didn't scare me at all and the face/mask just smiled at me and disappeared. I have a feeling it was some kind of tibetan spirit though because I had collected a few antiques that were used in tibetan buddhist type rituals.

Thanks again for the story
-Sydney ❀ 😊 ❀
mariatheghosthunter (3 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
im 17 and I still use "blankie-forcefield" and it has worked for me... Alot πŸ˜†.
Vikki (4 stories) (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
If is wasn't for the blankie-forcefield what state would any of us be in now 😜

Your story made me smile in a weird way, thanks for sharing!
AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
Ahhh boo the Blankie Forecfield... I used just throw stuff at them... If it hit something solid then someone playing tricks on you, if it goes through them,well, that's a different matter altogether... But early morning TV? Nope, early morning surfing for me and my mates. Stuff TV, we had our boards and went surfing. If there was no surf, maybe morning TV, if there was anything decent on (which there wasn't, just boring rubbish like TV POW and HR Puffenstuff, that scared the hell out of me) 😁 😐
Tabby_Cat (15 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
Blankie-forcefield... Hahaha! That's rich! I guess it's just an automatic reflex we all have. As if no demons or ghosts can reach their hand through it and get us under there! πŸ˜† Well, I honestly have no idea what that was. It didn't seem dangerous because if it was, it would have came at you with an evil look! Rawr! So you haven't ever seen this thing again? I guess that's good!
Shikiangel (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
ahh saterday morning cartoons... Never watched them. But I have used the Blakie-forcefeild many tiems before
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
POWER TO THE BLANKIE-FORCEFIELDS! No evil or good can penetrate such a powerful force!

I'm 19 rofl! And still think that covering my whole body, putting music high and making randomly loud noises would scare the unknown and protect me.
sammie (28 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
haha yes I am a believer of blankie-forcefeild too! It work's every time! Lol great story! πŸ˜†
bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Thanks...Saturday morning cartoons are one of my favorite childhood... Adulthood pastimes.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
Hi bogienova. I really enjoyed reading your story. I, too, remember making sure I woke up in time to watch all of my favorite cartoons on Saturday mornings. Even when I was in high school I had to make sure I was awake atleast by 10am to watch "Beetlejuice". Bugs bunny and friends were the best! The cartoons now are horrible! I wish that I could be in with everyone and say that I used the blankie-forcefield but I was and still am one of those people that have to see what is going on around me no matter how afraid I am. If I were to get under the blankets I would be even more scared wondering what the 'THING' was doing outside of the blanket. Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY ❀ 😊
bossymiss (1 stories) (30 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-15)
i love that blankie forcefild thing when I was little I used to go in to my mom and dads room and I used to think there was dark monsters well that's what I used to call them on the landing in my imagination there used to be a crocadile there and that was when I was three and I used to sit there punching and kicking the air oh and there were lions and tigers to πŸ˜• it was very wierd it was dark πŸ˜‰
bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-14)
Maybe your sister really did see an alien? She could have been dreaming or a victim of sleep paralysis. That's seriously creep! 😨
radio1 (8 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-14)
Hey when my sister was that age, she swears she saw a little glowing guy in the walk-in closet next to her bed. He had big eye's and a little nose and mouth.

She said he kind of looked like the aliens that they show, when people describe an alien they've seen. He looked at her and smiled...

The next night she felt someone pulling her hair, and when she tried pulling her hair up from in between the head bored and mattress, something pulled her all the way down under the bed.

Just thought I share that with you. My sister is 40 years old now and still swears by this story...
bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-12)
Thanks Patch. I hope you enjoyed the story. There are some very interesting ones on this site to be sure.
πŸ˜†
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-12)
Saturday morning cartoon were the best! And I also used the blankie-Force field.
I really liked your story, and I just made an account here just to comment on this :3 ❀
bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-10)
I really don't think that the green mass was connected to anything stored in the room because the only things stored in there was baby furniture that belonged to my two years younger brother. To my knowledge all of the furniture was new to my brother but I could be wrong. Me and my brothers did have other experiences in that house while growing up all three of us saw things we could not explain but our dad always believed us.
bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-10)
Thanks for all the comments. The "blankie-force field" works wonders. πŸ˜† Lots of stuff always happens to my family and me and I'll write some more stories for ya'll. Yes, the Texan just said Ya'll.
Much love,
bogienova
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-10)
i am a firm believer in the blankie force field! It worked for me and I know every one of my children used it as well as my grand so!

thank you so much for sharing your story-what a treat 😁

God Bless!
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-09)
Freaky!When I was a little kid I was about to go asleep but when I turned I saw a white floating object in front of my face. I was scared so I covered my head under the blankets and held my dog closer.Lol!She likes to sleep under the blanketsxD Anyways, after about 8 seconds I looked up and it was gone. I knew it wasn't dangerous though. And yep I did the same thing as you did!Funny.Anyways now that I look back on it,it's funny! And I still don't know if it was my imagination or real. I know I wasn't dreaming yet. Cause I had a dreamless night that night... Somehow it must've gave me a memory of it?LOL!
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-09)
Bogienova, thank you for the cute story. You told it so well. Soma the "blankie-forcefield" must work, because Martin still uses it. πŸ˜† Sorry my friend I couldn't resist that. I wonder though if the entity in this story was attached to something that was being storied in that room. πŸ˜•

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you. ❀
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-08)
Hey bogienova! I wondered if there were any other experiences? Anything odd, like missing items or things moved around that you can recall? That was a good story! Thanks for sharing!
GhostTalker13 (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-08)
Wow, I love Pokemon, but I guess they are taking over the world! I really want that to come true, I would win every battle. Anyway... πŸ€” I used to wake up too at 6:00 in th morning to watch stuff like that, now that I wake up for middle school at 6:30, I still watch shows like that! So, can you describe what the green mass looked like again, cause maybe it will come back to you if you know what or who it was.
Soma (3 stories) (21 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-08)
Ya its true! Cartoons nowadays are all poo, they lack any soul. I remember fighting with my brothers on whether we watch Transformers/Heman, or My Little Pony/Todays Special. Does the blankie forcefield really work? Haha I'm going to have to remember that one. I wonder who that ghost was...
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-08)
Very cute story bogienova! I loved saturday morning cartoons too! It was the best time of the week. I don't think kids have that tradition anymore... Or if they do, it's all japanese stuff nowadays. And I agree, the "blankie-forcefield" is a known, full proof, protection method in the ghost hunting world πŸ˜‰ It works against any dark entities... Or big brothers with a scary mask.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: