You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Earthbound in my Home

Real Ghost Stories

Earthbound in my Home

 

This experience happened while I was still living at home with my father. We were in this house from 1997 - 2001. Things started off fine, we were both comfortable in the house. Things started happening very slowly but picked up a very fast pace. It all started when I would be home alone, downstairs watching tv when I would hear the side door close and foot steps walking from the kitchen down the hall to my dads room. Thinking that maybe my dad had come home from lunch, I would mosey upstairs to greet him only to find the driveway vacant of any car and no one in the house.

I will also mention that my sister was living with my mom at the time and would spend Wed nights and every other weekend with my dad. We both had our own room. After the whole foot step thing started taking place my dad would make a random comment to me like, "thanks for making your sisters bed..." To which I would tell him that I never did make it. My sister is a slob and would leave for school not even touching her room.

On other occasions my dad would ask what I was doing in my sisters room because the sheets would be pulled back. Heck, why would I be in there when I had my own room?

Here is where it starts to get even more interesting... My dad works for a big company and sometimes has to travel out of state. Well, this time he was about to head to California for a week. To my surprise, he allowed me to stay at the house alone (I was 16 or 17). While my dad was gone, things started to get very weird. My buddy from up the street would stay at my place because we would often get in late.

One night during that week, we were sitting at the table talking before heading to a friends when he seemed transfixed on something. I asked him what he was looking at and he said that he kept seeing two balls of light whirling around the kitchen then shoot into the wall (orbs). We decided to head out after that.

Well, upon returning home a few hours later, pulling into the driveway we both froze and looked at each other. Every light was on in the house as well as every ceiling fan.

Jumping forward to the end of that week home alone. My dad gets home and asks me why I was in his room while he gone. I hadn't been and honestly, I thought he would have locked his door since it was shut and I had no reason to even go in there. The reason why he asked me this was because he had bought a pair of shoes and hadn't even taken them out of the box, just threw 'em in his closet. When he got home and went to his room, the shoes were not only out of the box but were laced up at the foot of his bed.

One day I was up the street at my friends and we got to talking about all of this in front of his mom and their elderly neighbor who often came over. Well, this woman who had lived in the neighborhood told me reluctantly that a few years back, a family living their which was comprised of a woman, her husband and daughter lived there. Apparently the woman had some mental issues. One day the father came home from work (this next part is graphic) to find his wife in the closet, with a dry cleaning bag wrapped around her head. She was dead when he arrived there.

I was of course a bit freaked by this news but figured as much that this was the explanation as to what was going on in the house. Never once did I feel threatened in the house except for twice.

One night I was laying in bed watching tv when all of a sudden there was this banging sound. It started on my dresser and made its way all the way around the room and stopped by my head. At that point, right in my ear, a deep animalistic breathing, almost growling sound started happening. I said a prayer and asked to be protected by the white light and it stopped.

This happened once more downstairs while I was at the computer. That deep animalistic breathing sound coming from outside the comp room in the basement. I was using AOL Instant Messenger talking to my friend up the road. I told him what had just happened on there because I was so freaked. Then it happened again! Right behind my head. At that point I jumped up, ran upstairs, out the door and straight to my buddies.

When I got there he opened the door with a puzzled look on his face. He asked me how I had gotten to his house so fast after just typing to him. He showed me the instant message that read from me, "nah man, I'm just messing with you, everything's cool..." I never typed that! That is my story. There are definitely more to follow. Thanks for your time.

Brian

Other hauntings by BriFischer05

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BriFischer05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-02)
Oups, meant "loony list" 😆sorry for the hasty spelling.

By the way, although this is a late comment, I was wondering if you were able to learn more about that woman and her life just before the unfortunate events.

Thanks
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-02)
It makes me wonder whether the woman who lived in your house years ago was actually mentally ill or she was seen as being that. Sometimes, if not most times, talking about the supernatural and suggesting that you have encountered something out of the ordinary places you on the "luny list" of most wanted. I wonder if that same breathing was following her around too or whether this is something irrelevant to the events back then. Whatever the case, I think you should take all necessary precautions. A ghost or something that types messages and has so much energy to manifest, should better be a benevolent one if it was to pass through my house.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
I don't 'feel' that the other entity did that to her. I also can't be certain that there were two. In a way I think that maybe in a sense she did her motherly, house duties but at the same time, had her moments of despair and lashed out. I myself am bi polar but certainly not on the level she must have been although I have come close. We'll leave it at that. Its just very hard to say and there is a lot that I didn't post in my story. One example: my sister came running upstairs to get me one night because Sheba (RIP) was acting weird. I ran down to her and she was wide eyes and shaking on the ground,rigid. Straight fear in her eyes. Makes me teary eyed typing this... It was very odd. I just held her head in my lap and rubbed her and talked / comforted her and until she just snapped out of it and was fine. It could have been a seizure I don't know. She was a healthy lab as far as we knew. My dad added an addition to the downstairs. During this time weird things happened. The speakers would fall off the wall (the kind that you push into the nail and pull down to secure. They'd fall - nail still in wall) The air vents on more than one occassion fell out of ceiling nearly hitting my dad on the head. He would see a fleeting figure rush up and down the hallway between rooms while he would be watching tv in living room. Although to this day he refuses to believe any of it. Oh, this is a good one: he was shaving one morning and noticed that a couple shampoo bottles were in the tub. After shaving, he went to pick them up and put them back on the side of the tub but he couldn't. They were already placed back on the side! Anywho, sorry for the long rants. So much happened and I could just go on and on.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Brian,
You have more guts than me that's for sure. It would be wonderful to be able to send the woman to the Light and banish the other spirit back from whence it came. I know that is no longer possible but I hope whoever lives there now knows enough to do so. My heart bleeds for anyone who takes their life. Can you imagine the depth of despair? Only thing worse would be being stuck on this side for whatever reason. I think some are afraid to pass to the Light because they knew after the fact that it was wrong to take their life and they fear retribution so they are afraid of moving forward. I believe Our God is a God of love and would not condemn a mentally ill person for taking their life. Could this other entity have pushed her over the edge? Could be.It's hard for people that are sure of their sanity when the supernatural occurs much less someone who is mentally unstable. As far as the typing incident that would have given me enough proof that I wasn't imagining things. Funny about the laces being laced. I have heard tales of horses mane's being braided inside a locked barn in the dead of night. Doing shoelaces is like a form of braiding and that's what brought the horse thing to mind. I enjoyed your story and it is very believable.
FUNNYLAUGH (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
This woman obviously gets bored floating around all day, so she nosys into your buisness and gets cheeky. She loves socializing and shes quite sly.
Watch out though. She could get nasty, or do the same thing to you as she got done to her...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Thank you, Brian, for another glimpse of how you came to be here right now.
I would agree that the bed making, shoe fixing being, would appear to have been the poor unhappy wife that ended her life in the closet (of your Father's room?)
I think Mustang may have something there about the animalistic growling driving her to do what she thought must be done for her "safety".
Thankfully, I can not sympathise with her, but I CAN empathise with that whole situation. Living in a place where it appears that even the sanctuary of your own home does not feel safe. I think she may have thought herself in mortal danger and before "that thing" could get to her and tear her limb from limb, she was going to take care of things herself.
How very sad when one ends ones on life. My problem with these ghosties is that I tend to want to wrap them up in a huge hug before sending them off to The Other Side.
Thank you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Hi Brian. I agree with the comments below. I think that the one that was messing with making the beds and lacing shoes was more than likely the woman who died in the home. The other... That's pretty darn scary something banging and then breathing like an animal in your ear! That sounds like something evil or possibly demonic. Maybe the evil being, that growled, was in the house when that lady who died was there and that's what made her commit suicide. That is what you meant, right? She did commit suicide? Maybe she was hearing the same things and with having a mental condition already, it might have pushed her overboard. Just a guess.
I also would like to know if any of these entities followed you to your new house? Like FRAWIN said you are "in tune" with this other world and will probably always be. Thanks for sharing another experience with us.

Shelby ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Hello Brian. I really enjoyed your story, it was interesting and was very believable. I think that you will continue to have paranormal experiences because you are "in-tune" with the other realm. Learn to protect yourself from the negative forces because as you can see it is the same on the other side -you have both good and bad. God Bless.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Wow! How frightening!

I am impressed you have been able to keep your wits about you at such a young age. You handled most everything with courage and power!

I agree with Ohiowatha, there seems to be more than just one 'entity' in the home. One is most likely the woman, the one lost in the home after her suicide. She is simply going about her daily routine tending the home.

The other one, I would be concerned about. Say some prayers. Hang at least one cross in each roome, especially the bed room. Tell it to leave with the same conviction you have with held through out this ordeal. Tell 'it' that 'it' is not welcome in the name of the Lord!

Keep us posted and God Bless!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Holy smackeral, Brian! That is such a great story. I totally buy it because you seem intent on relaying exact details. This usually reflects an individual who is really trying to get his story across and is relaying facts.

This is interesting because the first entity seems to want to do things in-line with what a stay at home parent would--making beds, lacing shoes, etc.

But this second one is rather alarming. Most "animalistic breathing" I have studied suggests a demonic presence in the house. Super alarming, that. I assume this breathing did not follow you to your new house after 2001?

Another question: how did you find this site? What were your expectations for telling this story? Why did you wait until now to present it to "the masses?" Just curious.

Thanks much, Brian. Keep me posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: