You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Sk8ter Boi

Real Ghost Stories

Sk8ter Boi

 

I have another funny ghost story for ya'll. Yes, the Texan just said ya'll. One day I was driving home from a doctor's appointment about noon and drove around the corner of the street into my driveway. As I was parking my car in the corner house driveway of my home, I saw my teenage neighbor who is about 15 to 16 years old, run neck-break speed out of his house and into the rose bushes our neighbor has planted across the street from his house in a dive. I call this kid Sk8er boi (skater boy) because he always does skateboard tricks out the in street daring me to run him over (so far I have resisted the temptation).

That day Sk8ter Boi was wearing only a pair of tore up blue jeans, no shirt and he was barefoot. It rarely gets really cold here in Texas but on that particular day I remember it being cold enough that a jacket would be necessary not to freeze your butt off. So Sk8ter boi was clearly upset or scared or something to be running out of his house in just a pair of ripped up blue jeans.

Curious because this kid thinks he is the baddest of the bad I watched as he caught his breath and untangled himself from the rosebush, I was laughing my butt off; I'm not going to lie. I started to get out of my car and realized that Sk8ter boi was walking over towards me. I asked him if he was ok. Sk8ter boi was paler than usual and his blue eyes wide but not dilated (I made sure to check, he has a history as a small time drug dealer). He had scratched his chest up pretty good with the rosebushes too. Sk8ter boi said "Well, It's a long story but my house is haunted", he paused to look at me, I guess to see if I was going to laugh at him. I gestured for him to continue. He said "Well, I heard something beating on the walls of my garage and screaming at me and calling my name and I'm home alone and I'll be damned if I'm going into the house again alone".

At this point I should point out that his kid really thinks he is a gangster league tough guy, on many occasions I have heard him across the street cursing out his mother like a sailor on shore leave. If he was my kid I would have beaten him to death already, however his mother puts up with it for some reason or another (Must be love). The cops are no strangers to their address either...

However on this day Sk8ter boi then begged to use my phone to call his mother. I was not going to let this kid use my house phone because I don't like him and I was home alone but since he wanted his "Mommy" I felt bad for him and handed him my cell phone. I figured if he took off running with it, it was insured and I would get a brand new shiny one. However Sk8ter boi just called his Mama and got her voice mail like five times in a row leaving pitiful messages about how she needed to come home right then. It was pretty cold outside and I wanted to get in my house by then, so I asked Sk8ter boi what he was going to do?

Sk8ter boi just looked at me and said "I guess I'm going to sit in the driveway until Mom comes home" and then thanked me and walked off back across the street to sit at the very edge of his driveway huddled up in a little ball. I was still in shock that he was polite to me and I went inside my house but peeked out every few minutes to see if he was still there. I was slightly concerned for his well-being but like I said I was home alone and he thinks he's a tough guy... So I figured the cold wouldn't hurt him that bad. He sat there for about 10 minutes until his mother drove up into the driveway and they all went into the house together. Unfortunately at this point I had to go to work and didn't get to go over there and talk to his Mama. Man, I wanted to talk to his Mama.

Now this is just my speculation but... I think that that kid is so bad to his Mama (she is an only parent) and little siblings that whatever is in their house likes to torment him when he is alone at his house to take him down a notch or five.

Other hauntings by bogienova

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bogienova, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Angelyn (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
I have a similar neighbor... I wish an entity would pay him a visit! You think once it has taught that boy a lesson, it could come my way?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Ghostly presence: 1
Human dis-respecter: 0.
Good score. No coaching necessary to figure out who went running home to the Mama that he previously bad mouthed.
I think you are right on the conclusion you came up with. I would have liked to knock that bit of chip off his shoulder if I was forced to live in close proximity to that lad.
Geez!
Thank you.
bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Thank you, KimSouthO. To my knowledge Sk8ter boi is doing much better with his mother and the front yard soap operas have lessened over the last year or so... 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Disrespectful, my foot! Regardless of HIS misiries, he OWES his parents at least SOME RESPECT!

I completely agree with you, finally an entity to deal in 'their' own way with one of the want to be punks who think they are 'all that and a bag of sugar' as my daughter would say.(I agree, I would have beaten him senseless as well, regardless...) Score one for the 'entity'!

I find your story interesting, funny and very justified! That afternoon with tough guy sitting in the driveway waiting for mommy may have taught the kid a lesson we will never know. Hey, that could be the turning point from him hitting and abusing his mother to realizing he doesn't know all and is not mister big bad man!

I say way to go, and I am glad you were able to witness it! Sounds like he tormented you a bit as well.
bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
I disagree... I was laughing at his actions that day not his personal miseries... To which I already explained I only have second hand knowledge of...I'm sure there are reasons for his behavior towards his mother and younger siblings... However this does not give him free reign to torment neighborhood school children or verbally bash his mother in public... For that he does deserve my disrespect... It is not his fault necessarily that his house is haunted... However some spirits are fueled by social unrest within a home enviroment and thrive off of extreme emotions. Such as rage or anger...
keekee404 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Sounds interesting, though I feel that you were being very disrespectful towards him, and that bothers me. I don't think he can help it if his house is haunted, it doesn't just mean ghosts are after him for being bad. You don't sound like a very responsibly person either if you're laughing at messed-up kids. 😕
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Hi bogienova. I thanks for the story, I enjoyed it. I would have reached the same conclusion as you, that the ghost was teaching him a lesson. Take care.

=FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: