You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Townhouse Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Townhouse Ghost

 

I would like to share my experience back when I was in college in Baguio City Philippines.

This was back in 2004 and me and my sister were new (8 hours away from our home city), and we met new people who were into Ouija boards and ghost hauntings, back then me and my sister were never into that kind of stuff so meeting new "friends" that are into paranormal intrigued us highly. 3 of the girls in the group are sisters as well and came from family of "manghuhula" or fortune tellers, they instructed us to have our third eye opened, I think it was just me that got successful of doing so, since my sister didn't have any experience of any sort. The townhouse at the time that we were renting was located in Guisad Baguio, which is known to be coffee factory from what I was told that got burnt down.

From the beginning we didn't really experience anything yet, but ever since we started having our drinking sessions there, and practicing Ouija board games, that's when it all started. My first experience was when I was in my bedroom and I just got done ironing my clothes for the next day class, I had the iron by my bedside and I happen to look at it and saw a black entity by the foot of my bed, but I look over and there's nothing there. I got freaked out and turned off the light right away, and for some reason (insert eye roll) I was thinking to myself that if that thing is really real if he can show more of his presence I think part of me too thought it was "cool" that I can finally things like that even if it scared me.

But what happened was I ended dreaming of it, I remember there was an arm hugging me, it was a huge arm and I felt I got drag towards my cabinet and when I looked up there was someone inside it and I'm sure it was a he just because it was wearing a hoodie and it was hunched over and before it looked at me the entity that owned the arm stood up and was yelling something I couldn't understand. Then I woke up. I was so scared and I couldn't even stand up because I was hearing footsteps outside my door when I was the only one there, my sister already went to her class since she was ahead of me by a year in college.

When I opened the door no one was really there, I tried to peek under the door and I would see shoes walking and pacing around, I was so scared that I just end up dressing and leaving as fast as I could. I felt stupid for provoking those kind of things but it didn't stop there.

When I came home that afternoon I started cleaning while waiting for my sister to come home, and as I was mopping the floor I kept hearing something was moving in my bedroom, but here I go again since I was getting frustrated of not getting enough sleep I said to it in my head " if you are real. I dare you to say my name!" and IT DID! Clear as day it said my name, I ended up dropping everything in my hand and ran off outside, my neighbor saw me and came out as well, he asked me if I was okay and I told him everything and of course he will not believe me, but gathered some courage and went back inside. My mother who was very religious would always bring holy water and would leave it in one of the closet, I grabbed that and started praying so hard and practically spraying it in the whole place.

I have been living in the states now and I still remember all that, I don't know who was that ghost but from what I heard from the land lady that there was a huge fire that happened there back in the 80's and a lot of people died.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, katana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

katana (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-04)
[at] AugustaM and Twilight1011 Hello! And thank you for the response, and Yes! I have learned my lesson, I was so curious back then because I have always thought that Ouija board is "Just" an Ouija board, but no, I have not experience anything ever since I moved out, and have no plans on going back in that townhouse, from what I know the land lady made it rent for "short-period" transient I think is what's called for it? Thank you again!:)
katana (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-04)
[at] lady-glow Hello! From what we were told there were instructions that they made us do, from what I remembered I had to close my eyes and imagine myself being in a tunnel and envision a light of some sort (it might sound silly but that was I was instructed) and I was 16 at that time and oblivious to those kind of stuff also the peer pressure as well. And No, the activity did not follow me when I moved out, I haven't read anyone sharing an experience with Ouija board. And your insight about this is helpful, about my neighbor, he doesn't really know my name since we never talk, he only came out when he saw me rushing out and happen to pass by his window lol!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-04)
I too, like lady-glow, am curious about the process involved in opening up one's third eye. Is there a proscribed way to go about achieving such things in your culture? I have heard that such methods exist further east and involve a far greater aptitude for meditation than I will ever posses! I am curious as to how different cultures approach a similar goal.

I hope nothing further has bugged you as a result of your Ouija sessions! Like most things, I don't imagine conjuring spirits mixes too well with alcohol!😅 I am glad things didn't turn out any worse😊 Perhaps a wandering spirit just wanted to have you on for a bit to teach you a lesson.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (318 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-02)
As I'm sure you now learned, Ouija boards aren't good to mess with. Your experience sounds like you soon realized the mistake in your choice of playing with one. Not trying to make you feel bad over my opinion, we all have the tendency to learn lessons the hard way unfortunately. I was curious if you're still bothered over this experience, as in are you still living with this activity, or did you move, and was luckily able to leave it all behind you? As for being able to give out helpful advice, it would be nice to know more about what all is still happening, as you started out saying how this happened back in 2004, out of the states, but clicked the need help with this experience button, making me think that you're still having to deal with the same activities as you did in the past. I hope to hear back from you, so I can get a better understanding of what you're needing help with. Thank you for sharing your experience 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-02)
"they instructed us to have our third eye opened,"

I'm curious about the above statement... Is there a process to open ones third eye? Could you elaborate what you did to achieve this goal?

In my opinion, it's possible that your dream was just that - a dream, perhaps induced by suggestion and tiredness. The voice calling your name is harder to explain but, could it be possible that the neighbour next door heard you and answered? We're the walls soundproof?

Anyway, playing with the Ouija board is never a good idea if you don't know how to do it properly and, given the history of the place it's possible that you girls stirred up something.

Did the activity follow you to the US or did it stop once you moved out of that place? What kind of help do you need/expect from this forum? 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: