You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Ghost Disapproved Of My Earrings?

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost Disapproved Of My Earrings?

 

This following experience has happened to me twice in the same week, a few months ago. I have quite a few piercings but I have these specific earrings that look like gauges. I always wear my earrings while I'm asleep at night but one morning I woke up and I felt both of my ears to find that my gauges weren't on my ears. By the way every morning when I wake up I always touch my piercings to make sure they are still there. I don't know why I do this but its become a habit at this point I guess.

Anyways I checked to see if they were in my bed and they were there right underneath me which was a little weird I guess. The strange this about this was that the backs were still on my earrings. I panicked because I thought they had slit my ear or something because that's the only way they can come off of my ears without me taking them off.

I looked in the mirrors but my ears were perfectly fine. It happened a few months ago and it still baffles me to this day that my earrings could unscrew themselves, be removed from my ear, backs screwed on again and are placed underneath me.

It happened to me two nights in a row, with the same earrings. I put on a different pair of earrings after this and it hasn't happened again.

Does anyone have any ideas? Please comment in the discussion below as I would love to hear everyone else's opinions. Also this really happened to me but if you don't believe me that's perfectly fine, everyone has their own opinions and I'm respectful of that. If anyone else has experienced something like this please comment as I'd love to hear your experiences.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Night_flap_flap, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-25)
Lady-Glow, I know right I wondered the same thing. But every one has skeletons in their closets so who knows. 😁

Night flap_flap,

Its all good I mean it totaly sucked but at least I didn't get the chance to get attached like that. I know not all witches are bad it just depends on what kind of magic they practice and what they do with it.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-25)
Lilwolf - it makes me wonder what attachment could hold a pastor's wife to this plane instead of her flying with fanfare to the other side after her passing...

Night_Flap_Flap - thanks for replying. Knowing that a deceased loved one wouldn't have approved of your choice of earrings and that this same person was making her presence felt after her death sure gives a twist to your experience. Was she a grandmother?

If I were in a situation like that, I would feel curious and probably would try to record myself while sleeping wearing those earrings, just to see how she does it.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-25)
Chiku- that's the thing about the paranormal. A lot of times it isn't rational and often it is outside the realm of possibility and reality.
Night_flap_flap (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-24)
AugustaM, thank you for your comment 😊 it has been months since this has happened and I never wore the earrings again after that so I probably won't bother getting the app because I have an idea of who the ghost is because she wouldn't have approved of my earrings and my mom had had strange experiences with her after her death so I find it very likely its the same person. Thank you for your comment, if I decide to put the earrings back in and it happens again I might get the app 😊 ❤
Night_flap_flap (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-24)
Lady-glow, thank you for your comment. I think it wasn't me because I would've probably left the backs off but I think it is a certain deceased loved one who didn't approve of my earrings. Also it happened two nights in a row with the same earrings and the backs were always still on them. After the second night I changed the earrings to normal looking ones that would've been approved by my loved one and it never happened again as soon as I changed the earrings so I find that really strange because if it was me I probably would've continued. Thanks for sharing 😁
Night_flap_flap (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-24)
Tweed, thank you for your comment. I love stretched ears but I don't plan on stretching mine. I just have earrings that imitate gauges so I can still wear earrings and also look like I have gauges on other days. (Best of both 😁) I haven't seen the Katie Piper documentaries but I have seen other shows about that kind of stuff. I have a strong feeling that I know who the ghost might have been though
Night_flap_flap (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-24)
Valkricry, thank you for your comment, I find that interesting 😁 also yeah the backs on the earrings baffles me too
Night_flap_flap (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-24)
Lilwolf, I have a black chain with a pentagram too, just without the rose. Sorry to hear about yours. I'd go mad if mine broke to be honest as I wear it everyday but that's so cool how you caught the ghost. I'd love to know exactly who was removing my earrings although I have an idea who it might be 😁 also witches aren't actually bad people, they're actually healers 😁
Chiku (1 stories) (21 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-23)
I would go with one of the comment which as per me is more rational and is near to reality. May be the o/p have misplaced her earrings.
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-23)
Night_Flap_Flap

I have never heard of it happening with earrings but I had it happen with a necklace once. It was a black thin chain a pentagram with a rose through it. I had it for one day woke up the next morning with the chain broken and placed on my night stand.

After an EVP recording and a little history research I found out a female ghost in my house use to be a pastors wife and thought I was a witch. Of course I'm not I just thought it was a unique necklace.

So I definitely believe it could happen with earrings.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-23)
Hi Night Flap,

Are you stretching your earlobes perchance? If so I think it's likely a ghost disapproves of the earrings, or the ear stretching at least. Maybe these particular earrings are just easier for them to remove for some reason. Did you ever watch those docs Katie Piper did about extreme body mod? Just about every episode had someone booked in for earlobe reconstruction from overuse of heavy earrings, or cutting off the big hoops (eek!).
I figure it's likely someone wants you to take care of your earlobes. If you're into the big hoop stuff, maybe don't over do it. Or if you're into wearing heavy earrings, don't wear them every day.

Let us know if it happens again, its most intriguing! Thanks for sharing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
val - I understand the deja vu LOL That has always baffled me too and the only thing I can think of is "they" wanted to make sure we didn't lose the backs.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
My pleasure, Miracles. I just wanted to add this little side-bar, as Night_flap_flap might find it interesting.
Just yesterday, right before this entry appeared in my que for editing, Miracles had told me about her earring experience. (Her story had been published before my time here at YGS, so total news to me.) Reading this account was a bit like deja vu, and I mean that in a good way.
What really baffles me is that the backs were back on the earring...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
Night_flap_flap - our mod, valkricry, brought your story to my attention because I had a similar experience (thanks, val 😉). I have never truly figured out what happened except someone nonliving was very instrumental in my experience.

If you'd like to read about my earring experience, here is the link http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=10810

By the way, I completely believe you.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
Well, if you are keen on getting to the bottom of it, there are apps you can download for free on your phone and/or tablet that turn them into motion activated cameras (with passable night vision capabilities). Usually it takes two devices - one to serve as the camera and the other as viewer. They can be set up to monitor all night long and soon as anything moves, be it you or a spirit, they'll catch it.

It could be a spirit or it could be you. I used to take out my retainer and chuck it clear across the room in my sleep when I was younger - I couldn't help it so I eventually gave up wearing it.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
Welcome to YGS.

Is there a chance that you removed your earrings in your sleep?
What makes you think in the possibility of a ghost doing it? Is it because there's a history of paranormal activity in your house?

I'm not saying that you didn't experience this but, in my opinion, there's not enough information in your narrative supporting the theory of a paranormal event.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: