You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Flashing Light

Real Ghost Stories

Flashing Light

 

My sister just moved into a new home, and I keep seeing this bright light. More of like a flashing star like object. I awoke and it was outside my niece's room in the middle of the hall way close to the ceiling, I figured maybe it's the smoke alarm, so I just watched and watched. For a while nothing. Then it would come quick.

The next morning, I went to see if a smoke alarm was there, and there wasn't. Just last night 01/20/2008, I awoke and went and sat on the couch in the dark. I seen this light again. Before I had seen it upstairs outside my niece Marissa's room. Now I was seeing it sort of in the same place but downstairs in the middle of the ceiling between the doors of one room and the other room. It was so bright and then flashed dimly. So I turned on the t.v. and waited. Well the tv was on and I was still seeing this mysterious light. Like a sparkle or something. Too fast to take a picture of. As if you had a big diamond ring on and you were to move your hand left and right slowly and how they shine quickly. But I was in pitch black both times, and I wear no jewelry.

I really don't know what it is, and even when I'm not looking at that spot I can see it flash in the corner of my eye. It will not move, it just stays in that same spot no matter what.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JodiMCHS2008, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AnnaPossumPoe (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
It's most likely an orb if it is a paranormal object. If not, I'd guess it's just your mind reacting to a non-visible reflection.
FUNNYLAUGH (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
is there a mirror, jewellery or any thing?
-Get to know the history of your house.
was it an orb?
Has someone died there?

good luck,babe
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
Are there mirrors, or a metal object (Even the smallest amount of silver seems to be able to catch light) anywhere near where this light appears, upstairs or downstairs? Glass, a picture frame? A juice glass?
I hate asking all of these questions, but if this were at my house, I could see for myself and not have to rely on someone elses eyes, you know?
This is very interesting. I wonder too what it could be.
Thank you.
JodiMCHS2008 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
im from the southeast side of chicago and there kind of a lot of electrical towers but my sisters house is not near them like some of the other houses would be. My friend lived right infront of the forest perserve where there are tons along the bike trail, and I've never seen anything through out my entire life and I have been friends with her since we were in preschool and I'm 18 now. I'm sleeping there friday and I'm going to wake my sister up if I happen to see it again.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
I would try darkening the room as much as possible so you can't blame outside interference and see if it happens again. Interesting to say the least. Do you happen to live near any electrical towers? They say they can create strange light anomalies like floating orbs and such.
JodiMCHS2008 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
I have tried everything to see what it was but all the blinds were closed and all the doors were shut and I was by myself in the living room besides the cats but they were laying and didn't move at all, I asked my sister about the house if there was the smoke detectors or little lights anywhere and she said no. The first time I seen it I thought it was my imagination or like I said before the smoke alarm. But there wasn't one there. And this thing like just comes whenever it wants. I can sit there and just stare and it will happen. But not all the time. I looked online and found that there are such lights like for the porch as in emergency lights that are similar colors to what I'm seeing. So I'm going to ask her landlord if there are any in the house. Thank you for the advice, I will try to do more to see if it is anything else ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Hi Jodi. I have to ask the same question as Kim. Are you sure it is not something reflecting from the street through a window? Kind of like a cars headlights passing by quickly and the light bouncing off of the wall/ceiling through a window. I would try to figure that out first before thinking that it is something paranormal. Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Are you certain this is not a reflection of something either from in the house some where or out on the street?

Do not become to alarmed until you have found a way to try to debunk it.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: